[ROM]●●[TF700T][miniCROMi-X 2.0.1][JB 4.2.1 | OC | OV | DEODEX 10.6.1.27.5][FEB 14]●●

Search This thread

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
[ROM]●●[TF700T][miniCROMi-X 2.0.1][JB 4.2.1 | OC | OV | DEODEX 10.6.1.27.5][FEB 14]●●

miniCROMi-X ROM - Lite version of CROMi-X with ROM2SD support

B9Co5VV.jpg

7ChRB99.jpg

TVhLJJX.jpg

Changelog
miniCROMi-X v2.0.1 - Released 14/02/2014
o Fixed installer script not waiting for /system to become available before attempting to mount
o Updated Super User to version 1.93
o Updated Google Core Services to latest version

miniCROMi-X v2.0 - Released 30/01/2014
o Updated Framework-res to version that doesn't need cromi-control installed.
o Recompiled framework-res.apk with TF701T default wallpaper. Goodbye Asus Tree ;)
o Reverted services.jar and framework.jar to pre cromi-control versions
o Removed cromi-control
o Modded SystemUI.apk and Transformer.apk to remove sd card and dock notifications
o Updated LMK's Extreme Tweaks to version 1.6
o Updated LMK's init.cardhu.rc for ROM2SD compatibilty for better kernel integration
o Modified MiniC Launcher to 3 screens, new default wallpaper, 9x6 icons on 4.2 and removed screen indicators
o Updated Superuser and binary to latest version 1.91
o Moved Flash Player to /data/app
o Updated Google Play services and keyboard to latest versions
o Fixed Google Keyboard not defaulting on clean install when Asus keyboard is not installed
o Updated Hosts file
o Zip Aligned all system apks
o Changed Bootanimation to TF701T Stock

Old Versions:
Code:
[B]miniCROMi-X v1.3 - Released 01/12/2013[/B]
o	Updated LetMeKnow's tweaks to v1.3
o	Updated SuperUser and Binary to version 1.80
o	Updated Google Play Services to latest version
o	Updated Google Keyboard to latest version
o	Updated Normal install so it doesn't install ROM2SD compatibility anymore

[B]miniCROMi-X v1.2a - Released 15/11/2013[/B]
o	Fixed missing popup search bar when holding on text in v1.2a
o	Applied LetMeKnow's power saving build.prop edit to assist fixing WiFi slowing down
o	Fixed the missing Settings Status which was cauing force closes
o	Removed facelock app, lib and face detection models from ROM
o	Removed blocklayoutdriver.ko as not used
o	Removed libereader.so as no Asus Reader app included
o	Fixed keyboard permissions
o	Updated SuperUser and SU binary to version 1.69

Created Patch for Asus Keyboard which fixes dock layout for non-US models

B]miniCROMi-X v1.1 - Released 10/11/2013[/B]
o	Name changed to miniCROMi-X or miniC for short ;)
o	Calendar sync adapter added to allow Google Calendar to sync properly
o	Updated Google Play Services to version 4.0.31
o	Updated Google Keyboard to version 2.0.18933.905102a
o	Removed GoogleBackupTransport.apk, GoogleFeedback.apk
o	Added Keyboard.apk back in for Dock compatibility

[B]CROMini-X v1.0 - Released 04/11/2013[/B]
o	Name changed to CROMini-X
o	Aroma-less - normal installer - no options - 2 versions - normal and rom2sd
o	Massively debloated ROM. Half the size of CROMi-X. Most Google and Asus Apps removed - should have 500MB free RAM on boot
o	ROM2SD compatible. You need 2 Ext4 partitions on your MicroSD for it to work. Thanks to _that
o	CROMi-X Extreme tweaks and CROMI-CONTROL app installed by default
o	Applied LMK's ET 1.1, hotplug interface set to 0,0,0. Quadrant on perf should be around 7000 and stable
o	Updated Hunds app to version 2.4
o	Added newer implementation of BusyBox that has better compatibility from trickster mod site
o	Removed email widget and task manager widget
o	Removed all wallpapers from Launcher apart form TF701T default - now only 5mb :)
o	Resized Google Boot Animation
o	You can install most add on apps from the store and use titanium backup to move to /system if you wish :) Or just install CROMi-X ;)
Credits to _that & Hundsbuah for the kernel and LetMeKnow for the kernel tweaks and elesbb for CROMi-Control

