Jtag developer edition ?

Search This thread

hakcenter

Mar 11, 2012
I know there seems to be a lot of dead threads about unlocking the boot loader etc..

Isn't it just possible to jtag read a developer and then just jtag that info to a non dev edition or is it not that simple ?

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
No it is not that simple...each dev device has its own specific bootloader key per say that keeps that from being a possibility. That is why Samsung is not supporting Dev editions with updates

abe_cedar

May 23, 2011
Houston
No it is not that simple...each dev device has its own specific bootloader key per say that keeps that from being a possibility. That is why Samsung is not supporting Dev editions with updates

But the dev ed has an unlocked boootloader. I guess ATM only the ss will work 4 the retail.
Any news from Nate on his note 3 rom?
TIA

hakcenter

Mar 11, 2012

Honestly that doesn't even make sense. I'm talking about a hardware level flash.

How is it that on nexus devices you can download new versions of the boot loader etc ?

My guess here is that no one has successfully jtagged a note 3 yet