Market issues HAVE NOTHING TO DO themes!!!

Search This thread

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
On every theme thread people keep reporting that the theme is causing the problem, they're NOT!!! The Market has had issues since 1.6, and they continue with 2.1, and the Market issues aren't just related to the X10.

Go to start a new thread and type "market issue", and you will see that other brands and handsets suffer from the problem too.

I know I haven't modded the Market app, and know that others haven't too, had we of done there might be something to suggest it's the theme, but we haven't and it isn't!!

Lord Takyon

Jul 26, 2010
Never said it was your fault mate. But it is something that is easily replicated for me. I only use your theme so do not have a comparison.

I am NOT complaining, I choose to do these things to my phone and I am aware of the risks.

The market seems to be getting worse rather than better, really wish they would pull their finger out and sort it.

I have no problems clearing market cache etc.....

Something about the process of applying themes certainly does seem to upset the market though, but like I said, I do not hold you responsible my friend.

saltorio

Feb 20, 2009
Ottawa, ON
www.NutsNGum.net
Definitely not a theme thing. I've seen this happen with a fresh firmware install.

It has something to do with the Market update, and as others have said simply uninstalling the market update fixes the problem every time.

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
Like I said, messing with files like this is risky, just wish people were better prepared for when things go wrong.
And like I've said, the Market app hasn't been modified by any themer as far as I'm aware and as pointed out it's happened on a fresh install for one person which supports what's already been said.

PollPixx

Apr 27, 2009
Hopefully android will fix this bug soon!

They are aware of the problem for a longer time, but instead of making it better they just keep sliding downhill...it seems to be complicated. There were several times devs couldn't add their apps because of maintenance, so they are trying to solve it.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

iridaki

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
I know this has nothing to do with themes, because since I upgraded to 2.1 it happens to me almost once every other day. I just uninstall updates and it goes back to normal. It is obviously a Google issue.

reedz

Dec 14, 2010
dodoma
I installed the theme step by step. but seriously the mearket stop working. it forces closing. it downloads as usual, but the problem is when it install, force closing.
can not install.
but i really like the theme. looks so mmwaaaaa !
i just repaired my phone.:(

Lord Takyon

Jul 26, 2010
Reedz, it isn't the theme mate. I believe it's simply the act of messing with those files that upsets market. I can often get the same result messing with other files. It is simply 'twitchy'.

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

reedz

Dec 14, 2010
dodoma
Guys i got the way to solve this, you need to navigate to settings/applications/manage applications/market/ then in market uninstall updates.
go back to market and start downloading as usual.:D
hope it helps.:p

Reactions: naveen_reloaded
these things happen often , if one is decided to mod and go against the shipped ROM , then we have to anticipate such things ...

anyway as Reedz posted , the solution simply worked... XperiaX10user , keep up the good work , whatever ,and however much we work , Sh!t just happens out of nowhere ... :) , anyway i am ur fan man... waiting for ur next release , hoping that you get on to more color and rich combo of colors...

rynoon

Jun 1, 2010
London
Guys i got the way to solve this, you need to navigate to settings/applications/manage applications/market/ then in market uninstall updates.
go back to market and start downloading as usual.:D
hope it helps.:p

Yep. I did that and was able to download as usual. The next time I opened the market after that it was the updated market again though so there doesn't seem to be a way to suppress it completely. However, after the market upgraded itself the second time (after the uninstall updates step) the new market worked perfectly fine with my modified theme. No issues.

Lord Takyon

Jul 26, 2010
Bloody market is a pain in my arse. Everything knackers it up. Fart near your phone and it self destructs.

That new update had to be removed atleast a dozen times before I could even navigate without crashing my phone. It ain't that great now, crashes about 1 in 8 times.

I just wish people had an understanding of what they are doing before they do it and start whinging their phones are shafted.

Any way, keep up the good work buddy.

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Top Liked Posts