Google Nexus 6 - What do you think?

Search This thread
Indeed. Looking at Note 4 right now. Serious contender, given it's battery life.
If you are coming from anything less than a note 3 than the note 4 is insane. I have a note 3 and gave the 4 a chance. Its not much of an upgrade from the 3. I'm returning the note 4 and waiting a while to see what comes about through the beginning of the new year. I was going to go nexus 6 but now that the note 3 has cm12 in my opinion beta worthy, even though its still in alpha/preview phase I'll keep the note 3 for a little longer.

dazed1

Jul 24, 2013
If you are coming from anything less than a note 3 than the note 4 is insane. I have a note 3 and gave the 4 a chance. Its not much of an upgrade from the 3. I'm returning the note 4 and waiting a while to see what comes about through the beginning of the new year. I was going to go nexus 6 but now that the note 3 has cm12 in my opinion beta worthy, even though its still in alpha/preview phase I'll keep the note 3 for a little longer.

Yea, alot better screen, alot better build, better camera, alot better speaker, alot better audio recording, better wi-fi/LTE, much less lag, are all not much of an upgrade...

I don't know what you guys expect...

Reactions: gcforreal

Mr Ian B

Aug 3, 2010
Loving this Beauty and The Beast phone that I don't miss my two previous great phones I just sold, Note 3 and OnePlus One.

Ian B

neyenlives

Oct 11, 2010
Agreed. Did a side by side with my Note 3 and Note 4. Can't see a difference in screen. Cameras on phones are all great these days... They moved the already lame single side speaker to the back again like on my Galaxy S3 which sucks badly. They downgraded the USB to 2.0 from 3.0.

My Note 3 ran just as fast as the Note 4......i honestly couldn't figure out, for a Note 3 owner, why anyone would spend 800 bucks on a side-grade....

wendellc

Oct 10, 2009
Luv it...wish they had used superamoled instead. I feel they skimped out on the screen. Maybe more than 2.1 mp on FFC.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

cobyman7035

Oct 24, 2012
TORONTO
Has very fast ac wifi.. Says I'm connected at 800mbps linkspeed but very dull stock colors imo
Not impressed.. Hopefully decrypting will get more battery life and speedup phone

Too bad its not micro usb3. 0?

aiiee

Mar 4, 2010
I think this phone is the most screwed up endeavor I've ever seen undertaken by a commercial entity.

HumpDdumpD

Nov 12, 2009
Today is my 3rd day with mine. Love the crisp screen, the speakers blow the nexus 4 & 5 out of the water. Right on par with my girlfriends m8. The size isn't bad. Took me about the first day to get used to coming from the N5. It charges super fast & gave me 5hrs SOT yesterday with pretty heavy gaming. Tap typing is way easier to be accurate.... Now the downsides (IMO). The screen goes purple/pink at low lights (I read that's an amoled thing). Not sure if it's the encryption or resolution but it lags with certain games/apps where my n5 would have zero trouble, even running 5.0.1 on my n5. Although I'm 100% certain that is a software thing & will get fixed through ROM/ kernel in time... All things considered I'm very happy with my 4th nexus phone & will rock it till next years comes out probably.

Reactions: Langduscher

warrenis1234

May 21, 2008
Brooklyn
Today is my 3rd day with mine. Love the crisp screen, the speakers blow the nexus 4 & 5 out of the water. Right on par with my girlfriends m8. The size isn't bad. Took me about the first day to get used to coming from the N5. It charges super fast & gave me 5hrs SOT yesterday with pretty heavy gaming. Tap typing is way easier to be accurate.... Now the downsides (IMO). The screen goes purple/pink at low lights (I read that's an amoled thing). Not sure if it's the encryption or resolution but it lags with certain games/apps where my n5 would have zero trouble, even running 5.0.1 on my n5. Although I'm 100% certain that is a software thing & will get fixed through ROM/ kernel in time... All things considered I'm very happy with my 4th nexus phone & will rock it till next years comes out probably.

pink purple is only on adaptive brightness at the lowest setting, in the dark lol, which depending on who you are, you either consider it a defect or a feature. this app let's you know where I stand, (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.urbandroid.lux)

either way, there is no discoloration when you take off adaptive display

Reactions: HumpDdumpD

HumpDdumpD

Nov 12, 2009
pink purple is only on adaptive brightness at the lowest setting, in the dark lol, which depending on who you are, you either consider it a defect or a feature. this app let's you know where I stand, (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.urbandroid.lux)

either way, there is no discoloration when you take off adaptive display

So it is! I hadn't even turned off adaptive brightness since i got the phone... Thanks for the link to the app as well. Downloaded to try out soon. Are you using it to further darken your display or to prolong the amoled display life? I'm thinking of practical uses that I could use it for.

warrenis1234

May 21, 2008
Brooklyn
So it is! I hadn't even turned off adaptive brightness since i got the phone... Thanks for the link to the app as well. Downloaded to try out soon. Are you using it to further darken your display or to prolong the amoled display life? I'm thinking of practical uses that I could use it for.

oh no, the app was to show how turning the screen reddish is a good thing. especially if you read all the information the developer put about it.

since the nexus 6 does it automatically with adaptive display then u don't need it. still, you'll find many people who consider it a defect

Reactions: HumpDdumpD

toyfreak

Feb 9, 2006
Indianapolis
I've had mine for almost a month now and I'm loving it. I can't understand the people who drive themselves crazy nitpicking every little thing on this or any other device. Enjoy your device and appreciate its amazing capabilities for the fun and productivity it adds to your life.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If the N6 is going to be the first Nexus with 64 processor and OS, then Google please call it N64, that would be awesome :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Honestly, if the new nexus doesnt have atleast have a 780ti equivalent gpu, it will fail, it better have atleast 12gbs of ram with a 32 inch screen. and if it doesnt make me smoothies, ill pass
    Will it be called Nexus 6 ? The number represent the screen.

Not sure that google will make a 6" phone. Maybe it'll be like the Nexus 7 ? A 2014 version of Nexus 5 ?

I would reply to this..but typing is a **** on my Nexus One.
    Spec wise, not on the OS end.
    Oh you mean fancy names that generally don't mean anything?
    1Gig
    Dual core
    Same 8mp camera
    Now a bigger phone which Apple mockingly talked about Samsung in their last keynote, said they would never upsize but now offer a 5.5 inch phone with the same specs as the 4.7 phone??

Or did you mean the same 16-32 storage with that ridiculous price tag for a 2 year lockdown?

Nah Google is fine. Believe me.

b2c2fea4253e19b03bff2d7e914eb680.jpg

[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]
    Honestly if this size crying does not stop I might be tempted to make another N6 thread for actual discussion on the technology and the software. Not an bloody echo chamber about how its too big for them.

Hell with the amount of complaining about size you would think this would be something that was going to be forced into everyone's anal cavity, Not a mobile device. Its absolutely absurd the amount of *****ing is taking place here.

Can we just have a goddamn civil discussion on the Nexus 6 without having to ***** on the size? Please?!?