[KERNEL] JAC XMOD OC/UV w/Voodoo and w/Colorfix [CFQ] CWM/Stock/ODIN V1.1 10/02/10

Search This thread

justanothercrowd

Jan 29, 2009
First off a big THANKS to Supercurio for Voodoo. These kernels supports/system/etc/init.d as all my kernels but there is no "pre-flash" needed in this case. Just flash the kernel and your good.

These kernels have been tested by many users for stability. You literally can't optimize a kernel during the compile process anymore than has been done on this kernel, optimized CT-NG 1.8.0 toolchain for the Hummingbird CPU and also optimizations during compilation. :) Almost every user has reported a notable battery life increase some users report amazing battery life compared to the stock Kernel.

~Version 1.1
~Updated OC/UV settings for even better battery life
~More VM tweaks
~S3 bug fixed
~More up/down threshold changes throughout CPU governers
~Tested multiple toolchain and make optimization options unfortunatly the difference in performance between them is very small. Stuck with previous setup.

~Based on the 09/06/10 Samsung Source Drop
" No Super secret lagfix because those don't exist"
~Amazing battery life through optimized UV/CPU tables
~More agressice up/down thresholds throughout CPU governers
~ Extreme OC/UV throughout the entire range but especially the freq's the Hummingbird processor uses the most based on the CPU tables for maximum battery life with a small voltage boost at 1.2 for stablity across more people's CPU's
~Modified CFQ governer is the "default"
~100Mhz, 200Mhz, 400Mhz, 600Mhz, 800Mhz, 1Ghz (OC) 1.2Ghz freq steps (Thanks Ivanmmj/Unhelpful)
~CPU tables optimized for "instant" clock up
~Bug fixes in perf tables (thanks Unhelpful)
~Kernel bulid optimized for cortex-a8/NEON using Level 3 optimizations.
~VFP3 and NEON support..this is available in stock kernels folks :) (but optimization for NEON is not :D )
~All stock CPU gov options available
~These are are included in the stock kernel anyways :) (Performance, Powersave, Conservative, Ondemand, Userspace)
~Interactive CPU gov still has bugs at 100Mhz so it was left out for an experimental branch and stability reasons
~VM tweaks
~CPU sampling rate adjustments for additional performance
~Allow small data to be kept longer in dirty pages
~Reduce volume of data written when write cache is flushed
~Anticipatory, CFQ and Deadline scheduler support (no-op removed due to high latency compared to the other schedulers)
~compiled with Cortex-A8 optimized CT-NG toolchain GCC 4.3.4​

NOTE:For compatibility with all phones this does not automatically OC to 1.2Ghz per Unhelpfuls idea as not everyone can handle 1.2Ghz. Use a user script in the init.d folder with

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
echo 1200000 >/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
or setCPU to OC the Kernel to 1.2Ghz. 9.8MFLOPS is about what these CPU's average in Linpack at this speed. I've had it in the 10's and that may be coming back as another option.

Download the Overclock script here and make sure you put it in the /system/etc/init.d folder (right click and save with no extension for Windows users)

There are are few options to choose from: Regular Kernels with and w/out Colorfix and Voodoo Kernels with and w/out Colorfix

NOTE:Remember to rename Stock recovery updates to "update.zip" in order to flash through stock recovery

Regular Kernels with and w/out Colorfix

NOTE:For now V1.1 does not have a colorfix option due to some time constraints/Computer issues. I will get it posted as soon as I can.

Clockwork Recovery version
Vibrant OC/UV V1.1 CWM Recovery

Vibrant OC/UV CWM Recovery

ODIN Flash Version
Vibrant OC/UV ODIN V1.1

Vibrant OC/UV ODIN

Clockwork Recovery version Colorfix
Vibrant OC/UV ColorFix CWM Recovery

Stock Recovery version Colorfix
Vibrant OC/UV ColorFix Stock Recovery

ODIN Flash Version Colorfix
Vibrant OC/UV ColorFix ODIN

Voodoo Beta 4 Kernels with and w/out Colofix

WARNING If you are one of the Vibrant users with the larger NAND chip and can't get Voodoo to work please hold off until Beta5 which will take care of this issue. IF you want to check if your Vibrant can handle Voodoo beta4 see this Post

Clockwork Recovery version
Voodoo OC/UV Beta4 CWM Recovery V1.1

Voodoo OC/UV Beta4 CWM Recovery

Stock Recovery version
Voodoo OC/UV Beta4 Stock Recovery V1.1

Voodoo OC/UV Beta4 Stock Recovery

Clockwork Recovery version Colorfix
Voodoo OC/UV Colorfix Beta4 CWM Recovery

Stock Recovery version Colorfix
Voodoo OC/UV Colorfix Beta4 Stock Recovery

ODIN Flash Version Colorfix
Voodoo OC/UV Colorfix Beta4 ODIN

Enjoy!

Thanks to Supercurio, Unhelpful, Ivanmmj, Eugene373, and the entire XDA community. Let's keep the positive progress moving.

