[Q] Unable to get past boot screen, TWRP problems.

Search This thread

Phone_BrickerT_T

Feb 1, 2014
Okay, so I was trying to install CM 10.2.1, but I got a missing md5 file error, so it didn't work out. I am using TWRP as my recovery, and naturally I wiped everything before flashing, so I then went into some of the recoveries on my sd card to try to restore from those, unfortunately all attempts at restoring have failed,. My next attempt was trying to use the adb sideload feature of TWRP to try to put a new ROM zip file into it, and try to flash that, but TWRP just hangs at "Starting sideload feature" and never really starts it so I am unable to do that. Any ideas on how to get things working? Also why is TWRP unable to do anything correctly? (TWRP v2.6.31)

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Okay, so I was trying to install CM 10.2.1, but I got a missing md5 file error, so it didn't work out. I am using TWRP as my recovery, and naturally I wiped everything before flashing, so I then went into some of the recoveries on my sd card to try to restore from those, unfortunately all attempts at restoring have failed,. My next attempt was trying to use the adb sideload feature of TWRP to try to put a new ROM zip file into it, and try to flash that, but TWRP just hangs at "Starting sideload feature" and never really starts it so I am unable to do that. Any ideas on how to get things working? Also why is TWRP unable to do anything correctly? (TWRP v2.6.31)

Why don't you just take the SD card out of your phone and then put it into your computer and move the ROM file and gapps file to it that way?? Unless you don't have the SD card adapter.

I was having random problems with TWRP myself and got Philz Touch and now I'm good. Just a thought.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Phone_BrickerT_T

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
TWRP 2.5.0.2 is supposedly the most stable loki recovery for our phone. I would try "downgrading" to that first, If you still have problems with 2.5.0.2 then I would switch to Philz Touch. I had to switch to Philz because TWRP just doesn't like my S4 for some reason. It sucks though, TWRP has a way better UI than CWM.

Reactions: Phone_BrickerT_T

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
TWRP 2.5.0.2 is supposedly the most stable loki recovery for our phone. I would try "downgrading" to that first, If you still have problems with 2.5.0.2 then I would switch to Philz Touch. I had to switch to Philz because TWRP just doesn't like my S4 for some reason. It sucks though, TWRP has a way better UI than CWM.

I agree with you there I rather TWRP. Philz takes some getting used to but m actually really liking it now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I agree with you there I rather TWRP. Philz takes some getting used to but m actually really liking it now.

Why don't you just take the SD card out of your phone and then put it into your computer and move the ROM file and gapps file to it that way?? Unless you don't have the SD card adapter.

I was having random problems with TWRP myself and got Philz Touch and now I'm good. Just a thought.

It's just the little things like there's no real graphic interface, it's just a throwback Windows menu, or the fact that dalvik cache needs to be wiped separately, etc.