[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 RC0 for Samsung Epic 4G SPH-D700 - Now with WiMAX!

Search This thread

the_dark_knighton

Nov 16, 2009
Carrollton, TX
Is there a setting that I can set to where I take a screen shot, and it shows as a notification on the status bar that will take you to the screen shot in gallery? I saw it on the Galaxy nexus and was a little envious ;)

Sent from my Cyanogenmodded Epic4g! Wanna fight about it?

Speedin07si

Nov 15, 2011
Colonial Heights,VA
Is there a setting that I can set to where I take a screen shot, and it shows as a notification on the status bar that will take you to the screen shot in gallery? I saw it on the Galaxy nexus and was a little envious ;)

Nope.... But it's realy simple to put a Gallery shortcut on a screen and just tap that.

Or you can just set a wipe gesture to go to gallery. But not to the screenshots part...

Sent from my 4G Cyanogen Epic.

Last edited:

RyleyinSTL

May 31, 2011
The Red Brick Mama
Thought I'd see if I'm experiencing this issue...yep!

Check sensor usage in SpareParts - all Android System. Open gallery, monkey about for a minute, close gallery. Turn off screen and check back in 30 minutes. Result - over 30 mins of sensor usage by Gallery. Clearly it has issues.

Going to take a look at QuickPic.

Is this issue (which I admit to knowing nothing about) something solvable by CM7 developers - AKA worth reporting officially?

Yep. Froze Gallery in Titanium, installed QuickPic, no more Sensor battery drain.

HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Phone now seems to be asleep almost entire time screen is off.

For anyone else:
QuickPic on Android Market (Free Gallery Replacement)

presumedsublime

Jun 23, 2011
So anxious for cm9 to get released, sorry had to release. I read earlier about permissions management; I checked it but don't know how to control it. Is there anything else I need to do to adjust the settings or is it preset?

AproSamurai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 4, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
github.com
So anxious for cm9 to get released, sorry had to release. I read earlier about permissions management; I checked it but don't know how to control it. Is there anything else I need to do to adjust the settings or is it preset?

Once you enable the setting you then go into Applications/any tab you want. And go tap an app and go to see all for the permissions. You can disable an App from connecting to the internet, or anything else, it may break app functionality or it may not. It's something you've got to test out.

Reactions: zanderman112

bender beerman

Dec 29, 2010
P-Town

Under: settings> cyanogenmod settings> interface you can select "share screen shots" to get a sharing menu...

BEER!

nativesmiley

Mar 4, 2011
i was looking at the site where you download N27 and saw that there is a N29 for a P920 and want to know if i can flash that on a epic as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CRISIS AVERTED. NIGHTLY-9 IS EXPECTED TO BE SAFE. NORMAL PRECAUTIONS APPLY.

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

THIS IS NOT SAMSUNG TOUCHWIZ AND NEVER WILL BE. DO NOT ASK ABOUT IT. THANK YOU.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

QBKing77 was kind enough to produce a couple of videos about Epic's CM7
    Please note that these were done before WiMAX was released.

How to Install

Review

INSTRUCTIONS:

- First time flashing CM 7 to your Epic (or coming from another ROM)?

1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. WIPE
    4. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM7 or nightly build?

• Do a Nandroid Backup!
    • Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?

• Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    • Pastebin links preferred

The current buglist:

• Native tethering does not work with WiMAX. Enabling either WiFi or USB tether will disconnect WiMAX until tether is turned off. Third-party wifi tethering apps are known to work.
    • WiMAX Toggle Widget is Broken.
      Attempting to use it may cause the notification bar to force-close. You can disable the widget entirely in the CyanogenMod Settings menu.
      WiMAX can be managed through the Wireless & Networks system setting screen.
      NOTE: There is a third-party WiMAX Toggle Widget on the Android Market. It is not free, but has been reported to work on NS4G. Work toward implementing a functioning native toggle widget is ongoing.

New Changes:

• WiMAX (uberpinguin, mkasick, wispoffates)
    • Fixed camcorder media profiles for smoother recording and better auto white balance. Also adds "HD" profile. (Decad3nce)
    • Torch toggle button in PowerWidget (noobnl)
    • New WiFi driver from Aries kernel. Fixes native WiFi Hotspot and toggle button.

Download Links

NIGHTLIES. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.

md5sum: ddb0c474d8fbf2e8711938b903f7ce0b update-cm7.2.0-RC0-Epic-WiMAX-signed.zip

• Mirror 0 courtesy of Rodderik in irc.irondust.net/#epic.
    • Mirror 1 courtesy of bonsaikitten and dev.gentooexperimental.org.
    • Mirror 2 courtesy of Hydr0p0nX from irc.irondust.net/#epic.
    • Mirror 3 courtesy of Facebonez in irc.irondust.net/#epic.
    • Mirror 4 courtesy of likewhoa in irc.freenode.net/#gentoo-chat

GAPPS
    Download google applications

Google Talk with video addon
    Mirror: link
    Mirror: link

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

Changes:

• Fixed brightness control (noobnl)
    • WiFi Hotspot (decad3nce, noobnl, uberpinguin)
    • Fixed bad cached download mounts (noobnl)
    • Fixed overlay for video encoding/decoding (decad3nce & noobnl)
    • Fixed e911(mkasick)
    • Fixed most of the dhcpd clusterfuck(a couple more issues left)
    • Fixed init.d
    • Fixed cache errors
    • Fixed issues with logwrapper
    • MTD/yaffs2
    • Stage1/Stage2 inits
    • Updates from upstream
    • Backup/Restore fixed
    • Updated prebuilt modules
    • Compiled kernel from source MAJOR THANKS to mkasick and Rodderik
    • Fixed torch overlay
    • Fixed MMS overlay
    • Fixed incoming call routing
    • Fixed mic feedback/whistling
    • Adjusted APN for MMS - receiving works, sending fixed
    • Fixed application notification LED based on a tip from DRockstar
    • Fixed haptic feedback with a patch from jt1134

I recommend using the EI22 modem.
    Please note flashing someone else's kernel may ruin your experience with this rom and I advise against it. This rom is a result of many tiring hours from Decad3nce, noobnl, jt1134, Uberpinguin, nubecoder, mkasick, nullghost, dameon78, wispofattes, DRockstar, and many many other contributors.
    We're slowly closing in on, well, a cold and sweetly decadent dessert for all to enjoy.

So I'd like to take this opportunity to show off the idea by warren of a blog dedicated to the development process of CM for Epic

The blag can be found here: http://epiccm.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to abuse this centralized information hub directly from the group.
    I just want it to work. Not asking to get married for gods sake. If I have to drop down to 16bit textures, then this rom is total POS. This can do 70 million triangles a seconds! Ain't no effin way am I dropping down the beauty of the samoled screen just to make it scroll as good as eclair. No thxs. Bai.

Id rather buy a iphone before I drop down to 16bit.

thnx dis p0st if u cry evry tim.
    I will be here in a few minutes to clean this thread up.

There is an off topic lounge for chit chat if you want, but it doesn't belong in a development thread. That's the point of a DEVELOPMENT thread. If it's not pertaining to this rom, then don't post. If you need help finding the off topic lounge, I'll be glad to point you there.

Consider this a fair warning from this post on.

Thank you ;)

---Jay---
    Thread cleaned of the off-topic posts from the last few days.

Please keep it that way and don't make me be a jerk. I don't like it. :cool: