Bionic Or Thunderbolt

Search This thread

Tivo7

Sep 12, 2011
SystemUI.apk
I use both...haha.

Bionic is my main that I play around with and I keep Tbolt straight stock as an emergency backup phone.

Tucknology

Jul 11, 2011
One thing though is the bionic screen and colors in it suck big time
And the rom selection on the bolt was crazy huge.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Are these not enough roms for you?

GINGERBREAD:
+ Eclipse 2.2 by Nitroglycerine (AOSP)
+ Kin3tix 1.0 by DroidTh3ory (Motoblur or AOSP, you decide)
+ Liberty by Kejar31

ICS:
+ AOSP by dhacker & hashcode
+ CM9 ported by DroidTh3ory, Dhacker29 and hashcode
+ AOKP ported by DroidTh3ory, Dhacker29 and hashcode
+ MIUI ported by InSaNeMoD
+ Axi0m by DroidTh30ry
+ GummyICS by Kejar31

dirtyfingers

Jan 7, 2011
Wisconsin
Are these not enough roms for you?

GINGERBREAD:
+ Eclipse 2.2 by Nitroglycerine (AOSP)
+ Kin3tix 1.0 by DroidTh3ory (Motoblur or AOSP, you decide)
+ Liberty by Kejar31

ICS:
+ AOSP by dhacker & hashcode
+ CM9 ported by DroidTh3ory, Dhacker29 and hashcode
+ AOKP ported by DroidTh3ory, Dhacker29 and hashcode
+ MIUI ported by InSaNeMoD
+ Axi0m by DroidTh30ry
+ GummyICS by Kejar31

The ics roms are still too buggy for most people and the only other rom you listed that isnt outdated and uses the latest official release as a base is eclipse. If you looked in the tbolt forums there are easily 20 times as many roms if your going to count the older ones, so I can see where hes coming from.

Southern_mind

Mar 22, 2011
Charlotte, NC
The ics roms are still too buggy for most people and the only other rom you listed that isnt outdated and uses the latest official release as a base is eclipse. If you looked in the tbolt forums there are easily 20 times as many roms if your going to count the older ones, so I can see where hes coming from.

A huge +1 for you.
And i'm not trying to put the phone down is nice but crazy how huge the hype was for it and there is only one solid ROM that is up to date. I have a six month old baby and i'm always using my camera for everything so I need it working for video and all

dirtyfingers

Jan 7, 2011
Wisconsin
If you get bored and feel like theming something just theme some of your favorite apps. In my opinion its easier than making a theme from scratch cause you already got all the png's to work with. I got sick of the green in dolphin browser mini so last night I changed everything to blue. Or you could make a theme for the stock rom if you can find a deodexed version.

kendive

Oct 20, 2010
Florida
I use both...haha.

Bionic is my main that I play around with and I keep Tbolt straight stock as an emergency backup phone.

I have both also and I like both. Lately I have been using the Tbolt more. The Tbolt has a better Camera hands down. The battery life on the Bionic is much better than my rooted Tbolt with Skyraider on it. I like the Tbolt for the little wider screen. Bionic is a smaller phone. With the Extended battery it's just as thick as the Tbolt with a standard battery.

Hard choice. I would own both... :confused:

Tivo7

Sep 12, 2011
SystemUI.apk
I have both also and I like both. Lately I have been using the Tbolt more. The Tbolt has a better Camera hands down. The battery life on the Bionic is much better than my rooted Tbolt with Skyraider on it. I like the Tbolt for the little wider screen. Bionic is a smaller phone. With the Extended battery it's just as thick as the Tbolt with a standard battery.

Hard choice. I would own both... :confused:

I agree, owning both is quite nice. They both have their ups and downs. I'm not going to root my tbolt though because I can't having something happen to both of my phones and not have a phone until I fix one.

smokedkill

Apr 13, 2010
Actually now that I've had it I would have taken a bolt again is so weird all this stuff you have to do to flash anything. And it seems lime the only roms out are ics which are ok but still too many things broken for me. And there are no stock like roms with alot of features like on sense. But I like the phone. I just had more options on the bolt being I'm a themer I want something solid I can theme. But the bolt was the best phone for everything. And my data connection and speed is the same on both phones.

Not exactly a secret that you can do more with an HTC phone. Pretty much common knowledge.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

kendive

Oct 20, 2010
Florida
I agree, owning both is quite nice. They both have their ups and downs. I'm not going to root my tbolt though because I can't having something happen to both of my phones and not have a phone until I fix one.

I don't mind having both rooted and the only reason I have the Bionic rooted is I hate bloatware and wanted to remove all that. I like the Bionic stock rom.

Besides if you mess up one you can always goto ebay and buy a new phone.

Right now I am interested in the the Razr Maxx. Just doing more reading on it first.

Tivo7

Sep 12, 2011
SystemUI.apk
I don't mind having both rooted and the only reason I have the Bionic rooted is I hate bloatware and wanted to remove all that. I like the Bionic stock rom.

Besides if you mess up one you can always goto ebay and buy a new phone.

Right now I am interested in the the Razr Maxx. Just doing more reading on it first.

I also like the Bionic stock rom. I've had my bionic for almost a year now and this week is the first I actually started using a ROM for it.

smokedkill

Apr 13, 2010
Why do people act surprised that the thunderbolt has more roms? Its an HTC. They always have the most roms. Its not exactly a secret that you get a larger choice of roms with HTC. That's not just comparing to the bionic, but to any non HTC or Nexus phone. If you want a large selection of roms, get an HTC or a nexus because nothing else compares.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I uses to have the thunderbolt. The bionic is a much better phone.

Yeah this one's a no brainer. Get the bionic.

Regarding the above cons:

• Hexec workaround was recently posted allowing for custom kernels. This was really the last issue caused by the locked bootloader. In less than a month it will be old news

• There are CM9, AOKP, AOSP, and MIUI variants of ICS available now and improving daily. Who needs stock ICS?

My buddy has a tbolt and there's no comparison in the speed, responsiveness and battery life.
    DUDE! Win Win WIN!

Well played, Sir.