[Icon Set] AppTile & AppIcons for Advanced Config [Collection Thread]

Search This thread

drkfngthdragnlrd

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2008
Palmdale, CA
www.facebook.com
My colletion of AppIcons & AppTiles for replacing the icons with Advanced Config by Julien Schaps.

Added new Glass Icons & Some more Icons to the non Glass version.

Instructions;
Download & Install Advanced Configuration Tool for Windows Phone 7 Beta from above link. Download is near the middle of the page above the comments & advertisement.
Copy the AppTile_*.png & AppIcon_*.png's to \Windows of the device using Windows Phone Device Manager or the USB Hack/TouchXplorer/Advance Explorer methods.
Open Advanced Config Tool & change to Tile & Icons tab.
Select desired app/hub & then select the desire AppTile & AppIcon png's. (Some Hubs/App are currently disabled in the Advanced Config tool because they have Live Tiles & changing those Tile images will cancel out the Live Tile Functionality.)
Select Change, then OK to confirm changes.
There's a second pop up asking you to restart to make changes, click OK if done, Cancel if you want to change more icons.

NOTE: According to the developer of Advanced Configuration Tool, schaps, it works with HTC & LG devices for change icons. The tool also has some support for Samsung devices, but NOT Icon changing. Please report any problems about it not working to the developer. This thread is just a collection thread for icons. I can't help getting it working.

DONATIONS:
FlowerPotmen = $10.00 ($5.00 x 2)

Not exactly an XDA thing or on topic, but found an interesting Windows tweak for Media Center. I've always hated how if you mute Media Center, it mutes the system volume so you can't play music/youtube/etc in the background really. Well I found an app/shortcut "hack" that'll allow this. Download Media Center Mute & follow the instructions included. The just click the shortcut to mute/unmute Media center without effecting the system volume.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 2,638
  • Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 3,854
  • Icons.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,911
Last edited:

magistrala669

Jan 9, 2011
i have a question. i went to touchxperience site download a bunch of files. all were compressed . cab files. Wanted to use advanced config tool so i could change some icons but honestly i do not know how to install the thing let alone use it.
so i would appreciate some help getting this up and running.

using omnia 7

edit: nevermind, did some digging, it is htc only atm and xaps were available as stated below.

Last edited:

drkfngthdragnlrd

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2008
Palmdale, CA
www.facebook.com
Very pretty! you are going to you do other..?
:)

I am going to be doing more as time goes on. I also made a glass over lay for the tile, just need to figure out how to customize the tiles first.

i have a question. i went to touchxperience site download a bunch of files. all were compressed . cab files. Wanted to use advanced config tool so i could change some icons but honestly i do not know how to install the thing let alone use it.
so i would appreciate some help getting this up and running.

using omnia 7

DOWNLOAD LINK

The site has both WM 6.5 CAB files & WP7 XAP files. You want the XAP files, he makes apps for both OS'es. You need your device Unlocked & Tom XAP Installer v1.2 to side load the app. There are quite a few thread here on XDA that have instructions to Unlock your device.

Hi Very nice is there any reason why you made the tiles 200x200 the default size for live tiles is 173x173

No reason, I just didn't know the specific size & figured 200 x 200 should be big enough & would be scaled down.

Can i upload my custom icons here too? Or should we open a collection thread?

Be my guest to unload yours here. I'll change the title to "Collection Thread".

TomaHawk93

Feb 22, 2011
3 icons in metro style

These are my first icons, in metro style :D
Special made for:
Ascii Art SMS
DeBrander (Homebrew)
RemoveSideloadLimit (Homebrew)
I know they are not the greatest, but maybe you guys will like them :D

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 900
  • icons.zip
    49.2 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: drkfngthdragnlrd

TomaHawk93

Feb 22, 2011
just put them in the windows folder of your mobile (for example with the windows phone device manager) and apply them with the new advanced config tool.
@drkfngthdragnlrd Maybe you can put this in the first post :D

Reactions: lingdot

tchitchicruise

Mar 19, 2008
France
Thx very much for your icons pack!
Have you an idea to find app Phone to change this to AppTile_phone.png
I can find with advanced tools 1.2..?
:-(

Last edited:

colossus_r

Feb 10, 2007
Huawei P40 Pro
Thx very much for your icons pack!
Have you an idea to find app Phone to change this to AppTile_phone.png
I can find with advanced tools 1.2..?
:-(

The answer from drkfngthdragnlrd is correct ...for now they are disable...
I made some of them because this will change in next versions...
For the time all the live tiles app its good practice to not change the tile picture...

DatDereX1

Mar 4, 2009
That's your opinion, personally i don't like the simplistic look. I like eye candy, which is why i release them for other who like eye candy. Instead of criticizing my work, why not make your own & post them here.

My idea of what WP7 should of looked like (Photoshopped, not real);

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/drkfngthdragnlrd/Capture.png?t=1304205182[/IMG[/QUOTE]
It's a fact that your design goes against the metro theme. There's a reason why MS didn't make anything look like that.

my opinion is that metro is better but it's good that you're making them for those of you who don't like metro and want eye candy. It does look good though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My colletion of AppIcons & AppTiles for replacing the icons with Advanced Config by Julien Schaps.

Added new Glass Icons & Some more Icons to the non Glass version.

Instructions;
    Download & Install Advanced Configuration Tool for Windows Phone 7 Beta from above link. Download is near the middle of the page above the comments & advertisement.
    Copy the AppTile_*.png & AppIcon_*.png's to \Windows of the device using Windows Phone Device Manager or the USB Hack/TouchXplorer/Advance Explorer methods.
    Open Advanced Config Tool & change to Tile & Icons tab.
    Select desired app/hub & then select the desire AppTile & AppIcon png's. (Some Hubs/App are currently disabled in the Advanced Config tool because they have Live Tiles & changing those Tile images will cancel out the Live Tile Functionality.)
    Select Change, then OK to confirm changes.
    There's a second pop up asking you to restart to make changes, click OK if done, Cancel if you want to change more icons.

NOTE: According to the developer of Advanced Configuration Tool, schaps, it works with HTC & LG devices for change icons. The tool also has some support for Samsung devices, but NOT Icon changing. Please report any problems about it not working to the developer. This thread is just a collection thread for icons. I can't help getting it working.

DONATIONS:
    FlowerPotmen = $10.00 ($5.00 x 2)

Not exactly an XDA thing or on topic, but found an interesting Windows tweak for Media Center. I've always hated how if you mute Media Center, it mutes the system volume so you can't play music/youtube/etc in the background really. Well I found an app/shortcut "hack" that'll allow this. Download Media Center Mute & follow the instructions included. The just click the shortcut to mute/unmute Media center without effecting the system volume.
    Ok... No new thread

Sinse we can make this a Collection thread then ...
    This is the first set of the icons that i will make for use in tiles.

screen-1.jpg

If i find some time i will make another set...if you want any specific one
    please let ne know..
    Icons in OP updated, some new Icons & a new Glass version set.
    Troubles with my Zip software, but maybe it will post anyway... 1st Batch of Glass Ti

Here they are, if my zip-ware actually compressed them, I didn't really check the compression, but it seemed minimal... (a bit too fast)... Check them out guys, and if you know of something needing to come out, please let me know...

-Siggy
    Can i upload my custom icons here too? Or should we open a collection thread?