Beware of this Ebay Seller

Search This thread

_-Jay-_

Feb 24, 2011
NJ
The sellers name is w2corporation ( http://www.ebay.com/usr/w2corporation )

So my wife originally bought a couple of cases off this seller for her G2 when she did her upgrade a couple of weeks ago. She ended up not liking the device and wanted to go with a Note 3 instead. It was too late to cancel the cases so when they came in I emailed the seller and told them I would like to return the items since we no longer had the phone and get back the $19.80 I spent. They said it was fine and gave me the address of where to send the return. Fast forward 2 weeks, USPS Tracking showed the return as being delivered so I contacted them again to confirm they had the items. They confirmed and told me I should have my money refunded back into my paypal within the next couple of days. That's fine! The next day I get another email from the seller saying that they refunded $15.80 and kept $4.00 for themselves as there was a $2.00 restocking fee on all returns. I responded by telling her that I was never told about a restocking fee, nor was there anything indicated in the listing itself and I would appreciate being refunded the remaining $4.00. (At this point, I am not really concerned with $4.00, but it's all about principal now) They sent me a link to the return policy (which I already read the day before) which now stated that there was a $2.00 restocking fee and told me that the note has been there from the beginning of the listing. Being smarter than she is, I checked the revision history for the listing and saw this:

Mar-11-14 14:56:02 PDT
Details

Item Specifics: - Return Policy
Changed Return policy details from -- to If customer accidentally bought item which does not compatib
PictureURL: Pictures Added/Deleted for Black, Blue, Pink, Purple

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRevisionDetails&_trksid=p2047675.l2569&rt=nc&item=261290931115

Note the date and time of the revision. I guess they don't realize that everyone can see all of the changes they make to a listing? Anyway, I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but just buy at your own risk.

Reactions: patrao_n

swagatsourav

Feb 16, 2011

So my wife originally bought a couple of cases off this seller for her G2 when she did her upgrade a couple of weeks ago. She ended up not liking the device and wanted to go with a Note 3 instead. It was too late to cancel the cases so when they came in I emailed the seller and told them I would like to return the items since we no longer had the phone and get back the $19.80 I spent. They said it was fine and gave me the address of where to send the return. Fast forward 2 weeks, USPS Tracking showed the return as being delivered so I contacted them again to confirm they had the items. They confirmed and told me I should have my money refunded back into my paypal within the next couple of days. That's fine! The next day I get another email from the seller saying that they refunded $15.80 and kept $4.00 for themselves as there was a $2.00 restocking fee on all returns. I responded by telling her that I was never told about a restocking fee, nor was there anything indicated in the listing itself and I would appreciate being refunded the remaining $4.00. (At this point, I am not really concerned with $4.00, but it's all about principal now) They sent me a link to the return policy (which I already read the day before) which now stated that there was a $2.00 restocking fee and told me that the note has been there from the beginning of the listing. Being smarter than she is, I checked the revision history for the listing and saw this:

Details

Changed Return policy details from -- to If customer accidentally bought item which does not compatib

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRevisionDetails&_trksid=p2047675.l2569&rt=nc&item=261290931115

Note the date and time of the revision. I guess they don't realize that everyone can see all of the changes they make to a listing? Anyway, I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but just buy at your own risk.

open a dispute case with ebay, you would get your $4 . also let the seller know of wrong doing by showing them this poof.

_-Jay-_

Feb 24, 2011
NJ
open a dispute case with ebay, you would get your $4 . also let the seller know of wrong doing by showing them this poof.

I have already showed the seller the proof and she reluctantly agreed to refund me the balance. The sad thing is, she lied to my face by telling me the restocking fee was always shown from the beginning, when you can tell right away by the revision history, it was clearly not. Makes you wonder what other things they are dishonest about.

ingenious247

Oct 15, 2011
I have already showed the seller the proof and she reluctantly agreed to refund me the balance. The sad thing is, she lied to my face by telling me the restocking fee was always shown from the beginning, when you can tell right away by the revision history, it was clearly not. Makes you wonder what other things they are dishonest about.

Yeah based on their actions I would never do business with them. Ever. Thanks for the heads up

sg3love

Aug 7, 2012
Torrance
I am sorry you had to go through such bull****.. eBay has been total crap.. All the sellers are selfish bastards and I haven't ordered anything from that site in a while.. I use to have my own eBay store but man.. I hated that community.. Lol:eek:

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
Wow. That's shay. You should have no problem winning the eBay dispute.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
all you need to do is have a disputy with paypal, you have all the proof, and paypal doesn't both about the item cost or shipping cost, just the full refund.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Details