At my wits end installing CWM on rooted verizon s4 with mdk

Search This thread

hydeburns

Jan 3, 2011
So a while back I decided to start my phone fresh. remove root. full factory reset. of course the plan was to re root install a recovery and get back to flashing far too many roms. but ive hit a snag and I cant find my fix.

Starting off, to return to stock I odin flashed the official mdk firmware from back in the day. And then did a factory restore to completely remove everything.
Once done with that I odin flashed the md2 prelease firmware to get root with the motochopper method. updated su binaries and then flashed the mdk kernel back.
And all of that seemed to work fine. Apps requiring root seemed to work fine. But when it came time to flash cwm with rom manager the **** started. after flashing the latest cwm and rebooting into recovery I was greeted with the regular android recovery. So I tried flashing it from rom recovery. That seemed to work. But no roms will flash. Making and restoring a backup kind of worked. But cwn was mainly useless.
So I started over and over with the reverting to stock, factory reseting, and rerooting. ive tried the loki versions of cwm flashing with no luck and have just hit a highly frustrating wall. After near 12 hours trying to figure this out I'm asking for assistance. ive done this before. what the hell is the problem. Help me XDA people. You're my only hope.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
So a while back I decided to start my phone fresh. remove root. full factory reset. of course the plan was to re root install a recovery and get back to flashing far too many roms. but ive hit a snag and I cant find my fix.

Starting off, to return to stock I odin flashed the official mdk firmware from back in the day. And then did a factory restore to completely remove everything.
Once done with that I odin flashed the md2 prelease firmware to get root with the motochopper method. updated su binaries and then flashed the mdk kernel back.
And all of that seemed to work fine. Apps requiring root seemed to work fine. But when it came time to flash cwm with rom manager the **** started. after flashing the latest cwm and rebooting into recovery I was greeted with the regular android recovery. So I tried flashing it from rom recovery. That seemed to work. But no roms will flash. Making and restoring a backup kind of worked. But cwn was mainly useless.
So I started over and over with the reverting to stock, factory reseting, and rerooting. ive tried the loki versions of cwm flashing with no luck and have just hit a highly frustrating wall. After near 12 hours trying to figure this out I'm asking for assistance. ive done this before. what the hell is the problem. Help me XDA people. You're my only hope.

Like Josh said just use Flashify https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cgollner.flashify

It's still updated and works great. To many have had issues with ROM manager or Goo.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

sdsurferbob

Jul 28, 2008
Portland, OR

I was in the same boat all day yesterday - reset to stock using the MDK No wipe tar via Odin, factory restored, flashed MD2, motochopped, flashed MDK, but then could not get any new recoveries to take. Using Flashify I was just able to install CWM 6.0.4.7 (which I had tried doing using ROM Manager, and paid $1.99 for, which didn't work) - halle-frickin-luyah!

hydeburns

Jan 3, 2011
I was in the same boat all day yesterday - reset to stock using the MDK No wipe tar via Odin, factory restored, flashed MD2, motochopped, flashed MDK, but then could not get any new recoveries to take. Using Flashify I was just able to install CWM 6.0.4.7 (which I had tried doing using ROM Manager, and paid $1.99 for, which didn't work) - halle-frickin-luyah!

Thanks guys. I tried all of this with the flashify. Even started off freshly reinstalling stock Mdk and then rerooting with the same method I mentioned earlier. Installing cwm through flashify. And though I can make and restore a backup of my stock rooted Rom. I get the same errors I've been getting trying to flash a custom Rom. I'll try to post a screenshot of the error I get in can when flashing.

Attachments

• IMAG1976.jpg
    IMAG1976.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 41

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cwm from rom manager hasn't worked in awhile. Use philz touch if you really want cwm. Or use flashify to get twrp