[ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM] Nexus 7 Vanilla RootBox 4.2 [8/2][HALO][PER-APP-DPI][PIE]

Search This thread

annoyingduck

Aug 15, 2012
Boston, MA Area
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM] Nexus7 Vanilla RootBox 3.7.1[2/16][Nightlies][Per-App-DPI][

Wow........ I will compare that to the driver in the left lane going the under the speed limit with a line of drivers behind him, completly unaware of how wrong they are... Again, wow....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: peneoark

mkhtfld76

Mar 1, 2012
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM] Nexus7 Vanilla RootBox 3.7.1[2/16][Nightlies][Per-App-DPI][

Not cool...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

jamm513

Feb 18, 2011
Around The World
i don't see the problem m8s, he just build from source, everything is good on his build, because is from bajee source, he post a image begin the build, and was wrong share? if share is wrong why we are here? if the people read and see are not going to confuse.

Last edited:

bajee11

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2012
Montreal

i don't see the problem m8s, he just build from source, everything is good on his build, because is from bajee source, he post a image begin the build, and was wrong share? if share is wrong why we are here? if the people read and see are not going to confuse.

I never said it was wrong. I told him to Share it in a separate thread. He's not even arguing about it, why are you? I don't want this in my thread, because I only build when I know I've merged everything for grouper so you guys could have all the features.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Cliniclyinsane

Feb 1, 2013

I never said it was wrong. I told him to Share it in a separate thread. He's not even arguing about it, why are you? I don't want this in my thread, because I only build when I know I've merged everything for grouper so you guys could have all the features.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I only want your builds bajee!

Rootbox/m-kernel

mkhtfld76

Mar 1, 2012

Just think he should make his own thread. I wasn't really paying attention and I flashed his build. Worked fine. But I felt misled. No big deal but he should just post his build on his own thread.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: Cliniclyinsane

ricardowec

I couldn't disagree more.

This is not an open thread. This has an OP who is the sole person entitled to post his development. ( read the XDA forum rules ).

I tend to believe that the person who posted HIS build, did so in good faith, but ignoring said r rules and respect for the thread owner.

Cheers

Sent from The Beast using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Reactions: mkhtfld76

CamFlawless

Oct 5, 2012
Atlanta

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for this great ROM. I just got my N7, but things are flawless so far. :D:thumbup:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

picture.php

picture.php
    picture.php

picture.php
    picture.php

Description

Vanilla RootBox is built straight from RootBox sources and always carries a very light installation with no extra/useless apps. This means, you can enjoy a pure Android experience combined with AOKP/CM features and some CM cherry-picks. Keep in mind Jelly Bean is only at the beginning stage of development and there will be minor bugs. Every RootBox releases are stable and always up to the challenge for a daily usage. I personally have a high standard when it comes to releases and this is why this project always meets the expectations of users. If you're wondering how this ROM differs from any other AOKP roms out there, I only have one thing to say: Try it yourself and choose the one that meets your requirements.

Features

Built from RootBox Sources

For a complete list of all Features in RootBox, visit the following link:
    Complete Feature List

AOKP Features

Hybrid Settings

Per App DPI
    Per App Colors (Statusbar, Icons, NavBar)
    Per App UI (Phone, Tablet, Phablet)
    Per App Expanded Mode (FullScreen)
    NavBar Height

General Settings

Home button call answer (Accessibility Option)
    Variable Lockscreen Pattern size (CM)
    Quiet Hours (CM)
    Power Sounds (CM)
    Camera Shutter sound
    Permissions (AOKP)
    Profiles (CM)
    Update Center – OTA Updates through GOO Manager

Clock

Clock: Increasing Alarm
    Clock: Flip/Shake – Snooze or Dismiss
    Clock: Disable Alarm Icon on Statusbar

RootBox Settings

General UI

Pie (Paranoid Android)
    Low Battery Warning (Pop-up & Sound, Pop-up only, Sound only, Off)
    Expanded Desktop

Keyboard

Disable Fullscreen Keyboard (Landscape mode)
    Auto keyboard rotation
    Option to control cursor in text fields using volume keys

Lockscreen

Lockscreen See Through
    Lockscreen Background
    Screen Security Features (Unlock options: Quick Unlock, Delay Screen Lock, Menu Unlock, Home Unlock)