Last edited:

epakrat75

Aug 11, 2010
Chicago
To be clear, when you say there's no need to "pre-flash"...

You mean init.d doesn't have to be flashed separately / first now, right?

I imagine EXT4 and Voodoo support are there too even though it's not listed?

Last edited:

yvyv

Jun 4, 2008
Atlanta, Ga
Ready to Test.

Is this Kernel compatible with eugene373's(ROM) Frankin-Twiz ?
Any recommendations in the setcpu settings to get the maximun battery benefit ?

Thank you in advanced.

MTC44

Mar 18, 2010
Can I flash this over Franki twiz? I have King's kernel currently with the Ftwiz...but I'd much rather work with JAC.

justanothercrowd

Jan 29, 2009
To be clear, when you say there's no need to "pre-flash"...

You mean init.d doesn't have to be flashed separately / first now, right?

I imagine EXT4 and Voodoo support are there too even though it's not listed?

Exactly no init.d flash needed.

EXT4 support is of course there but Voodoo support is being worked on for beta5 ATM to bring 100% support/stability to T-mobile Android users.

This is something for people who want amazing battery life while waiting for a Voodoo based version of this optimized kernel. Or for those that just don't want to use Voodoo and just an optimized Kernel. (and I mean optimized...toolchain optimized for the CPU and CFLAG Level 3 optimizations as well..you cant "optimize" a kernel any more than this has been.

epakrat75

Aug 11, 2010
Chicago
Downloading now. Do you think this has the ability to replace VooDoo?

My 2 cents...why would it replace Voodoo? It's not a lag fix in and of itself. I asked earlier if it includes Voodoo but even if that's the case, I wouldn't consider it a replacement but rather a complement.

OT: Like your sig. However, I think Chicago's size might have actually something to do with it.

Last edited:

justanothercrowd

Jan 29, 2009
My 2 cents...why would it replace Voodoo? It's not a lag fix in and of itself. I asked earlier if it includes Voodoo but even if that's the case, I wouldn't consider it a replacement but rather a complement.

OT: Like your sig. However, I think Chicago's size might have actually something to do with it.

Correct this is not a replacement for Project Voodoo. This is more of a compliment like the user said above which may be combined with Voodoo beta5 once it is ready for Prime time.

tweezit

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 6, 2010
Louisville
No Samsung still has not released the code for that update. I and a bunch of other users on the forum have sent emails to Samsung to release the code so we can provide you with custom Kernel's for the newer software leaks

Oh ok well it looks like I need to reflash my phone then :D

Seriously thank you for taking time to answer my question as I know your busy doing all the work you do :)

justanothercrowd

Jan 29, 2009
flashed this over King's superfake lagfix'd kernel, will report back

Long time no see defconoi! There is already another version being blind tested with BFQ vs the optimized CFQ setup to see which one comes out one top.

Google apparently did the same thing for Froyo and decided that users experience with BFQ was not superior to CFQ according to user feedback. So I'm trying the same thing myself :)

jdkackley

Aug 5, 2010
Chicago
Correct this is not a replacement for Project Voodoo. This is more of a compliment like the user said above which may be combined with Voodoo beta5 once it is ready for Prime time.

Thanks Guys. That was basically what i was trying to get at.

Jac installed now. Seems super snappy. Im gonna rock it for a few hours and post results. As of right now my battery is sitting at 72. Im going to turn off 3g and see how well it saves battery life. I use overclock widget to set clock speeds with an option of underclocking while screen is off from 400 to 100.

zimphishmonger

Jun 4, 2009
Haha, "no super secret lagfix" made me laugh. I just mentioned that on King's thread about his "Super King Lag fix" :rolleyes:

zimphishmonger

Jun 4, 2009
I'm really not trying to be a **** I could care less about what King does...but misleading end-users is crossing the line. That's why I had to put that there.

I agree 100%, I try not to involve myself in the bashing, but his changelogs really are meaningless, and can be very misleading. All it does is confuse people and cause flame wars, especially when hot button topics like "lag fix" are used. Thanks for your hard work, and for keeping things legitimate & honest. You're the man!:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can anyone help? I flashed the kernel with clockwork and once it was done installing i did a reboot, now im just stuck on the vibrant logo. Ive did a factory restore to get out of the situation, which worked, but i still want to use this kernel.

I would highly recommend not using this anymore. Upgrade to one of the froyo roms and use one of the kernels directly from supercurio which use voodoo 5. Sure you dont have overclocking/undervolting, but some vibrant cpu's cant handle that anyway.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
    Its all up to preference. I just use one of the leaked deodexed roms with no bells and whistles.

like this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=881692&highlight=jl5

There are devs out there like Team whisky and Eugene373 that make some special themed roms and also do edits to improve speed and data throughput

This link goes to team whiskeys nero rom.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=883379

Eugene373 unfortunately moved shop and his roms are not available on xda anymore, but he and barakinflorida have their own website they have them on
    http://eb-productions.net84.net/p1.htm

as for the supercurio kernels http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=870480

you can pretty much use any of them on any froyo rom, some have merits better than others. I'm currently using the JL4 one.