Galaxy nexus micro sim slot?

Search This thread

dvice19

Sep 28, 2008
Can someone tell me for certain (someone who has the phone or has opened one up), tell me if the Galaxy Nexus has a micro sim slot or not? I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere...

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
Just look at the instructional videos straight from google. It does not have a micro SIM. It has a standard (what we think of as standard is actually "Mini") SIM.

Remember though, you can put a micro SIM in a mini SIM slot. You just need a small plastic adapter to make it seat properly.

Reactions: dvice19

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Can someone tell me for certain (someone who has the phone or has opened one up), tell me if the Galaxy Nexus has a micro sim slot or not? I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere...
The Galaxy Nexus definitely takes a normal sim card. The confusion may have arisen over phones4u sending out micro sim cards with new orders but this was a mistake and a standard sim card is the only one that will work in there.

Mark.

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
The Galaxy Nexus definitely takes a normal sim card. The confusion may have arisen over phones4u sending out micro sim cards with new orders but this was a mistake and a standard sim card is the only one that will work in there.

Mark.

Well like I said above, a micro SIM will work if you use an adapter. The adapters allow you to slot a micro SIM into them and provide extra plastic around them to be the size of a mini SIM.

The slot in the phone is most definitely a standard SIM slot though.

el3ctrik

Aug 2, 2011
Manchester
Just look at the instructional videos straight from google. It does not have a micro SIM. It has a standard (what we think of as standard is actually "Mini") SIM.

Remember though, you can put a micro SIM in a mini SIM slot. You just need a small plastic adapter to make it seat properly.

Not entirely true, it is possible to balance/wedge the microsim on the contacts and have a working phone ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Well like I said above, a micro SIM will work if you use an adapter. The adapters allow you to slot a micro SIM into them and provide extra plastic around them to be the size of a mini SIM.

Well that would have been ok then IF an adapter had been supplied with the micro sim but as it wasnt then its totally useless lol.

Mark.

Yes I agree that wedging random things in sim slot is bad idea, however....

If you happened to be like me and have tons of random mobile crap or sim leftover items like the cards that are credit card sized which house the original micro-sim often, then some of them have an actual cutout of a larger sim original size sim to be more clear which is popped out then the micro-sim is popped out of that piece. It's a backup/cheap way I figured for companies at one time to make sims and ship them out in one pack/card then when the user gets their phone and they match up what sim size they need they have both options....or I could be very wrong who knows.

Any ways, my point is simply that one of those leftover housings of a original size sim that you might have popped out a micro-sim from for another phone can come in handy as all you do is simply place your current micro-sim in the gap where another one used to be and it kind of even snaps into place then you have a bootleg like adapter for micro to original size sim. I don't know it worked me on my i9250 gsm world nexus and verizon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No, normal SIM.

Mark.

Mark.