[THEME]Masque Of The Red Death for TWRP 2.6.0.0

Search This thread

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
This is a black and red theme based off of the famous work by Edgar Allen Poe. Its a great theme and i put quite a bit of time into it. Hope you all like it.
preview1_zps182fd030.png~original
preview2_zps78c698c3.png~original

How To install
1.Navigate to Internal Storage (if you are on a 4.3 rom it will be in "sdcard0) than open your TWRP Folder
2.Create a folder inside your TWRP folder named "theme" (do not capitalize the name of this folder or it wont work)
3.Paste UI.zip in your "theme" folder and reboot your recovery

Attachments

• UI.zip
    690.7 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Awesome!

Thanks for this, I really appreciate it!

Ya im kind of ocd with my colors lol...in my opinion the phone itself by default is black and red so i try to keep it that way as much as possible lol. Hence why im also building a black and red theme chooser theme and icon pack just for this phone (should be usable on other phones too) and also more than likely gonna be doing other color variations for those that like the other colors

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Thanks xanda it means a lot to actually hear it and feel appreciated every now and then

Sent from my P4R4N01D R3D D347H 4.3 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: nemstar

lancasterv3

Oct 24, 2010
seriously this theme is sick! Thank you so much! red is my favorite color and i have to say you nailed this! if you make any other red themed stuff let me know I'll be a tester!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
seriously this theme is sick! Thank you so much! red is my favorite color and i have to say you nailed this! if you make any other red themed stuff let me know I'll be a tester!

Im actually currently in the midst of building a theme chooser theme and an icon set that will be black and red and I did base this twrp theme off of it a little....may make a mod to modify the systemui from blue to red as well

XAlexander_AlexanderX

May 8, 2012
I love this. Especially when the screen locks and you have the grim reaper pointing at you.

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
I love this. Especially when the screen locks and you have the grim reaper pointing at you.

Actually to educate you a little bit on the "grim reaper" character. In the famous short story " The Masque of The Red Death" by Edgar Allen Poe the grim reaper you see is actually the portrayal of a plaque simply known as the red death. The plague was obviously made up by Poe and was believed he used this metaphor as his wife had tuberculosis. But in the story a creature dressed as such shows up at a masquerade ball and "plagues" everyone around. its a good read if your into that kinda stuff.

XAlexander_AlexanderX

May 8, 2012
Actually to educate you a little bit on the "grim reaper" character. In the famous short story " The Masque of The Red Death" by Edgar Allen Poe the grim reaper you see is actually the portrayal of a plaque simply known as the red death. The plague was obviously made up by Poe and was believed he used this metaphor as his wife had tuberculosis. But in the story a creature dressed as such shows up at a masquerade ball and "plagues" everyone around. its a good read if your into that kinda stuff.

Wow. I Didn't know that this had a story behind it. I shall read more about this *puts on glasses*. Lol

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Wow. I Didn't know that this had a story behind it. I shall read more about this *puts on glasses*. Lol

Ya lol....Edgar Allen Poe is one of my favorite inspirations for poetry...as im sort of a writer myself. And this is one of his best works of art. i mean hell look at my user name.."RAVEN" except in my nerd terms "REV3N"..kinda gives it away lol

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Quick update...did alot of work for the theme chooser theme tonight...I'll say its looking quite sick and awesome for an unfinished black and red theme...however it is 4:30am so i'm calling it a night...just know ill always be doing stuff like this for you guys...your a great group and community to do work for...thats why im keeping it free so everyone can enjoy it as I know theres people that will...goodnight my xda family lol

webculb

Dec 16, 2010
Quick update...did alot of work for the theme chooser theme tonight...I'll say its looking quite sick and awesome for an unfinished black and red theme...however it is 4:30am so i'm calling it a night...just know ill always be doing stuff like this for you guys...your a great group and community to do work for...thats why im keeping it free so everyone can enjoy it as I know theres people that will...goodnight my xda family lol

Well thank you so much for doing this work for us.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a black and red theme based off of the famous work by Edgar Allen Poe. Its a great theme and i put quite a bit of time into it. Hope you all like it.
    preview1_zps182fd030.png~original
    preview2_zps78c698c3.png~original

How To install
    1.Navigate to Internal Storage (if you are on a 4.3 rom it will be in "sdcard0) than open your TWRP Folder
    2.Create a folder inside your TWRP folder named "theme" (do not capitalize the name of this folder or it wont work)
    3.Paste UI.zip in your "theme" folder and reboot your recovery

Im actually currently in the midst of building a theme chooser theme and an icon set that will be black and red and I did base this twrp theme off of it a little....may make a mod to modify the systemui from blue to red as well
    Awesome!

Thanks for this, I really appreciate it!

Ya im kind of ocd with my colors lol...in my opinion the phone itself by default is black and red so i try to keep it that way as much as possible lol. Hence why im also building a black and red theme chooser theme and icon pack just for this phone (should be usable on other phones too) and also more than likely gonna be doing other color variations for those that like the other colors
    As far as I know...it works on any version 2.5 and up....I just updated to 2.6.1.0 and it works on that version as well

Sent from my P4R4N01D R3D D347H 4.3 using xda app-developers app