[Q] P880 4.0.3 to 4.4 How? Newbie here

Search This thread

kuodo20

Jan 12, 2014
Hi,

I'm a complete newbie to this stuff.. I bought my LG Optimus 4x HD P880 here in the Philippines about a year ago. I still got the stock 4.0.3 ICS.

Now I heard great things about KitKat.. I wanted to try it. When I tried to search, I came across these terms that I did not understand completely..
"CWM11 ? or CM11?"
"Flashing"
"ROM"

Basically, I wanted to try this one:
CyanFox ROM

I'm not very sure though, but if anyone could link me or teach me how to get started.. really appreciate that.

thank you so much advance,
Kuodo

donkanmcklaus

Jan 9, 2013
Santiago
Hi,

I'm a complete newbie to this stuff.. I bought my LG Optimus 4x HD P880 here in the Philippines about a year ago. I still got the stock 4.0.3 ICS.

Now I heard great things about KitKat.. I wanted to try it. When I tried to search, I came across these terms that I did not understand completely..
"CWM11 ? or CM11?"
"Flashing"
"ROM"

CyanFox ROM

I'm not very sure though, but if anyone could link me or teach me how to get started.. really appreciate that.

Kuodo

ohh dude, you have a lot of info to read about it.... first that all you have to flash V20 Euro Open KDZ to can unlock the bootloader, then you have to root and flash CWM recovery 6.0.4.5, then you can flash cyanfox using the recovery to do that

in this post you can find a tool to do almost everything that i talked above http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2230934

Reactions: kuodo20

dimi89

Mar 7, 2009
Xiaomi Mi Note 3
You have all tutoriala you need here on xda but let me make little easyer for you.Firat plug your lg to PC install driver via lg software updater then update to 4.1.2 jb.Then root your device then unlock bootloader then download via market rom manager and install CWM.After that download rom you want and flash it.For every step i described you have detailed tutorial on xda you just need to google it.Step by step and you will make it.I think this is the moust help you will get with your question since it was 5646373829 times asked and people are sick of it.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

kuodo20

Jan 12, 2014
Thanks.. ill do that..

*EDIT* I was able to upgrade to JB 4.1.2 and root it. My problem now is how to unlock bootloader. I have ESA-XXXX and that 'all in one tool' said that it only works on EUR-XXXX.. Im kinda stuck.

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

kuodo20

Jan 12, 2014
Okay.. I got rom manager now and downloaded CyanFox ROM and GAPPS..

If Hidden Menu says Bootloader Unlocked, that means it is unlocked right?

Because when I tried to Flash CyanFox ROM, it says 'cannot open file'

Here's what I got from report.log

- Installing: /sdcard/Download/CyanFox2.0.2/CyanFox-2.0.2-p880.zip
Finding update package...
I:Update location: /data/media/Download/CyanFox2.0.2/CyanFox-2.0.2-p880.zip
Opening update package...
minzip: Missed a central dir sig (at 0)
E:Can't open /data/media/Download/CyanFox2.0.2/CyanFox-2.0.2-p880.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.
result was NULL, message is: assert failed: install_zip("/sdcard/Download/CyanFox2.0.2/CyanFox-2.0.2-p880.zip")
I:using /data/media for /sdcard.

Last edited:

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
Can you open the zip file on your computer? Sounds like a bad download or maybe wrong CWM version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have all tutoriala you need here on xda but let me make little easyer for you.Firat plug your lg to PC install driver via lg software updater then update to 4.1.2 jb.Then root your device then unlock bootloader then download via market rom manager and install CWM.After that download rom you want and flash it.For every step i described you have detailed tutorial on xda you just need to google it.Step by step and you will make it.I think this is the moust help you will get with your question since it was 5646373829 times asked and people are sick of it.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk
    Hi,

"CWM11 ? or CM11?"
    "Flashing"
    "ROM"

CyanFox ROM

Kuodo

ohh dude, you have a lot of info to read about it.... first that all you have to flash V20 Euro Open KDZ to can unlock the bootloader, then you have to root and flash CWM recovery 6.0.4.5, then you can flash cyanfox using the recovery to do that

in this post you can find a tool to do almost everything that i talked above http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2230934