[Q] gps has me stumped

Search This thread

aawshads

Oct 1, 2010
Dallas
Willing to take any ideas. Running a att s4 with TWRP 2.7 on it, No matter what I try, I cannot get GPS to work. Each time I test it with my tablet next to it, my tablet will be seeing 20 satellites, my phone 0. I need navigation with my job, so this is frustrating.

Things I have tried (different combinations of below)

Different roms (hypeerdrive, liquidsmooth, CM, SlimKat, Venomous)

Modems (mdl (original), Mk2, Nb1)

changing preferred networks

I have searchedand taken all the advice I can see. Let me know any info that might help, I am pulling my hair out here. It is frustrating because other than gps, it seems that all of the roms function perfectly

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Willing to take any ideas. Running a att s4 with TWRP 2.7 on it, No matter what I try, I cannot get GPS to work. Each time I test it with my tablet next to it, my tablet will be seeing 20 satellites, my phone 0. I need navigation with my job, so this is frustrating.

Things I have tried (different combinations of below)

Different roms (hypeerdrive, liquidsmooth, CM, SlimKat, Venomous)

Modems (mdl (original), Mk2, Nb1)

changing preferred networks

I have searchedand taken all the advice I can see. Let me know any info that might help, I am pulling my hair out here. It is frustrating because other than gps, it seems that all of the roms function perfectly

Did you try any GPS fix apps that change the GPS server to one for your country? Some ROMs come with one, like one called FasterFix or something.