[ROM] CM9 Kangs WIFI 2012.05.11

Search This thread

ganiman

Nov 19, 2010
Upgraded to the April 17 build, like the CM9 animation, but I have to ask. Why do boot animations suck on the Gatb 10? No matter which it is, they perform horribly. Why is that? Even the stock one was never smooth. The smoothest boot animation I have seen is the AOKP one, and its unicorn which I hate having on boot. The CM9 and the ICS Nexus one are terrible in terms of how smooth they play. My G2 is so smooth with the new CM9 one, so I have to wonder.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

coalee

Aug 23, 2010
Palmerston North
Upgraded to the April 17 build, like the CM9 animation, but I have to ask. Why do boot animations suck on the Gatb 10? No matter which it is, they perform horribly. Why is that? Even the stock one was never smooth. The smoothest boot animation I have seen is the AOKP one, and its unicorn which I hate having on boot. The CM9 and the ICS Nexus one are terrible in terms of how smooth they play. My G2 is so smooth with the new CM9 one, so I have to wonder.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
I don't think there is problem about boot animation. In my opinion, there are lot of CPU / IO load when android booting up (there are many processes startup in the background) that can reduce boot animation frame rate. But nothing major. so, no reason to worry. :)

ganiman

Nov 19, 2010
Just saying, with my G2 which has a lot less horsepower than the GTab does, plays all it's animations smooth like butter. I don't see a clear reason why this tablet struggles at all with it.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

jarjar26

Sep 8, 2011
Lévis
Upgraded to the April 17 build yesterday, and since that, my internet (if it's not my network connectivity is unstable, after few minutes of navigation, i can't communicate anymore with the external world, i need to reboot the tablet :(

guih

Jan 5, 2011
Just saying, with my G2 which has a lot less horsepower than the GTab does, plays all it's animations smooth like butter. I don't see a clear reason why this tablet struggles at all with it.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

it also has to do with the fact that a lot of these bootanimations aren't formatted for our tabs. Task's boot animation, for example, runs as smooth as it can be. I doubt it really makes a statement about our Tabs performance.

redram38

Nov 10, 2009
New to ICS on the tab. SO far I like the difference in performance. MLB at bat actually plays videos and splashtop HD works very well. The only issue I am having is some random reboots and when I woke up today and went to get the Tab it was booting on the boot animation and just kept going and going and going. I had to reboot by holding the power and vol down and since has not had the issue.

Itchiee

Sep 30, 2007
Somewhere Else
New to ICS on the tab. SO far I like the difference in performance. MLB at bat actually plays videos and splashtop HD works very well. The only issue I am having is some random reboots and when I woke up today and went to get the Tab it was booting on the boot animation and just kept going and going and going. I had to reboot by holding the power and vol down and since has not had the issue.

I had that happen once as well and not sure what caused it. :confused:

sterz85

Jul 15, 2010
Troy, MI
just a quick question before i update to 4.17,

when i open up rom manager, it says rom manager 5.0.0.6
when i boot into recovery, it always says clockworkmod recovery v4.0.0.4

where's this 'CWM 5.5.0.4' i keep hearing about? i clicked on the link in the first post, downloaded the one wifi CWM and updated it using odin. shouldn't i be seeing 5.5.0.4 somewhere when i open up rom manager?

Kayak83

Jul 23, 2010
ROM manager is becoming obsolete I think. Mine shows an old recovery as well. If you flashed it and have booted into the new recovery then you're fine. Mine shows the same too.

redram38

Nov 10, 2009
Well I spoke to soon about Splashtop HD it won't stay connected when trying access my computer from away from home. Seems the only Rom that will allow this is Bindroids. Does anyone else here use Splashtop and is it working right for you.

Coffeebeans

Jan 29, 2012
Well I spoke to soon about Splashtop HD it won't stay connected when trying access my computer from away from home. Seems the only Rom that will allow this is Bindroids. Does anyone else here use Splashtop and is it working right for you.

It always disconnects for me when I open the keyboard away from home. I've been using the windows on screen keyboard as a workaround, it works but it's not the best.

Isilmalith

Jul 15, 2009

I'm on a earlier version of this ROM here, but its works flawlessly for me.

elena11

Aug 11, 2010
The Apr 20th build is the smoothest and fastest for me so far. Thank you very much!!!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

John NHT

Aug 2, 2011
Philadelphia
just a quick question before i update to 4.17,

when i open up rom manager, it says rom manager 5.0.0.6
when i boot into recovery, it always says clockworkmod recovery v4.0.0.4

where's this 'CWM 5.5.0.4' i keep hearing about? i clicked on the link in the first post, downloaded the one wifi CWM and updated it using odin. shouldn't i be seeing 5.5.0.4 somewhere when i open up rom manager?

ClockworkMod - 5.5.0.4 - Updated: 03/18/12) is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1090289 or here: http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=2487

The md5 is flashed using Odin.

Hope this helps a little bit...

Top Liked Posts