Possible to order this tablet from US to India?

Search This thread

Strategist

Dec 2, 2011
I am still interested in this tablet but the price in India is completely ridiculous, around 47000 (almost $800) for the 32 GB 3G version. I thought Samsung might lower it over time but the price hasn't budged in 9 months.

I am interested in the 16GB Wifi version which seems to be available for around $350 refurbished on Amazon. I was wondering if any Indian posters have ordered it through them and what the final price is after shipping, taxes etc.

blackheart2925

Dec 19, 2009
Online / store price the best that I have seen is INR 45,500...

But I agree on both counts

1. Price has certainly proved resistant to lowering

2. Its expensive (currently picked up an ipad air 16 gb for 36k at amazon india)

Have not ordered this from US as I will prefer to buy it local because

1. Warranty and repair service - god forbid something goes wrong with the tablet, doubt samsung would honor the warranty of another country and am not confident on the situation of parts and all for a model not sold here locally...service in India stinks!

2. Custom duties - we have some crazy custom duties typicall plus add the cost of shipping and chances are whatever savings in the price you get will be nullified by the cost of having it delivered in your hands.

Me, even if I could accept the second.l, cannot accept the first as I don't want to end up with an expensive paper weight.

Purely my own thoughts, yours may of course vary.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium

Reactions: Strategist

Strategist

Dec 2, 2011
I agree with your points which is why I wondered if anyone had any personal experience of ordering from India especially with respect to point 2. If the savings are sufficient I would be prepared to risk the lack of warranty.

Samsung has really missed the boat with pricing on this tablet. They could have easily launched the 16GB wifi version for 35. And it's baffling that they have refused to reduce the price. The Note 3 which was released at the same time is now 38 and the GS5 which was released 6 months later is 35. Hopefully once they launch the newer version, the price on the 2014 will drop sharply.

chiragondhiya

Aug 29, 2011
i just received mine yesterday. i bought it via amazon.
It was used( open box Like new). And really is just new unit. But there is little bump on back side near samsung logo.( I searched on google and many new unit also have same issue. and anyway its not noticable.)

Price was $387 (including fast shipping in 2-5 days).It converted into 24263 inr (always place order in USD).
It shipped via fedex. custom duty is little less than 15%.+ fedex fees and service tax. Totally i paid 4268 inr as duty.

Its super easy just make everything clear with seller.

I hope it helps you.

Strategist

Dec 2, 2011
Thanks. So it works out to around 29000. I have to say that's quite tempting even given the warranty issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i just received mine yesterday. i bought it via amazon.
    It was used( open box Like new). And really is just new unit. But there is little bump on back side near samsung logo.( I searched on google and many new unit also have same issue. and anyway its not noticable.)

Price was $387 (including fast shipping in 2-5 days).It converted into 24263 inr (always place order in USD).
    It shipped via fedex. custom duty is little less than 15%.+ fedex fees and service tax. Totally i paid 4268 inr as duty.

Its super easy just make everything clear with seller.

I hope it helps you.
    Online / store price the best that I have seen is INR 45,500...

But I agree on both counts

1. Price has certainly proved resistant to lowering

2. Its expensive (currently picked up an ipad air 16 gb for 36k at amazon india)

Have not ordered this from US as I will prefer to buy it local because

1. Warranty and repair service - god forbid something goes wrong with the tablet, doubt samsung would honor the warranty of another country and am not confident on the situation of parts and all for a model not sold here locally...service in India stinks!

2. Custom duties - we have some crazy custom duties typicall plus add the cost of shipping and chances are whatever savings in the price you get will be nullified by the cost of having it delivered in your hands.

Me, even if I could accept the second.l, cannot accept the first as I don't want to end up with an expensive paper weight.

Purely my own thoughts, yours may of course vary.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium