Install International ROMs on T-Mobile/Canadian Galaxy S5!

Search This thread

thebluecoat

Aug 7, 2009
When you say you have to put the APN in, are you referring these settings that I would need to manually enter after (Are these the correct T-Mobile APN settings)? I just want to make sure there isn't something I need to do BEFORE I try flashing a international ROM. Thanks!

Name: T-MOBILE
APN: epc.tmobile.com but you it’s an LTE Device, use: fast.tmobile.com instead
Proxy: <Leave in Blank>
Port: <Leave in Blank>
Username: <Leave in Blank>
Password: <Leave in Blank>
Server: <Leave in Blank>
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: <Leave in Blank>
MMS port: <Leave in Blank>
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type: <Leave in Blank>
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN Protocol: Leave it to the Default one

Hey, i work for tmo so I just want to do a little correction if
I may, don't mean to be rude. The apn has has to be fast.t-mobile.com if you leave out the hyphen the data won't turn on.

Good luck!

Reactions: codee

fknfocused

May 24, 2007
Las Vegas
Here is my settings. Got 70Mb download the other day. Screenshot of speed was when I was on Alliance Int version.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1400118778407.jpg
    1400118778407.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 341
  • 1400118791834.jpg
    1400118791834.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 337
  • 1400118804763.jpg
    1400118804763.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 324

sfin54

Jun 20, 2011
West Palm Beach
New Int'l Modem

Has anyone tried the new Int'l "NE2" modem that is out?

I'm have run most of the Int'l ROMS without issues(currently Phoneix 1.2), but have been hesitant to install the new "NE2" modem.
Anyone have success with it on TMO USA?

Thank you,
sfin54

evodon84

Aug 7, 2010
San Diego
Has anyone tried the new Int'l "NE2" modem that is out?

I'm have run most of the Int'l ROMS without issues(currently Phoneix 1.2), but have been hesitant to install the new "NE2" modem.
Anyone have success with it on TMO USA?

Thank you,
sfin54

Yes, running X-Note 2.0 which is based on NE2, data working fine out of the box. Did not wipe phone. Was running X-Note 1.1 prior to that.

evodon84

Aug 7, 2010
San Diego
But did you actually update the Modem? Or just install the "new" NE2 ROM?

I have tried the the NE2 ROMS that work fine, but have not installed the new modem.

Thank you for your input!

I did not install a modem. Solo, the OP from X-Note mentioned the rom keeps your modem, it is not flashing a new one.

sfin54

Jun 20, 2011
West Palm Beach
Yes, running X-Note 2.0 which is based on NE2, data working fine out of the box. Did not wipe phone. Was running X-Note 1.1 prior to that.

I did not install a modem. Solo, the OP from X-Note mentioned the rom keeps your modem, it is not flashing a new one.

Thank you.

That is what I've done.
The new modem seems to have some good features. Just don't want to ODIN again....
Anyone install it...?

Reactions: evodon84

rfb813

May 15, 2012
Winter Garden, FL
Indies new Omega 3.1 NE2 Rom has a 900T option now which does not wipe the internal sd, so no need to change the updater script. Works very well. XtreStroLite which is not deodexed also has the 900T option. Very nice and smooth. I use it as my daily. For us ATT users these are great.

Reactions: calvin35

initialdwiko

Oct 15, 2013
Does this rom have the option for Chinese language? My wife wants it to be chinese. Been searching on Google but can't find the answer. I am thinking since it is international rom it should?

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Master619

Dec 11, 2010
Ho Chi Minh City
Bum on this, wondering if I can use Odin to flash stock international (G900F) firmwares on the G900T variant? I've heard that it will mess up baseband / radio and other things....
I want stock G900F to get rid of all the bloatwares on the G900T.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know many of you are waiting for T-Mobile S5 custom ROMs.

Well, just like the Galaxy S4, you can also install international S5 custom ROMs on the T-Mobile/Canadian Galaxy S5 as they share the same hardware. This means you have a ton more custom ROMs you can install, also get Wifi Tether working out of the box on international ROMs. (Wifi Calling will be gone of course as international ROMs don't have that feature)

I just installed Alliance ROM for SM-G900F on my T-Mo S5, works flawless 100%, here's a video demo of it running:

I know this isn't a common knowledge for many noobs out there so I thought I would share and opens you up to a whole new world of custom ROMing.
    Disclaimer, flashing an international rom on the tmo variant, will wipe your internal SD even if you choose not to.
    i had alliance for a couple and it works fine but some of the new roms give you option for kernels...
    can we also install different kernels?

thanks

I have flashed a couple of the International Kernels and have not had any issues.
    It's good to know... Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Disclaimer, flashing an international rom on the tmo variant, will wipe your internal SD even if you choose not to.
    '

That is true for MOST International ROMS - but it doens't happen on XNOTE - and I learned there is a way to modify the updater-script so that it won't delete.

Just extract the Updater-script - open it in notepad - remove this phrase: mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p25", "/preload");
    delete_recursive("/preload")) and then save it as a script again. put it back into the Meta-Inf folder, replacing the original and you are good to go.

I have modified the Omega Rom and few others and successfully flashed without wiping SD Card.

Having said all of that - one of the reasons I was flashing Interenational roms was because there weren't any TMOBILE ROMS - now we have this ROM and it is quite good - but if you have the flashing urge - you can try those steps and it should work for you .....

Good luck...hope this is useful....