Remember you must have a fast microSD card formatted with a fat32, ext4 for /data and ext4 for /system in GPARTED for Rom2sd.
1. You need a fast microsd card - preferably at least a 16GB Class 10 - UHS-1 card like a sandisk or Samsung with a read speed of over 20MB/s
2. You need to use Linux or how I did it a GParted ISO on a Bootable USB Stick on a PC ;)
3. In GParted set up your micro sd with 3 partitions all primary (no logical) in this order FAT32, EXT4, EXT4
They will be used as SDCARD, /data, /system in that order so I recommend the following sizes for a 16GB sdcard; 4GB for SDCard, 11GB for /data and 1GB for system or thereabouts.
If you used a 32GB or 64GB card then increase the SDCard and /data partitions as you see fit (I went with 16GB, 47GB and 1GB on my 64GB card)
4. The ROM now flashes the correct preinit script files to your normal system setup so as long as you have a _that or hunds based kernel it will detect your ROM2SD automatically ;)
5. Install the ROM2SD version and let it finish. Let it reboot.
6. You should be presented with a clean install setup wizard when it boots if it has worked. If it hasn't worked you will be back at your previous CROMi-X/miniC installation launcher.
7. Job done - set up your ROM2SD however you like - it can't interfere with your normal setup ;)
8. You will notice 2 folders on root - datai and sdcardi - these allow you to see your internal /datai and sdcardi partitions if you wish to copy files over ;)
9. As long as the SDCard is inserted you will boot to ROM2SD, remove it (not whilst in android unless you want to crash) and on that boot you will switch back to your normal miniC or CROMi-X if you installed that to SD.

DOWNLOADS

miniC Normal Download
miniCROMi-X DEODEX v2.0.1_Signed.zip - 230 MB - Mirror 1
miniCROMi-X DEODEX v2.0.1_Signed.zip - 230 MB - Mirror 2

md5: 2362a85541f1ac6adc448397b26e1bf2

miniC Rom2SD Download
miniCROMi-X DEODEX v2.0.1_ROM2SD_Signed.zip - 230 MB - Mirror 1
miniCROMi-X DEODEX v2.0.1_ROM2SD_Signed.zip - 230 MB - Mirror 2

md5: 957a38f97109a2243756b473db3f924e

For those of you missing the dock layouts for your language please flash this patch. It will install the necessary files so you can set the dock language in the Asus Keyboard which dictates what the dock should use ;)

Download Asus Keyboard Patch

md5: bee82d0e73ac0d5b2185417fa416e0a9

Use this patch if you want to remove the google keyboard.

Download Google Keyboard Removal Patch

md5: efcc6216af60feb7cba8dfab72daeac8

If you want to backup and restore to your ROM2SD setup flash the following file first in TWRP as it shifts TWRP to see the microsd as internal. Flash it again to return back to internal. All credits to _that for that ;)

ROM2SD1.zip - 144 KB - Mirror 1
md5: 7b699136d59ea3d5538570ccaf422acf

XDA:DevDB Information
miniCROMi-X, a ROM for the Asus Transformer TF700

Contributors
sbdags, LetMeKnow, hundsbuah elesbb, pjc21, _that, flumpster
ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
ROM Firmware Required: Bootloader 10.6.1.x version compatible
Based On: Asus Source

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.0.1
Stable Release Date: 2014-01-30
Previous Version: 2.0
Previous Release Date: 2013-01-30

Created 2013-11-10
Last Updated 2014-02-14

Last edited:

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
miniC Addons

miniCROMi-X Add Ons

Kernel & Tweaks Installer - DOWNLOAD

Kernel & Tweaks Installer v5.2 - Updated Jan 06, 2014
For those who want to switch Kernels quickly, enable data2sd, rom2sd, cache2sd, change DPI, change res, disable / enable fsync and other tweaks

Note for Data2SD and Rom2SD you must have the correct ext partitions on your external sd card. See instructions here

Kernels:

TF700T : ASUS 10.6.1.27.5 Stock Kernel by sbdags

TF700T : _that 10.6.1.14.8 Modded Stock Kernel v4 Data2SD Compatible, Row Scheduler, UV, CIFS, ISO9660 and Fsync Control. By _that

TF700T : _that 10.6.1.14.10 Over Clocked Modded Stock Kernel v7 Rom2SD, Data2SD Compatible, Row Scheduler, UV, CIFS, ISO9660 and Fsync Control. By _that
You will have 3 options for Kernel CPU Speeds, all with GPU at 650MHz:
1518 - Power Save 1GHz, Balanced 1.5GHz, Performance 1.8GHz
1315 - Power Save 1GHz, Balanced 1.3GHz, Performance 1.5GHz
1318 - Power Save 1GHz, Balanced 1.3GHz, Performance 1.8GHz

TF700T : Hunds 10.6.1.14.10 Modded Kernel v3.4.4 BETA - Rom2SD, Data2SD Compatible, Overclocked, UV, Multi Scheduler, Fsync Control, Tweak App by Hundsbuah

TF700T : Max 10.6.1.14.8 Linaro Kernel Reloaded v4 RC3 BETA - Overclocked with dynamic Fsync Control by maxrdlf95

TF300T/G/TF201/ME301 : ASUS 10.6.1.27.5 Stock Kernel By sbdags

TF300T/G/TF201/ME301 : _that 10.6.1.14.8 Modded Stock Kernel v4 Rom2SD, Data2SD Compatible, Row Scheduler, UV, CIFS, ISO9660 and Fsync Control. By _that

TF300T/G/TF201/ME301 : _that 10.6.1.14.10 Over Clocked Modded Stock Kernel v7 Rom2SD, Data2SD Compatible, Row Scheduler, UV, CIFS, ISO9660 and Fsync Control. By _that

TF300T : Hunds 10.6.1.8.4 Modded Kernel v11 - Data2SD Compatible, Overclocked, UV, Multi Scheduler, Fsync Control, Tweak App by Hundsbuah

TF201 : Hunds 10.6.1.8.4 Modded Kernel v3.3.2 - Data2SD Compatible, Overclocked, UV, Multi Scheduler, Fsync Control, Tweak App by Hundsbuah

TF300T/G/TF201/ME301 : Max 10.6.1.14.8 Linaro Kernel Reloaded v4 RC2 BETA - Overclocked with dynamic Fsync Control by maxrdlf95

TF201 : Max 10.6.1.14.8 Linaro Kernel Reloaded v4 RC3 BETA - Overclocked with dynamic Fsync Control by maxrdlf95

Tweaks:

Data2sd enabling / disabling (only works with _that's and hunds kernels)

DPI Change

Resolution Change (TF700 Only : 1920 x 1200 or 1280 x 800)

Fsync Disabled / Enabled

GPU rendering or CPU software rendering

CPU Over-Volt by 50mV

CPU Under-Volt by 50mV

GPU Under-Volt (hunds only)

Cache2SD (Experimental)

DOWNLOAD Kernel Installer v5.2 Mirror 1

DOWNLOAD Kernel Installer v5.2 Mirror 2

MD5: ae34db3e891f5b96c82a5f124ddf6dc8

==================================================================================================

Various Kernel Benchmarks

Right benchmarks with various kernel options:

All were taken on CROMi-X 5.1 Odex with default options at 240dpi unless otherwise stated (fsync off / on). I've used quadrant as most people understand the results - I know it's not the best and I did 3 tests each time and took the 3rd result.

