Good alternative to DSP Manager for stock rooted?

Search This thread

Amin Sabet

Aug 27, 2010
Boston, MA
I go back and forth between AOSP and CleanROM, and the think I miss the most with the stock based CleanROM is DSP Manager. I've seen lots of posts and threads for DSP Manager versions that supposedly work with stock, but when I install them they either run smoothly but don't affect audio or they force close repeatedly.

With AOSP, I install Basic Kernel and have unofficial Voodoo Sound plus DSP Manager :good:. Is there any way for me to get sound comparable to that on stock-based ROMs?

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
If you are using solely power amp you are really missing out.

And as far as the beats add on goes, that is also an add on in acid mod. Really should check it out guys, boosts audio quality by a lot.

No I'm not. I have great headphones and Poweramp makes them incredible. I don't need those silly extra mods. Not needed for me

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

kimdoocheol

Jan 9, 2012
No I'm not. I have great headphones and Poweramp makes them incredible. I don't need those silly extra mods. Not needed for me

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

OK, says the guy who has never tried it yet is knocking it.
- Xperia V Walkman player
- Xperia T lib files
- Updated and new lib files
- new and beautiful equalizer app(with wideget)see screenshots
- JellyBean rom support
- Optimized for Walkman and N7 player(like my beats version 5)
- Deep and clear bass effect
- More drums
- sound volume increased
- Crisper sound on hedset
- Re added awesome beats
- SRS
- Brand new soundfiles (from Xperia V, HTC Endehavor U, Xperia T)
- Bass less noisy but really clearer and deeper (new srsfx and beatsbass)
- More build.prop tweaks
- Sound really amazing on n7 player
- XLOUD WORKING 100% ON ALL PHONE
- BAVIA ENGINE PORT from Xperia T (test release) (better picture and video quality)
- BT headset soundtweaks to fully activate soundmod
- NEW BEATS ENGINE! from HTC Endehavor U!
- Updated Xloud Bravia Clearbass etc with Xperia T frameworks and libs (deodexed to get working on all phone)
- NEW! Dynamic Bass from Walkman Z now 100% working (way more powerfull bass!)
- cleaned all crappy and useless files from my MOD (some tegra optimised files wich was not working, and some "private" files)
- ALSA now fully working (I made my own tweaks and changed all setting added MSM8960 support to alsa, corrected some corrupted files)
- Bass are really incredible!!!
- Audio resampling from Sony Xperia T
- Xperia V Walkman player
- Sony optimised Alsa(working fine)
- Walkman Z Dynmamic Bass
- Xloud Engine
- Bravia Engine from Xperia T
- New lib files
- Improved Beats Audio Effect
- Louder, Clearer vocals in the background
- Maximum Audio Re-sampling
- more loud
- Increased volume
- Cristal clearer sound on speaker
- Improved compatibility between clearbass and beats
- Working with walkman(no bugs)DEDICATED TO ALL WALKMAN LOVERS
- ALSA
- Overall better sound quality for an awesome music experience
- Removed some unwanted stuffs
- Xloud support for non stock ROM
- HTC xl full port
- AC!D audio engine Notification app
i'll take those + poweramp any day over poweramp alone.

ezas

Jan 14, 2011
Less music processing is good music processing. I've tried most of the available audio mods (but not on this phone yet) and the difference is not much unless you use/like the effects. Most of the mods use tricks like enabling compression to make it sound 'better'. The EQ presets are a joke. An EQ curve should not have all the adjusted frequencies boosted. The right way is to drop 2 bands rather than boost six of them. And freq's boosted 10-12db? If you have even decent phones (say $40) and you need more than a couple of freq's adjusted a few db (6 max) than SQ has a different meaning to you than people who enjoy accurate sound reproduction.

But it's your ears, do what sounds good to you. That's the cool thing about music. You only have to satisfy yourself.

This is not directed at any one person even though i used the word 'you'. I'm just kind of annoyed with the hyperbole around these sound mods.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts