Xperia SP camera (Lens cover) issues

Search This thread

Karumbaiah

Feb 17, 2013
Bangalore
Hi,

I have observed that the pictures taken in my SP are too hazy and kind of bleached. I used to get great pictured before. But from past couple of months this the kind of pictures I am getting. I dont know what exactly is causing this problem.

I see few scratches on the lens cover for sure. May be it is because of that?

Please help

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 803

antkalaitzakis96

Apr 4, 2013
Prague, CZ
I think it's because of scratches..you can use a toothpaste, a glass cleaning liquid and a cleaning cloth for rubbing it.
First clean the lens with the glass cleaning liquid and then without wiping it apply a really small amount of toothpaste and rub it for about 15-20 minutes..If it dry repeat the process and keep rubbing it..

no_username_available

May 14, 2013
Toronto
I think it's because of scratches..you can use a toothpaste, a glass cleaning liquid and a cleaning cloth for rubbing it.
First clean the lens with the glass cleaning liquid and then without wiping it apply a really small amount of toothpaste and rub it for about 15-20 minutes..If it dry repeat the process and keep rubbing it..

toothpaste works i can confirm that (put a small amount on the lens and gently rub it around and use a wet cloth to remove it) you can also try cd cleaners because those remove scratches too

Reactions: Karumbaiah

dipesh1502

Sep 16, 2013
MUMbai
I have got the same scratched lens problem
Tried toothpaste didnt
Work for me
There are tooo many scratches
I think i will have to take it to the service centre

Rasik199

Dec 3, 2013
goa
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
So it doesn't work?? even I'm having the same problem sp..... A lot of Very fine scratches...... Any one confirmed?

Sent from my C5302 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Service center... I took it too...... They're replacing the whole module...... Al tho in the parts list the lens window is listed......

dipesh1502

Sep 16, 2013
MUMbai
So it doesn't work?? even I'm having the same problem sp..... A lot of Very fine scratches...... Any one confirmed?

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Service center... I took it too...... They're replacing the whole module...... Al tho in the parts list the lens window is listed......

I have got lot of them so maybe it doesnt work
How much did the service centre ask?:-o

Karumbaiah

Feb 17, 2013
Bangalore

Confirmed!!! You gotta try it....

Rasik199

Dec 3, 2013
goa
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I have got lot of them so maybe it doesnt work
How much did the service centre ask?:-o

It's 500₹ in Goa

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

guys... The lens cleaning solution worked like a charm for me.. Along with a little toothpaste.... Try it once before taking it to service center...

Thanks to @no_username_available and @antkalaitzakis96

If possible can u specify the name of the lens cleaner and toothpaste...... Is it gel? Type........ Don't wonna rick :D:sly:;)

Karumbaiah

Feb 17, 2013
Bangalore
Yes the name of the cleaning gel please

Cleaner is just a basic lens cleaning solution which I got with my DSLR (Usually you get this along with laptops too).. I will get you the name later on.. I used colgate toothpaste.. (Not gel. Just the normal white toothpaste)

First clean the lens with the cleaner. Then apply the toothpaste. Just a tinge of it.. Rub it gently for about 10 minutes. Then clean the lens again with the lens cleaner. This should remove all the tiny scratches on the lens. It definitely worked for me.

dipesh1502

Sep 16, 2013
MUMbai
Cleaner is a local one which I got with my DSLR.. I will get you the name later on.. I used colgate toothpaste.. (Not gel. Just the normal white toothpaste)

First clean the lens with the cleaner. Then apply the toothpaste. Just a tinge of it.. Rub it gently for about 10 minutes. Then clean the lens again with the lens cleaner. This should remove all the tiny scratches on the lens. It definitely worked for me.

Thats what the problem is
I dont have tiny scratches:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

toothpaste works i can confirm that (put a small amount on the lens and gently rub it around and use a wet cloth to remove it) you can also try cd cleaners because those remove scratches too
    Tootpaste didnt work 4 me
    You suggest i shud try my luck with cd scratch remover?
    What does it costs?

you did it wrong... try to apply a bit more muscle and it will work, I had this very problem myself and the toothpaste worked like a charm, I did, however remove the tiny circular plastic around the lenses so I could rub them to the very edge... and I didn't even tried the cleaner before, I went straight to the toothpaste...