Stock - fsync on - 5672
36lLrlI.jpg

_that v4 - fsync off - 5981
EZW240w.jpg

_that v4 - fsync on + data2sd - 5745
19iv7fd.jpg

_thatv5 - fsync on - 6267
QFhXhjl.jpg

_that v5 - fsync off - 6414
OAZDezM.jpg

_that v5 - fsync on + data2sd - 6143
OGbOUjA.jpg

Hunds + ET - fsync on - 6684
hyiyFZL.jpg

Hunds + ET - fsync off - 7245
yWx7v7G.jpg

Hunds + ET - fsync on + data2sd - 6725
Utll82Y.jpg

Hunds - fsync off - 6805
Lul8QTl.jpg

Hunds - fsync on +data2sd - 6597
TqPlv18.jpg

So data2sd doesn't really offer that much if you keep fsync on. It does feel faster when loading large games and files. The issue is it is a bit more unstable and easier to corrupt the data partition if you have fsync off. Same risk with normal data I suppose but less likely to corrupt due to less sponteneous reboots.

Is data2sd worth it? Only if you want to use your tablet whilst downloading large files or play store updates or you are prone to corruption with fsync off. Otherwise you can achieve at least the same speed with fsync off although with a risk to corrupt your data partition eventually.

Last edited:

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Bernd! Many thanks for the first donation of miniCROMi-X. :)

You're more than welcome!

But could I trouble you for more detailed instructions for thick headed noobs like me on the ROM2SD installation?
I'm good until point 5), but then....

How's the hell do you install mini-X to the microSD?
I understand that once installed on a microSD with the correct partitions the kernel (??) will auto-detect it and boot into the rom installed on the card.

But how do you install? Boot into TWRP with miniCROMi-X on the fat32 partition of the card and just install from there?

I have to admit, it's late and I'm lazy. Just got finished with a clean install of 5.1.2 (which btw is super smooooth so far) and would hate to flash over that if I'm wrong. :p

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
You're more than welcome!

But could I trouble you for more detailed instructions for thick headed noobs like me on the ROM2SD installation?
I'm good until point 5), but then....

How's the hell do you install mini-X to the microSD?
I understand that once installed on a microSD with the correct partitions the kernel (??) will auto-detect it and boot into the rom installed on the card.

But how do you install? Boot into TWRP with miniCROMi-X on the fat32 partition of the card and just install from there?

I have to admit, it's late and I'm lazy. Just got finished with a clean install of 5.1.2 (which btw is super smooooth so far) and would hate to flash over that if I'm wrong. :p

I'm going to get a full guide written mate on how to get the parted iso create a bootable usb and then use it ;) Give me a few days ;)

Also we have an alternative method for ROM2SD from _that that may make it even easier to install ;)

Jeffruby

Apr 10, 2010
I just tried to install, minicromi -and after twrp installed it, it didn't go into setup... just said reboot. At that point it would simply stick in a boot loop. Tried to reinstall boot loader and will retry. Really want to put all on my new SD card to speed this baby up

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Jeffruby

Apr 10, 2010
success!

Update: I can avoid the reboots if I pop out my SD card. So. Just installed mini, now will go back to twrp and pop in SD card (partitioned), and try to install rom2sd

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tap a talk

Keep in mind im a beginner!

Few words of advise:

1) I ended up using new cromi 5.1.2
2) you must install twice!!! first without the sd card (i had mine in and it caused problems)- and choose option to set up rom2sd
3) start device- then reboot again into twrp bootloader- and reinstall rom but choose rom2sd now---(now insert sd card!)

first time it crashed after rom2sd- but second time (switched to hunds) and boom...its a miracle...device is awesome!!!

side note- i DID use the micro explorer windows partition tool many said "doesnt work well"- had windows 8 device- worked like a charm.

worth the late night figuring this out.

sdbags- how can i donate! you are the man

Last edited:
Few words of advise:

1) I ended up using new cromi 5.1.2
2) you must install twice!!! first without the sd card (i had mine in and it caused problems)- and choose option to set up rom2sd
3) start device- then reboot again into twrp bootloader- and reinstall rom but choose rom2sd now---(now insert sd card!)

first time it crashed after rom2sd- but second time (switched to hunds) and boom...its a miracle...device is awesome!!!

side note- i DID use the micro explorer windows partition tool many said "doesnt work well"- had windows 8 device- worked like a charm.

worth the late night figuring this out.

