[Q] Is my HTC One Soft Bricked?

Search This thread

Shriggly

Apr 6, 2013
Alright Dev's, you guys are my final hope. I have an HTC One that won't boot into its Rom at all, the only thing it boots into is the bootloader. When I look at the info of the bootloader, it says Tampered, Locked (Not Relocked), and Security Warning. I'm trying to flash the RUU, but the phone never gets the Rom flashed to it. I'll always get a Fail, from the RUU. Can someone please help me?

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Alright Dev's, you guys are my final hope. I have an HTC One that won't boot into its Rom at all, the only thing it boots into is the bootloader. When I look at the info of the bootloader, it says Tampered, Locked (Not Relocked), and Security Warning. I'm trying to flash the RUU, but the phone never gets the Rom flashed to it. I'll always get a Fail, from the RUU. Can someone please help me?

S on or s off?

Edit...just read your other thread. There's not an encrypted/signed ruu for that is later/newer than what you have. The only way to fix that is wait for one or go the java card route.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Shriggly

Apr 6, 2013
S on or s off?

Edit...just read your other thread. There's not an encrypted/signed ruu for that is later/newer than what you have. The only way to fix that is wait for one or go the java card route.

It was s-off, but i wrote the secure flag to put it back on s-on.

Shriggly

Apr 6, 2013
S on or s off?

The reason i believed this happened is because before setting my bootloader back to "Locked", and putting back "s-on", i was running santods 3.11.605.1 odexed full rom.

Shriggly

Apr 6, 2013
S on or s off?

Well, no more use for this. The One is now fully hard bricked.. R.I.P. :crying: