My Battery Won't Charge @ All

Search This thread

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
So Yesterday I put my phone on the charger and noticed after 2 hours it stayed at 5%. And though just to restart the device, however that didn't work. So at 3 am in the morning I turned it off and threw it on the charger over night woke up to find its at 1% as I type this now.

Is it my battery that's done for or my Note 3 HW?

pyjyhe2a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
So Yesterday I put my phone on the charger and noticed after 2 hours it stayed at 5%. And though just to restart the device, however that didn't work. So at 3 am in the morning I turned it off and threw it on the charger over night woke up to find its at 1% as I type this now.

pyjyhe2a.jpg

try new cable and charger base. If neither work, call for replacement.

Reactions: deeznutz1977

djrysk

Jul 28, 2010
It's probably the usb cable, mine went out a month ago, same thing happened to me it wouldn't charge tried another cable battery charged without any issues. So more than likely the cable is bad.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Well I ordered two new anker batteries along with the external charger, and that but that's my problem nothing wrong with a charger or USB cable. My battery just simply would not charge it could not hold one anymore, I literally put it on the charger the entire night and the phone stayed at 5 percent and then as soon as I started do anything on my phone it literally shut my phone off while on the charger during a text message.

I guess it just died.

jazzmachine

Jan 9, 2013
Chicago
This same thing pretty much happened to me. Actually exactly the same thing... including the extra Anker batteries and charger as well as testing different cords. I ended up ordering a wireless charging kit, and now all is well. I've been using it with one of the Anker batteries. I ordered the Koolpad charger and the white slim wireless chip off of Amazon. It charges through my Seidio case, and I put velcro onto the charger and the back of the case so that I could easily use it while charging. The wireless charging kit cost about $40 on Amazon (I imagine pretty close to what a new official Sammy charger and cable would cost) and the Koolpad charger came with a black and a white micro USB (not USB 3 but still...) port cover, which I thought was a nice touch.

No guarantee that this would work for you, of course, but it did for me fortunately. If it didn't I would have taken it back to the store (after re-flashing the stock ROM, which may have solved the problem on it's own). Oh yeah, not really sure if this is actually related / possible but I did theorize that the problem may have been kernel related. I had actually been following the wireless charging thread anyways, but if I wasn't already considering spending money on that, the first thing I would have tried would have been a clean install of everything. I was testing out different kernels with Tweaked ROM and the problem started around a new kernel flash, but really can't say if that's related because I was unimpressed with that kernel overall and flashed one that ran better on my phone around the time that the wireless charger showed up (got one day shipping w/ Amazon Prime because shutting down my phone to rotate batteries got old quick, as I'm sure you'll agree). Anyways, good luck. There's lots of good info in that wireless charging thread, if you decide to go that route.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

pyjyhe2a.jpg

try new cable and charger base. If neither work, call for replacement.