[01/04/08] Jaguar 4.0 Released

Search This thread

Ixtana_ran

Mar 30, 2006
Stoke-on-Trent
First rom of yours I've tried nottoosmart, Thanks for your hard work.
No problems at all, just a little annoyance, how to get rid of little plip sound, when you select something on today screen or menus.
You would think wives would be happy that they know where you are, not out drinking and womanising( Oooh them were the days lol).
Any help appreciated, looked in sounds and notifications? nothing.

ashdavely

Jan 6, 2008
I unlocked my G3 8125 using the instructions in the sticky and load Jaguar 4.0a without any problems.Then installed the Cingular Settings cab but... I am not able to get my GPRS internet connection working. IE gives the message "the answering modem has disconnected". It also seems to mention T-Mobile which seems odd, is this left over from the previous 2.26 rom? I have ATT service. Anyone know what I am missing?

Also as someone else mentioned I get the sddaemon.exe error when the OS boots but I've not installed anything. I can remove the lnk from the startup folder to get rid of it.

I unlocked my G3 8125 using the instructions in the sticky and load Jaguar 4.0a without any problems.Then installed the Cingular Settings cab but... I am not able to get my GPRS internet connection working. IE gives the message "the answering modem has disconnected". It also seems to mention T-Mobile which seems odd, is this left over from the previous 2.26 rom? I have ATT service. Anyone know what I am missing?

Also as someone else mentioned I get the sddaemon.exe error when the OS boots but I've not installed anything. I can remove the lnk from the startup folder to get rid of it.

this is left over from the 2.26 install. You may want to flash the version without ext rom, then install the cingular settings cab That should fix both problems

First rom of yours I've tried nottoosmart, Thanks for your hard work.
No problems at all, just a little annoyance, how to get rid of little plip sound, when you select something on today screen or menus.
You would think wives would be happy that they know where you are, not out drinking and womanising( Oooh them were the days lol).
Any help appreciated, looked in sounds and notifications? nothing.

You know, those are the sounds thing that people wanted back so badly. I can give you the reg string but you may have to figure out how to get them off lol. If i do it, you get no sounds then.

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Snd\Event]
"Curr0"=multi_sz:"Alarm2", "Empty", "Alarm2", "Default", "Empty", "Alarm2", "InfBeg", "InfEnd", "InfEnd", "MenuPop", "HWandSW", "Empty", "Alarm2", "InfBeg", "InfEnd", "InfEnd", "Alarm2", "Empty", "Empty", "VoicBeep", "RecEnd"
You can try making the MenuPop to Empty. That may help you but not too sure. It does look that way though.

lkmda

Oct 17, 2006
Welcome back and a couple of questions

Hi, NTS. Welcome back! It's good to see you again. I'm anxious to try your new masterpiece.:)

A couple of questions:
-Do you (or anybody else?) know if VoIP works with this ROM?
-SmartsKey, TodayAgenda and radio (say, 2.19?) are not in the ROM, right?

Many thanks!

Hi, NTS. Welcome back! It's good to see you again. I'm anxious to try your new masterpiece.:)

A couple of questions:
-Do you (or anybody else?) know if VoIP works with this ROM?
-SmartsKey, TodayAgenda and radio (say, 2.19?) are not in the ROM, right?

Many thanks!

I dont have VoIP but it is in the rom.
SmartsKey, TodayAgenda and radio are not included.

may I assume this is g4 compatible? Sorry, I'm a nub at this and I have to ask. Are most current roms g4 compatible?

This rom should be g4 compatible. Have yet to hear otherwise since i have a g3, but there is no ipl/spl, radio, or ext rom included in the install.

What is in the extended rom??

Whatever was in the Ext Rom you currently have installed. There isnt a special one with this. I just enable the installer to run your ext rom.

arp

Aug 21, 2005
Large Start Menu

Great ROM for me... Thanks.

I have a problem, "Large Start Menu" can´t work...
At previous ROM TNT5 on my Wizard works well... Anybody can help?

Thanks

Jan 5, 2008
Atlanta
WiFi connection problem, X-Button 2, and ActiveSync USB

This ROM is released as is. Hope you like it. Been running it for 3 months now and it’s been highly stable and very fast. It does everything I want it too, and now with Tetris inside, it does more. Have fun and remember, I am only human.

Hey, NTS, really like your rom, its very fast and stable on my wizard. I have three minor questions/issues.

First, I tried upgrading to X-Button 2, and it seems to install properly, but I lose the upper right corner icon to kill programs when it installs. The moment uninstall it X-button 1.5 comes back A-ok. Not a big deal, but what do I need to change in the reg to clear out 1.5?

Second, you have not enabled USB connect for ActiveSync. I enabled this using ActiveSync Mode, and it now seems to work much better. Also this build seems to freeze at soft boot if it is connected via the USB cord to a computer with ActiveSync. Perhaps that is just an activesync issue. Post boot ActiveSync is A-Ok.

My third, and biggest, complaint is that pIE has connection issues over Wifi. I have the T Mobile US $6 internet via WAP proxy. That works great in GPRS/EDGE. However, if I use NoData to kill this GPRS, and then turn on the WiFi, pIE just sits there like a moron. If a create a SECOND connections profile (I called it WiFi No Proxy) and then tell pIE to connect through this, it works great over WiFi, but I manually have to go change it in settings-->Connections. That is a major pain.

Again, i know these may not have anything to do with you, so please don't think I am getting on your ROM, its great! Any help or insight you have is appreciated!

Ixtana_ran

Mar 30, 2006
Stoke-on-Trent
startclean probs.

Hello nottoosmart, startclean does not seem to be doing anything?
Have used in other roms and thought after running it you get a settings list, then it runs on start up. Can not get it to work now though?, have tried .lnk &.exe in windows and also the .exe in program files.
Can anyone confirm it is working on theirs.?
Thanks

:Bump:)

Last edited:

akashastrega

Jun 16, 2006
FRESNO, CA
Hello nottoosmart, startclean does not seem to be doing anything?
Have used in other roms and thought after running it you get a settings list, then it runs on start up. Can not get it to work now though?, have tried .lnk &.exe in windows and also the .exe in program files.
Can anyone confirm it is working on theirs.?
Thanks

:Bump:)

I don't know about a settings list...I always stuck it in my startup folder and let it clean my MRU's on reboot...but then, I use MemMaid 2.x to really clean out my ppc.

EDIT
Perhaps you are thinking about ClearTemp (a similar program)???

Last edited: