Browser issue on more than one ROM?

Search This thread

ShernDog

May 25, 2013
Kansas City
I've tried slimkat stable 6 and cm 11 m8 and I'm getting the same browser error on both ROMs. For each install I formatted every single partition and did a clean install through adb push. I've asked on both forums and nobody has an answer, and this issue prevents me from opening gmail thumbnails or viewing images. I heard it had something to do with SSL? I tried disabling browser, reenabling, clearing data, rebooting etc etc but nothing is working! Could someone please help?
u9eruqub.jpg

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Dont know if I can help much as im not very familiar with cm. But have you tried an alternative browser from the play store? Does it happen on mobile data and wifi?
Id flash the stock firmware via Odin and test there. If it still happens then, its probably not the rom, but more likely to be a network problem.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Im not real sure then....Hopefully someone who knows cm better than me will have some thoughts to share.

I did see another user with a similar problem earlier. I think it was in the AT&T forums. If I find it again ill post the link so you can monitor that thread for help too.