[Q] twrp bootloop with a factoryboot cable on hand

Search This thread

gransar

Feb 20, 2014
Hello.
I rooted my kfhd 7 10.4.6 successfully and naturally proceeded to twrp where it got stuck on a bootloop. Now that I have made a factoryboot I was wondering what rout I should follow to flash the rom?
Browsing the topics I see these options:
  1. * continue the process installing the twrp...
  2. * download a toolkit that allows backup
  3. * install ADB
  4. * get fff

Now I'm wondering if someone has just made a restore utility, is there a utility to just restore to the state of having a rom installed?
Also, since I don't care for restoring backups, is there an easier way to flash?
:confused:
I really appreciate your advice.
Deano

wire55

Feb 25, 2013
Firefirefire is not for this device 1st off, you don't have a kfhd 2nd off. Kfhd is v7.x.x. You have a kf2. Kf2's are 10.x.x.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: gransar

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
if your logo turns blue at this point, turn the device off and when you turn it back on hold volume up while the logo is orange and keep holding it even after it turns blue, it should then say twrp and go into twrp, from there you could push a rom and flash it. If the logo does not turn blue then i would put it in fastboot and use kindle fire first aid to restore it, and try again.

gransar

Feb 20, 2014
which rout should I go? restore or twrp?

Firefirefire is not for this device 1st off, you don't have a kfhd 2nd off. Kfhd is v7.x.x. You have a kf2. Kf2's are 10.x.x.

if your logo turns blue at this point, turn the device off and when you turn it back on hold volume up while the logo is orange and keep holding it even after it turns blue, it should then say twrp and go into twrp, from there you could push a rom and flash it. If the logo does not turn blue then i would put it in fastboot and use kindle fire first aid to restore it, and try again.

It's been a while since I bricked. Perhaps it was 10.4.6 I can no longer access the settings the verify. But now that I have a factoryboot cable. I would just flash cyanogenmod. Now when I connect factoryboot it reads (in a fancy 3d text) "Fastboot" with a small "kindle fire" on the right side of it.
I originally followed a youtube video that had links for freedom boots, twrp, etc... to this forum, but then again I must have downloaded incorrect versions.. I'm not concerned with the date. So I'm wondering if it's easier to restore or continue with twrp.
Here are some links I was looking at:
(do I need to go the adb rout)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2459498
Do I need to have adb tools use command: fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33156486
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2685090
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2271909
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2685090

There are too many guides, here ... which is really great. But the process of download, verification, transfer (to a pc).
If I cant brick this device any harder than it is, I will follow each guide...
stunts513, the fire logo does not turn blue. In fact I was taking a video when it was loading ... (it's a funny video about
a guy who bricked his device)

Jul 7, 2010
I had the same issue... I forgot to remove a script before flashing twrp. Maybe it is the same for you. Did you followed carefully the tuto ?

In my situation, I managed to go into fastboot (with fasboot cable), flashed stock ROM, and did the flashing process from the beginning..

Hope it may help

"Envoyé depuis mon Amazon Kindle Fire HD avec Tapatalk"

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
If you only have fastboot access right now i suggest restoring with srt or kindle fire first aid. Afterwards you can start the twrp process over again, we can't simply flash cm from fastboot, if everything else isnt in place like the stack file or the bootimg and a old version of the bootloader then it wouldn't work. Fastboot should be in utilities like kffa and srt

gransar

Feb 20, 2014
If you only have fastboot access right now i suggest restoring with srt or kindle fire first aid. Afterwards you can start the twrp process over again, we can't simply flash cm from fastboot, if everything else isnt in place like the stack file or the bootimg and a old version of the bootloader then it wouldn't work. Fastboot should be in utilities like kffa and srt

There are so many options it seems, but I think I know what to do now (please let me know if it's not a incorrect course):
First, download and Kindle fire first aid from here, to restore back to and then follow the instruction here in order to start twrp and flashing.

I think the versions are according to kf2 (10.4.6) this time.
Thanks you so much everyone.

gransar

Feb 20, 2014
unbrick attempt 3

I have download and installed many sdks and drivers and checked md5.. while at it. kffirstaid does not really seem to connect with the device. And some messing around with the drivers did occur, uninstalling/reinstalling through downloads and through kffirstaid. It now announces as tate-pv-08 though a triangle is showing next to Android ADB Interface in device manager.. I think something is missing.. Is java sdk necessary? because it doesn't install ..
yeah
If I didn't mess around with my Kindle I would be reading through Dante's levels of hell which is more pleasant than all this troubleshooting ..

Attachments

• diag1.png
    diag1.png
    131.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMAG1508.jpg
    IMAG1508.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
You should be able to update the drivers of the Tate device using the drivers in my signature and have then programs work with fastboot. Not sure why an adb device and a Tate device show at same time, the Tate device should be the one needing fastboot drivers for it to work.

gransar

Feb 20, 2014
I got

Hi. Someone yanked out the factory-boot cable and I quickly ordered the scorpion king cable. I downloaded kffirst aide again and there's been a massive update. Running a restore showed all signs of success. But then after restoring it to normal boot, I get kindle fire logo showing and then the boot loop continues.

Last edited:

gransar

Feb 20, 2014
Kffirst aide is in order

You should be able to update the drivers of the Tate device using the drivers in my signature and have then programs work with fastboot. Not sure why an adb device and a Tate device show at same time, the Tate device should be the one needing fastboot drivers for it to work.

I have upgraded kffirst aide and in the middle of restore I do the following statements:
cannot load 'boot-prod.img No error
cannot load recovery-prod.img No error
cannot load system.imp: No error
However at the end there is the success message:
Success!!! The kindle Fire 2 7 has been restored to software version 10.2.3

and yet the bootloop continues to plague the brick..

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Oh wait yea kf2 didn't have a SRT.... My bad. Yea in that case you will need the kf2 I ages, kffa is supposed to download them for you but it's possible the links went down for the files.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I had the same issue... I forgot to remove a script before flashing twrp. Maybe it is the same for you. Did you followed carefully the tuto ?

In my situation, I managed to go into fastboot (with fasboot cable), flashed stock ROM, and did the flashing process from the beginning..

Hope it may help

"Envoyé depuis mon Amazon Kindle Fire HD avec Tapatalk"