[Q] Notification Light 5 min duration?

Search This thread

KoolKidd_23

Sep 3, 2012
Is there an app or mod that will make the notification light blink for more than 5 min? Or does installing a rom fix that?

shortstuff_mt

Apr 24, 2010
Is there an app or mod that will make the notification light blink for more than 5 min? Or does installing a rom fix that?

I have edited the /system/customize/ACC/default.xml file before to disable the 5 minute timeout. I believe you change the value of NMS_feature_led_flash_timeout from 5 to 0. Try it and let us know how it works.

KoolKidd_23

Sep 3, 2012
Ok thanks, it won't let me do it right now and I'm sure it's because I'm not rooted yet. I'll root and let you know

KoolKidd_23

Sep 3, 2012
I have edited the /system/customize/ACC/default.xml file before to disable the 5 minute timeout. I believe you change the value of NMS_feature_led_flash_timeout from 5 to 0. Try it and let us know how it works.
Ok thanks, it won't let me do it right now and I'm sure it's because I'm not rooted yet. I'll root and let you know

robocuff

Jul 23, 2011

I've been looking for the answer to this since I bought this phone. Shortly after it was released. Asked and searched but never got or found an answer. Tried this and it worked. Thanks a bunch. :good: :)

Reactions: KoolKidd_23

KoolKidd_23

Sep 3, 2012
I've been looking for the answer to this since I bought this phone. Shortly after it was released. Asked and searched but never got or found an answer. Tried this and it worked. Thanks a bunch. :good: :)

Which file manager did you use? I'm trying to do it but I'm either getting an error or permission denied

robocuff

Jul 23, 2011
Which file manager did you use? I'm trying to do it but I'm either getting an error or permission denied

Root Explorer. Have to set it to R/W before doing the edit. It may be that the system is mounted as read only in the app you're using. You may have to change it in the settings of the app you're using. In Root Explorer, there's a small button. Upper right side of the screen while viewing the folders. If the system is mounted R/O, it'll say "mount R/W". Press on it and then do the edit.

You do have to be rooted for it to work though.

Last edited:

KoolKidd_23

Sep 3, 2012
Root Explorer. Have to set it to R/W before doing the edit. It may be that the system is mounted as read only in the app you're using. You may have to change it in the settings of the app you're using. In Root Explorer, there's a small button. Upper right side of the screen while viewing the folders. If the system is mounted R/O, it'll say "mount R/W". Press on it and then do the edit.

You do have to be rooted for it to work though.

Ok I just did it and it made a back up xml file, just delete the original and it should work I assume?

robocuff

Jul 23, 2011
No need to delete anything. You can delete the backup if you want though. It's up to you.

robocuff

Jul 23, 2011
Are you rooted? If so, check your superuser app to see if Root Explorer has root permissions. Also, if it's still set to 5 when you reboot, is the backup file there or not? If not, it sounds like a root problem of some sort to me.

KoolKidd_23

Sep 3, 2012
It should look like this before I edit correct? And yea I'm rooted

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1403064485162.jpg
    1403064485162.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 39

robocuff

Jul 23, 2011
Yes. But, you need to click on that button that says mount r/w before you do the edit. If you do that and it still doesn't work, something isn't right with your root.

Are you permanently rooted or are you using weak sauce for root? If the latter, the changes won't stick if you do a normal reboot. Rebooting is necessary for the setting to take effect. With weak sauce, you have to do a hot reboot for things to stick. Things will only stick if you do a hot reboot. A normal reboot will result in your change or changes reverting back to the original meaning you'll have to do it over again. It'll work as long as you only hot reboot. If you're using weak sauce for root, you really should consider getting permanently rooted.

KoolKidd_23

Sep 3, 2012
Ahhhh ok makes sense. Yea I'm only weak sauce rooted so I'll get it permanently rooted then

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

dmrnhs

Oct 30, 2009
I'm pretty sure I have it mounted correctly but I can't edit the file. What am I doing wrong. I'm using root Explorer and it's mounted r/w

dmrnhs

Oct 30, 2009
I have that. I'm running CleanRom. Do we have to enable certain permissions? I've followed all these steps. I not new to rooting and tweaks like this but then again I'm no expert

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.