Statusbar and Notification Drawer

Breathing SMS
    Breathing Missed Call
    Display Connected WiFi Network beside Carrier Label
    Notification Drawer Shortcuts
    Notifications Behaviour (Always Expand, Never Expand, Normal, Old Style)
    Notification icon opacity
    Power Widget (CM)

Clock

cLock (Chronus)

Sound

Option to disable sound when adjusting volume
    Launch Music app on Headset connection
    Swap Volume Buttons on Rotation

Recommended Installation Steps

Coming from another Custom ROM:

1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)

2. Flash RootBox zip

3. Flash JB GAPPS

4. Wipe Dalvik Cache

5. Reboot

Coming from Stock ROM:

1. Root Tablet- Get CWM Recovery

2. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)

3. Flash RootBox zip

4. Flash JB GAPPS

5. Wipe Dalvik Cache

6. Reboot

How to upgrade RootBox versions:

1. Download RootBox update

2. Flash RootBox update

3. Flash JB GAPPS

4. Wipe Cache (Optional)

5. Wipe Dalvik Cache (Optional)

6. Reboot

RootBox Sources

www.github.com/Root-Box

Downloads

Rom (Basketbuild) | Google Apps
    Rom (Dev Host) | Mirror (Android File Host)

Quick Tip: To avoid bad flashes and unexpected surprises, make sure you check the md5sum of the downloaded zip file against the one displayed on Goo.

For any DEVELOPMENT related question, you can ask them here

This is a development thread only.You have been warned.

Changelog

**Due to thread size limit restrictions, only the latest version's changelog will be displayed.
    If you wish to have changelogs from previous versions, you can find them at the following link:

RootBox Changelogs

Changelogs are now integrated with the ROM itself:

- At the root of ROM zip file (changelog.txt)
    - Goo Manager app (View Changelog section of the zip file)
    - Goo.im website (Drag mouse over the zip file and click "view file changelog")

Donations

If you want to donate, feel free to do so but I'm not a big fan of donations. I put this up because I've been getting too many PM asking for my paypal account.

Credits/Thanks To:
    * AOKP
    * Teamhacksung
    * The CyanogenMod Project
    * rovo89 - For his excellent work on Xposed Framework
    * Paranoid Android
    * Rodries
    * Pier
    * BigDenn - Logo, bootanimation and wallpapers
    * Wiggierip - v4.0 Bootanimation

picture.php
    Some New things to expect in the next nightly:

• New WiFi and Signal icons: Credits to ParanoidAndroid. They look much better than the stock ones.
    • StatusBar Toggles Holo Light : All toggles are now Holo when option is enabled.
    • New Toggle: RootBox Toggle - Access RootBox Settings (Thanks to Kroz for the icons)
    • Screen Delay timeout stuck @5 Seconds fixed
    • Option to disable fullscreen keyboard in landscape mode
    • One touch profile selection (When you choose profile from Power Menu, you don't need to confirm by pressing OK)
    • Long press Profile Toggle: Profiles Settings (Profile Toggle is still a work in progress)
    • Long Press Quiet Hours Toggle: Quiet Hours Settings (Toggle works but does not refresh status and icon, I will work on this)
    • Pattern Lock FC fixed
    • AOKP Record Toggle: Record Voice through toggle (Record, Stop, Play)
    • Lockscreen Memory Leak fixed
    • Pie Updates
    • Lockscreen targets: Custom app icons are smaller and rounded corners of gallery icons
    • Quiet Hours: Fixed notification sounds playing when Quiet Hours enabled.
    • Profiles: Lockscreen options (Insecure, Disabled, Default) fixed
    • Lockscreen NavBar: Little circle overlapping NavBar Buttons when PowerMenu or StatusBar dropped down on lockscreen.
    • Camera: HDR rendering for every devices (Nexus 4 already has it)

Screenshot_2013-02-21-18-13-57.png
    There are themes for this. Wish they were working on things i cant do myself

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Your ignorance makes me laugh.
    Builbox started: All devices should have their nightlies built and uploaded within the hour. (d2att, d2tmo, i9100, i9100g, i9300, mako, grouper)