[ROM][13-04-12][AOSP][4.0.4] Codename Android 2.0.0RC|Fully Open Source+Nightly Build

Search This thread

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
Thank u for this great rom..

i want to report a bug. In 1.5.5 when i try to edit an access point it doesnt allow me to click any access point for editing.

Thank u again...

This is a bug introduced with inclusion of profiles in upstream CM9. It is already fixed there, expect next release of this rom to include this fix.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

sk3201

Apr 13, 2008
Düsseldorf
I noticed a galaxy nexus watermark on my display while on brighter colors. Is this this the display or the rom?

biffsmash

Nov 19, 2007
Have to say I have always been a little critical of custom roms to say the least but this rom is absolutely brilliant !

Not only are the customization options great, but it is simply the fastest rom there is!

So fast it blew me away. Apart from live wallpapers still not running well, this rom kicks the living crap out of stock. Well done! Just may have been converted.

Battery drain is a tad quicker than stock but that's probably because the phone is so fast and responsive now. Great job, and expect a donation .

bnm15

Sep 30, 2010
I had the same battery drain problem with 1.5.5

I just reverted to version 1.5.0

CND 1.5 is not as fast as 1.4

i m now back to CND 1.4 and battery drain issue is gone. now battery life is better while speed remains

with heavy usage (phone is on for 6 hours. wifi on:5 hours, screen on:2.5hours, frequent texting and whatsapp plus heavy download usage on play store: i still have 40% battery :)

musashiken

Feb 22, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
OnePlus 5T
I can't get the pc to pick up the phone for some reason since i've installed this ROM, is there a setting i've missed anywhere?

Do you mean you can't see the folders when connected to pc?

If so, check in settings -> storage -> USB computer connection (it's in the menu) and check that MTP is enabled.

Your pc should be able to see your phone folders.

Tommebaas

Jan 2, 2010
Running the latest nightly.
It's buttery.
To bad peggle is not working with ics.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

ArmanUV

Jan 26, 2012
I noticed a galaxy nexus watermark on my display while on brighter colors. Is this this the display or the rom?

what on earth are you talking about man? a watermark?
the only thing I can think of is that you have a high contrast wallpaper that burns in the display when you stay on the homescreen for a long time.

sk3201

Apr 13, 2008
Düsseldorf
what on earth are you talking about man? a watermark?
the only thing I can think of is that you have a high contrast wallpaper that burns in the display when you stay on the homescreen for a long time.

Obviously its likely what you said. Are these kind of displays popular with burn in symptoms? I bought my gn when it was 6 weeks old and it wasn't me who used the wallpaper with that "galaxy nexus" label......will compare it with my colleagues phone tomorrow.

ArmanUV

Jan 26, 2012
Obviously its likely what you said. Are these kind of displays popular with burn in symptoms? I bought my gn when it was 6 weeks old and it wasn't me who used the wallpaper with that "galaxy nexus" label......will compare it with my colleagues phone tomorrow.

wait a second it's permanent? temporary burn in is common but it does away after a few seconds or minutes. a permanent burn in shouldn't happen unless the previous owner deliberate kept the screen awake for long time (there is an option to do that in developer options in settings). I suggest you return it or send it for warranty if you can.

lambergino

Apr 17, 2011
When updating from 1.5.5 to the latest nightly build(s) do I have to reset/delete factory data or just wipe cache and delvik cache and flash rom+gapps?

MysticDeth

Apr 13, 2011
Ottawa
I came from Aokp and this rom is much better...Its fast and with stock kernel the battery life i s amazing....Just one problem though, does anyone else have their phone freeze a lot? Its happening all the time to me....I am on the newest update 1.5.5

PS- I did a full wipe before I flashed the Rom

lambergino

Apr 17, 2011
I came from Aokp and this rom is much better...Its fast and with stock kernel the battery life i s amazing....Just one problem though, does anyone else have their phone freeze a lot? Its happening all the time to me....I am on the newest update 1.5.5

PS- I did a full wipe before I flashed the Rom

Yes I get random freezes which I have to pull the battery for 1-2 a day too with 1.5.5 and I just flashed it on top of 1.5.0 so I thought that might have something to do with it but if you are saying you did a clean wipe and its still same it means 1.5.5 is a calprit. I am trying the latest Nightly build right now, so far 24h no freezes but that too I flashed on top of 1.5.5 instead of a clean install I dont know why I am resisting a clean install until the next milestone

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

I was just thinking the same thing. +1 for a changelog too. Just going to backup and flash on top, see what happens. I let you know
Well it definitely works just flashing it on top of eachother, I just wiped cache and delvik everytime... I dont know why my Android OS is juicing my battery though, maybe a clean install will fix this?

lamecake

Jul 9, 2010
1.5.5 always ran like a charm here. No freezes whatsoever. Same with the latest nightlies. Be sure not to UV if you get freezes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

MysticDeth

Apr 13, 2011
Ottawa
Lambergino: I just reflashed 1.5.5 without a full wipe so I will see if i get any more random freezes

1.5.5 always ran like a charm here. No freezes whatsoever. Same with the latest nightlies. Be sure not to UV if you get freezes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I never touch the UV settings, I just Underclocked to 920MHZ...and where do I go to download the Nightlies?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
    we-are-codenameandroid.png
    [/font]

Codename Android is a fully open source rom that focuses on speed, usability, and getting every feature that we can get CRAMMED in there :_con: .
    Our mission is to spread the Open Source Android love to as many people as possible, and get as many people involved as possible. Along with the rom there will be tutorials to get more people involved and learning how to build android step by step.

SCREENSHOTS
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]---------[/font]

screenshots.jpg

FEATURE LIST

Customizable Power Menu (reboot, profiles, screenshot, airplane mode, torch, navigation bar toggle, and silent toggle)
    Statusbar Power Widget: (long press statusbar settings button to enable/disable - toggle Sleep, Media Buttons, Airplane Mode, Bluetooth, Brightness, GPS, LED Flashlight, LTE, Mobiledata, Sound, Sync WiFi, WiFi AP, and WiMAX)
    Customizable Battery Status (icon style and miui style battery bar)
    Customizable Clock (clock style, am/pm style, clock color, and toggleable alarm clock icon)
    Customizable Signal Status (style)
    Customizable number of lockscreen targets
    Customizable lockscreen layout
    Customizable lockscreen text color
    Configurable lockscreen wallpaper
    Ability to unlock with menu
    Quick pin unlock (unlock with pin/password without pressing ok)
    Lockscreen before unlock (extra lockscreen before the PIN face lock, pattern, or password lockscreen)
    Ability to enable rotation on the lockscreen
    Sound toggle for camera (replaces the camera unlock target with one for toggling the sound settings)
    Volume wake (tap either the up ordown volume key to wake your phone from sleep)
    Volume music controls (long press volume buttons to skip tracks)
    Wait to lock screen (use androids timeout setting after you manually turn the screen off)
    Customizable Navigation Bar:
    - menu button visibility and location
    - number of navigation buttons
    - order of navigation buttons
    - color of navigation buttons
    - navigation bar size
    - button glow animation speed
    - navigation button transparency
    Custom Automatic Backlight Settings
    Customizable Rotation Modes
    Customizable Screen On/Off Animations
    Customizable LED Pulse (Duration and Color)
    USB Fast Charge Mode
    Ability to enable extra volume options (pressing the volume opens sliders for ringtone, alarms, notifications, and media sounds)
    Customizable Custom Carrier Label
    Customizable Statusbar Transparency
    Optional WebOs Style Recents List
    Performance Settings:
    - Start-Up Tweaks (configurable tweaks that run at boot - zipalign apps, enable sd card boost, fix permission, clear cache, enable sysctl, enable scheduled tasks)
    - Processor Speed (change cpu governor and clock speed)
    - Processor Voltage (changes cpu voltage of each frequency)
    - Memory Management (customize the usage of memory to alter system performance0
    - Disable boot animation (skip the boot animation for a faster boot)
    Custom Profiles (assign different profiles to change the behavior of your phone to your liking)
    Quiet Hours (the ability to set when and how notification sounds, haptic feedback, vibration and notification light will function between a certain times e.g. "Quiet Hours")
    Custom Launcher: (Originally built off of Trebuchet)
    - customizable number of homescreens
    - customizable default homescreen
    - removable search bar
    - ability to resize any widget
    - ability to hide icon lablels
    - configurable transition effects
    - ability to enable rotation
    Ability to unlink volumes and mute states
    Ability to turn off the USB debugging notification
    ADB over Network (enable TCP/IP debugging over Network interfaces (WiFi, Usb networks) )
    Configurable root access (disabled, apps only, ADB only, or Apps and ADB)
    Optional Long Press Back to Kill Apps
    Advanced Testing:
    - Configurable Build.Prop
    - Spare Parts Settings
    - Development Settings
    - Testing Settings

Extra Tools:
    Superuser app
    Busybox
    Bash
    Rsync
    Lsof
    Nano
    libncurses

LATEST CHANGELOG

### 2.0.0
    * update to 4.0.4
    Check full changelog at link below

ROM

Codename-Android-(MOD)-2-041212-SNAPSHOTmaguro.zip
    MD5 = [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]53c1e36931e2d7d9b58d5668bbcf143d[/font]

GApps HERE
    Filename gapps_ics_404_06042012.zip
    MD5sum 391221c6b3ceb537ea4b59baf4131410

CNA ROM Utility - Click HERE
    Update to server info, no other changes.

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Make a backup[/font][/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2. wipe data/factory reset in recovery[/font][/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3. flash the rom[/font][/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. reboot[/font][/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5. sign in[/font][/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]6. wait for the phone to restore all your apps[/font][/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]7. reboot[/font][/font]

CREDIT/THANKS

EVERYBODY IN THE ANDROID ATMOSPHERE!!! :_con:
    All other open sourcers that made a contribution to the project:
    Specifically: Google, AOKP, CM, Team Gummy, RootzBoat

TEAM MEMBERS
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Codenamedroid - Head Developer/Maintainer (Galaxy Nexus, Xoom, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S2 (ATT), General maintenance for all others)[/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Link - Swiss Army Knife of Support/Ninja[/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Blueharford - Kernel Developer (Galaxy Nexus, EEE Pad Transformer)[/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]AndroidUser00110001 - Device Maintainer (Galaxy Nexus GSM, Nexus S)[/font]
    sixstringsg - Device Maintainer (Samsung Captivate, Vibrant)
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Derek Ross - [/font][font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Device Maintainer (Droid Incredible, Acer Iconia)[/font]
    rtfpessoa - Device Maintainer (Samsung Galaxy S)
    stevespear426 - Device Maintainer (Samsung Fascinate)
    timbit123 - Device Maintainer (EEE Pad Transformer)
    JamieD81 - Device Maintainer (Samsung Galaxy Note)
    gdanko - Device Maintainer (Incredible 2)
    SoHyunSeop - Translator (Korean)
    Germaniac - Support (Nexus S, Xoom)
    B-eock - Support (Galaxy S)

LINKS

Full Source
    Build Instructions
    Full Working Changelo[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]g[/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bug and Feature Tracker[/font]
    Codename Android IRC
    Any bugs that are found will be posted here.
    I don't know if you know it or not, but CNA is mostly dead. Most of us here love it but we have to discuss other ROMs to resort to.
    Then go do it on other the ROM threads. The least all of you so-called CNA-lovers could do is say thanks for the completely FREE-OF-CHARGE service provided thus far. Don't go nailing a new concubine on top of the wife's coffin while the body is still frikkin warm, dude.
    Look at what I got peoples. I was close enough where I threw the difference on my credit card hoping I will get enough back before next bill :D

So now I can properly test...
    CNA is not dead yet...we are trying to get everything back together. Stay tuned and will have some news later.