[ROM][GT-I9100G][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds! [>60FPS][ROCK-SOLID]

Would you run CyanogenMod on your I9100G?

• Yes, can't wait!

Votes: 1,558 94.5%
  • No, there's no need for it.

Votes: 90 5.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

DeoXCodeX

Apr 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks very much for your greate work.
the proximity sensor of i9100g has some issue, it can't stop working (red light issue). Lots of guys said it was the kernal&driver issue.
Could you please fixing it?
Currently i am using Lucifr kernal 1.6. It solved the issue perfectly.

But there's another important feature missing in that kernal.
The ROMs (actually the kernels) for Chinese version of I9100G, like ZCKI1, ZCLC1 and ZCLC2, support an advanced ALARM.
When you power-down the phone, the alarm can still work if you choose "auto boot the phone" in the option.
Could you please take this feature into consideration?

Thanks again!

??? He not even solve his problem now and you're requesting?
Btw CM doesn't base any firmware. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

Reactions: skyv

eldonly

Mar 13, 2012
??? He not even solve his problem now and you're requesting?
Btw CM doesn't base any firmware. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

Sorry for that.
I thought it would be better to make suggestion on the early stage.
I didn't expect he himself would have lots of trouble for debugging now.

Please take it easy, don't feel pushed.
Sorry again man.

JROppenheimer

Mar 13, 2009
Frankfurt am Main
Hey y'all.

Now I did get the I9100G. Pretty nice phone, but in means of usability, it's hard to live with it being unable to flash a custom rom on it - what a pain. Still love my HTC HD2!

Well, how ever I do have a question, and I hope you can excuse, if this is a stupid question:
Where is the benefit of flashing a new "kernel". Actually I am having problems really understanding the difference between the "kernel" and a custom rom. I always had the feeling that that is kinda the same thing.

Could anyone be so nice to tell me the difference, or to point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,
JR

punjprateek

Dec 4, 2011
new delhi
Hey y'all.

Now I did get the I9100G. Pretty nice phone, but in means of usability, it's hard to live with it being unable to flash a custom rom on it - what a pain. Still love my HTC HD2!

Well, how ever I do have a question, and I hope you can excuse, if this is a stupid question:
Where is the benefit of flashing a new "kernel". Actually I am having problems really understanding the difference between the "kernel" and a custom rom. I always had the feeling that that is kinda the same thing.

Could anyone be so nice to tell me the difference, or to point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,
JR

The diff in kernal is that there are many governor.which helps tbe phone to run in different types of situations like powersave mode performance..etc + pre root with overclocked kernal for better performance nd in custom rom u can have wide variety of effects like crtoff boot animation with different boot sound differdnt screen lock mod 14 toggel mode extended powermode amd lots of feature
Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA

Reactions: JROppenheimer

JROppenheimer

Mar 13, 2009
Frankfurt am Main
The diff in kernal is that there are many governor.which helps tbe phone to run in different types of situations like powersave mode performance..etc + pre root with overclocked kernal for better performance nd in custom rom u can have wide variety of effects like crtoff boot animation with different boot sound differdnt screen lock mod 14 toggel mode extended powermode amd lots of feature
Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA

Great! Thanks for the explanation. Are you using a different kernel? Is there a special one, one can recommend?

Thanks in advance,
JR!

codeworkx

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2010
Bad Neustadt
Hello codeworkx,

I think the Poll was showing good number of votes towards having CyanogenMod for GT-I9100G. Is there any progress on CyanogenMod for GT-I9100G. A big crowd is waiting for that.

Thanks and Regards,
Sivbal

sorry, it seems you're not able to read two posts back and the OP.
would have answered your question.

Sivabalan

Aug 21, 2011
Bangalore
sorry, it seems you're not able to read two posts back and the OP.
would have answered your question.
Sorry For Asking the question and wasting your precious time. for People in India who got this phone because of the covert tactics of SAMSUNG, you are the God now.

I realized my mistake after posting. Sorry once again.

ozs

Nov 25, 2009
thanx code!..

thread subscribed..
i'll also be able to help you to do the test from now on..

ankitpandey

Dec 3, 2011
I read the post "we're-lost-in-code" on your blog.
I believe you've had the same issue earlier too.
Samsung being a big screwup is pretty sad man.:(

12play

Mar 5, 2012
Mannheim
Donation !

Alright i just read about the donation thing JROppenheimer posted.
You know what guys? Let's get this really started !
For all the effort we should show some appreciation. Especially because the G has not that much devs! It's a lot more work for them.
I can not program (except a few systemout printlines :D ) so my support will be the financial way.
A few dollars are not much but with the increasing number of donators it will be much more ;)

Now i'm starting (as a student) with 5$ per dev.
I'm planning more donations when there are more of the interesting ROMS (CM9 and equal)

Superatmos already got.

Now i'm donating to Codeworx for the great effort on CM and for starting the ball rolling.

Hanny Liu for the great work on the kernel and great support for it on Facebook group.

Those are the devs whose work i use on my device. (hopefully Codeworx CM9 will follow)

I WANT YOU TO DONATE !
even if it's just 1$.

and thanks to everyone who already donated to the devs.

It's nothing to show off. Don't get me wrong. I only want to initiate people to do the same. Don't want to offend someone.

As a german Taxation&Auditing Student i also ask myself if incoming donations for opensource work got to be taxed :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts