[ROM]16-11-12 Dark Passion Unofficial ParanoidAndroid 2.55 | Fully Inverted | Online

Search This thread

lolmensch

Jul 14, 2009
FarFarAway
no idea if it is possible without having an immense amount of work but maybe just in case you could try to merge some of the samsung framework so that we can install those nice spen apps and maybe the samsung camera.

probably will be pretty dirty hacking so better use some gloves :p

just in case you have too much spare time ^^

Last edited:

Utacka

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 19, 2012
Stockholm
www.utacka.se
Well I'm guessing there is not that many issues as we haven't had a load of posts saying this and that doesn't work.... We've got to thank the PA and CM guys for that, but mainly imilka for merging those changes into his repo on github. As far as the spen goes, I will try to get hold of utacka to see what he cherry picked to get it working :D

Well you can check gerrit now since its merged to cm sources, thou you either need to fork it with pa sources or cherry-pick it. Depending if you have your own github or not.

Skickat från min GT-N7100 via Tapatalk 2

Reactions: MadCobbler

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Well you can check gerrit now since its merged to cm sources, thou you either need to fork it with pa sources or cherry-pick it. Depending if you have your own github or not.

Thanks man you're a star... I had just checked your github and noticed lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Just FYI, in case you have not contacted D4rk

I don't quite get why you've posted this.... I've got the Same version over on the Galaxy Nexus forum and the lead developer from PA (molesarecoming) has posted in the thread giving me hints and tips on the new per app colour prefs, so I would imagine if he had a problem with it he would've let me know there and then. If anyone of the PA team had a problem with this build, I'm damn sure they would have let me know by now.

I've thanked everyone I should have, I've listed where I've got the source from... All I've really done is give it a dark look and stayed true to what PA is all about.

So if you don't have anything constructive to say... Don't say anything....

Reactions: Reb0rn

Utacka

Apr 19, 2012
Stockholm
www.utacka.se
I don't quite get why you've posted this.... I've got the Same version over on the Galaxy Nexus forum and the lead developer from PA (molesarecoming) has posted in the thread giving me hints and tips on the new per app colour prefs, so I would imagine if he had a problem with it he would've let me know there and then. If anyone of the PA team had a problem with this build, I'm damn sure they would have let me know by now.

I've thanked everyone I should have, I've listed where I've got the source from... All I've really done is give it a dark look and stayed true to what PA is all about.

He has been spamming all over the forum for no reason at all. Ignore/Report him as stuff like this if needed can be taken through PM.

D.O.C

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jun 24, 2006
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus
We will deal with it, utacka is right, accusations of this nature should be dealt privately and made only by the original developer...now go on and forget about it , you guys have a good thing going on here. :)

Last edited:

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
We will deal with it, utacka is right, accusations of this nature should be dealt privately and made only by the original developer...now go on and forget about it , you guys have a good thing going on here. :)

Thanks again for all the support as xda now can be a daunting place for new devs and romance. People always trying to hate and cause bad vibes. PA is well known now and we are all spreading it's goodness to all devices.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

austin_dreq

May 28, 2011
Kuwait
Motorola Moto G100 / Edge S
Welcome PA to NOTE II

Thanks again for all the support as xda now can be a daunting place for new devs and romance. People always trying to hate and cause bad vibes. PA is well known now and we are all spreading it's goodness to all devices.

Wow, three weeks ago I was dreaming of PA in NOTE II, now I have two. Unfortunately, internet reached threshold and speed reduced.

But great to see both PA ROM are helping each other... If PA ROM is good in my S2, will be BEAST (best and great) in my NOTE 2!

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
I've compiled a Pacman rom for the galaxy nexus but the guys at PA don't want me to use the paranoidpreferences.apk in the rom as that's their thing and don't wish for it to be associated with anything else other than PA, which is fair enough, they've worked hard on it. So I'm not allowed to put it in the rom... but that doesn't stop the user putting it in there ;)

qureyoon

Nov 19, 2010
Singapore

OK, first I think I need to aplogize, since it seems that my intention was misunderstood. As I posted, it is just FYI, for information, since PA is not moles alone, but d4rk as well.

Probably I should do this via PM.

He has been spamming all over the forum for no reason at all. Ignore/Report him as stuff like this if needed can be taken through PM.

And I apologize to you as well Utacka.

And D.O.C, thanks as always for handling this in your diplomatic way. I've been a fan of HyperDroid for so long :)

_______

Last, I apologize again.

Now, I just need to pick which PA will I use later :D

It's a bit confusing to see all 3 threads, all PA, all same screenshots etc. :D

Reactions: D.O.C

KyJelly69

Apr 26, 2010
Indianapolis
I've compiled a Pacman rom for the galaxy nexus but the guys at PA don't want me to use the paranoidpreferences.apk in the rom as that's their thing and don't wish for it to be associated with anything else other than PA, which is fair enough, they've worked hard on it. So I'm not allowed to put it in the rom... but that doesn't stop the user putting it in there ;)

I would still need a ACman (for lack of a better name) ROM to put the paranoidpreferences.apk into.

