[Q] SM-T210 Kitkat update

Search This thread

Silvers91

Jun 28, 2014
Rabat
Hi guys, I was just wondering if the galaxy tab 3 T210 is gonna get Kitkat as well, since the 3G version just got it days ago, thanks :)

Strizay

Jun 9, 2013
Hi guys, I'm glad I came across this thread before I did something I would regret. I am currently running RocketTab 3.1, 4.1.2. I believe that is the latest version of it. I was reading that Kit Kat has recently become available for the Galaxy Tab 3 and I tried to update it OTA but it gave an error that said I modified something and was unable to get it. So I manually downloaded T217SVPUBNE7 and I was about to install it. I'm glad I stopped and took the time to read that it was only for the SM-T217S and I have the SM-T210 as was mentioned above.

Being rooted, I don't think it would be a good idea to take the OTA when it becomes available. Am I right, just wait until it's actually released for the SM-T210 and wait for a root method?

Silvers91

Jun 28, 2014
Rabat
Hi guys, I'm glad I came across this thread before I did something I would regret. I am currently running RocketTab 3.1, 4.1.2. I believe that is the latest version of it. I was reading that Kit Kat has recently become available for the Galaxy Tab 3 and I tried to update it OTA but it gave an error that said I modified something and was unable to get it. So I manually downloaded T217SVPUBNE7 and I was about to install it. I'm glad I stopped and took the time to read that it was only for the SM-T217S and I have the SM-T210 as was mentioned above.

Being rooted, I don't think it would be a good idea to take the OTA when it becomes available. Am I right, just wait until it's actually released for the SM-T210 and wait for a root method?

Hi mate, glad you saw this before you brick your device.. Just wait until the official update for T210 is released then you can unroot your device so you can update via OTA (since you can't get the official update from Samsung when your device is rooted).

Reactions: Strizay

Strizay

Jun 9, 2013
I wonder how long after the OTA is released that they will have a root for it. If I can run Kit Kat on my T210, it would be like Christmas. Pretty exciting stuff happening.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi mate, glad you saw this before you brick your device.. Just wait until the official update for T210 is released then you can unroot your device so you can update via OTA (since you can't get the official update from Samsung when your device is rooted).