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Yes I'm on it with the PACman rom but its kinda hard as the n7100 hasn't got a repo on the cm github, and the build script for the PACman rom seems to constantly want to check the cm github for updates, so when it can't find it on the cm github it errors... it might take me a little while but I will work it out...

Reactions: KyJelly69

Utacka

Apr 19, 2012
Stockholm
www.utacka.se
Yes I'm on it with the PACman rom but its kinda hard as the n7100 hasn't got a repo on the cm github, and the build script for the PACman rom seems to constantly want to check the cm github for updates, so when it can't find it on the cm github it errors... it might take me a little while but I will work it out...

Not possible to lunch and skip the kitchen script?

Last edited:

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Well not to worry about PACman for the time being as PA 2.54 will be coming your way soon

Reactions: KyJelly69

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Three Musketeers Proudly Present.....

Welcome to the Darkside....
    Dark Passion - Unofficial Paranoid Android 2.55

This started as me compiling Paranoid for a few friends over on the Galaxy Nexus and then after a while it was getting modified everytime I compiled it, to add more and more 'Inverted Apps' and its got to the stage now where its all just about inverted.... when one of my friends suggested we should release it on there because it was 'good enough' we thought why the hell not... So now one of the team has a Galaxy Note 2 and he's pestered me till I compiled one for him (only joking man ;)) so here it is...

As stated this is compiled from source by me. Its just the plain compile, with no cherry picks (yet). We have added various things and taken some out to make it better for us and we will be releasing as is. Now this is made for our little circle of friends and I will not be changing it from how it is now... So please don't ask for the old apps to be added back. If you want a plain standard version of Paranoid, use the official version as that is the benchmark we all try to rise too ;)

I will endeavor to update at least once a week, and update the inverted apps accordingly. Some of the inverted apps I use like Google+ will obviously try to update through Play Store when they are updated. If you update it will revert it to normal, so just simply turn off auto updates for them

ROMInfo.png

Code:
    CHANGELOG:

Dark Passion 2.55
    Updated all Device and Kernel files to Cyanogenmod (which means s pen gestures :))
    Updated Vendor Files
    Updated Gapps

Dark Passion 2.54
    Paranoid Android Updates
    Updated Gapps

Dark Passion 2.53
    Initial Release
    Removed Apollo Music
    Added Awesome Beats modded DSP manager
    Added a few Themes
    Added Inverted Keyboard

This rom isn't made to compete with any other roms out there. Its just made by us and released to be another option to whats already out there... If you don't like what we've done here, don't use it...

Install.png

Check post 3 for Install descriptions

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the thanks bit now... firstly the other Musketeers...
    Benjamin.j.Goodwin - for being an absolute star, giving me pointers and helping... although sometimes he doesn't think he's helping but he is
    Shingers5 - for his tireless testing, ideas and generally keeping me on my toes... and of course being a legend

Thanks also goes out to
    Massive thanks to Utacka for giving me some good pointers
    CM team
    PA team
    DutchDanny - for getting me started and for being very patient while I was asking silly questions
    BinDroid Team for loads of help when I first started
    los1010 for the awesome beats
    joeyfettucine from themikmik.com for the inverted Facebook
    rujeluss22 for most of the other inverted apps
    JusTUN_Bean for the fixed Email/Exchange
    XDA for just about everything else
    If you think you need to be thanked, just let me know ;)

Download.png

Dark Passion 2.55

Inverted GApps

Older Versions

Dark Passion 2.53
    Dark Passion 2.54
    Screens.png

Xperia%201.jpg
    Xperia%203.jpg
    Xperia%204.jpg
    Xperia%205.jpg
    Xperia%206.jpg

These are screenshots took from the Xperia T but you get the idea... ;)

If you want to support us... Use our banner ;)

MusketeersAddictB%26W.png

MusketeersAddictW%26B.png
    Sorry guys if you're having probs with the new build I will pull it and re-compile... I always 'make clobber' before I do a build, I know it takes longer, but you always get a fresh build...
    How to install

This guide is based on my install procedure to ensure optimal performance. I am aware that we all have our own preferred methods but I have realised that by following OP procedure its much easier to get help and figure out flashing related issues:
    This guide is based on the assumption you have a form of recovery be it CWM and TWRP installed and ready to flash..........I have CWM
    - boot into recovery using extended power menu or 3rd party app or 3 button combo home, vol down and power
    - in recovery do a nandroid backup from backup/restore menu
    - wipe data/factory reset
    - in mounts and storage format system
    - install zip from sdcard and choose rom zip to install
    - install inverted gapps
    - wipe cache
    - in advanced wipe dalvik cache and fix permissions
    - reboot system
    I have found that wiping cache and dalvik after installing rom and gapps ensures a clean install on reboot.
    This is the exact method I used to install the rom so if u have any issues after using this method then please report it to us. If you used your own method then we may not be able to offer adequate support. thanks for reading and hope you enjoy the rom

Nfc didn't work but utaka's fix worked here.

Its really a nice rom. Really well planed and beautiful and cohesive in its presentation.

Like the themes u have added as standard. Cool.

Overall an really nice addition to the xda scene. Specially for Samsung phones. Thank you!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2