I've been having a somewhat similar problem. I now tried your version, but I still end up with it upgrading the 87 apps, then it forever stalls at Android is upgrading... with the subtext Starting apps. I've installed it like 10 times, this last 2 times using your method (_that's OC then Hunds), no difference no matter what I try :crying:

It works fine without the card and the Rom2SD compatible option install. During second round Installed 5.1.2 both from internal memory with popping in the card midway, as you wrote and also from the card itself, left in, obviously.

When you make the partitions on the microSD card, do you give it a label or flag. I do neither. I'm at my wit's end... and wife's starting to get pissed off that I'm spending all day on this - again! :eek:

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I've been having a somewhat similar problem. I now tried your version, but I still end up with it upgrading the 87 apps, then it forever stalls at Android is upgrading... with the subtext Starting apps. I've installed it like 10 times, this last 2 times using your method (_that's OC then Hunds), no difference no matter what I try :crying:

It works fine without the card and the Rom2SD compatible option install. During second round Installed 5.1.2 both from internal memory with popping in the card midway, as you wrote and also from the card itself, left in, obviously.

When you make the partitions on the microSD card, do you give it a label or flag. I do neither. I'm at my wit's end... and wife's starting to get pissed off that I'm spending all day on this - again! :eek:

I don't understand what problems you guys are having, I have installed this 20 times plus and it works fine every time.

I gave my partitions labels - not sure if it matters.

So you have fat32, ext4 and ext4

You install the rom and you have two choices:

1. You install it without the ROM2SD compatibility and without ROM2SD as you only care about internal. (If you install it with ROM2SD compatibility it is going to try and boot from the SD card but you currently have nothing installed so it will never work - this will force you to have to boot with the card out)

2. You install the ROM2SD (this automatically forces compatibility to internal as well - maybe this is the confusion?). As long as the card is in it will boot to ROM2Sd but only as long as you have CROM-X or miniCROMi-X on internal.....

The only time you need to choose ROM2SD compatibility is when you already have a working rom on sd and you are upgrading internal.

Does that make sense?

Reactions: hwkroeger@gmail.com
So what you meant was:

1) Install it first the good old fashioned way choosing normal mode and let it boot and finish setup.
2) Then do the exact same thing again, only this time with the install Rom2SD option instead of the “normal” option.

Is that correct?

4. You must have already installed CROMi-X with ROM2SD compatibility selected from the installer and have it working - dirty or clean will work.

That part 4 sounds like my point 1 but with the compatibility option instead which you say don't work, hence the confusion.

I install two different boot animations so I can see where it's booting from. My point 1 is done and all good. Then I did point 2 and just like before it starts just fine, but then ends up stuck at the “Android is upgrading... Starting app.” screen and it never finishes. Last night I just did that too and this morning it was dead and out of battery (started with a full charge).

I'm dying to know what labels you gave your 3 partitions respectively. Since you didn't mention flags, I'm guessing you didn't flag one as boot for instance. This would be a really quick to change and see it that is where the dog lies burried.

Thanks for your quick reply btw. Mine a bit late as I just had to try out your suggestions.

Last edited:

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
So what you meant was:

1) Install it first the good old fashioned way choosing normal mode and let it boot and finish setup.
2) Then do the exact same thing again, only this time with the install Rom2SD option instead of the “normal” option.

Is that correct?

4. You must have already installed CROMi-X with ROM2SD compatibility selected from the installer and have it working - dirty or clean will work.

That part 4 sounds like my point 1 but with the compatibility option instead which you say don't work, hence the confusion.

I install two different boot animations so I can see where it's booting from. My point 1 is done and all good. Then I did point 2 and just like before it starts just fine, but then ends up stuck at the “Android is upgrading... Starting app.” screen and it never finishes. Last night I just did that too and this morning it was dead and out of battery (started with a full charge).

I'm dying to know what labels you gave your 3 partitions respectively. Since you didn't mention flags, I'm guessing you didn't flag one as boot for instance. This would be a really quick to change and see it that is where the dog lies burried.

Thanks for your quick reply btw. Mine a bit late as I just had to try out your suggestions.

Yes 1 and 2 are how I normally flash it. In fact I just did it again tonight and it worked fine.

4 and 5 (what happened to 3? :D ) will also work.

I'll think about the installer next time to make it a bit more obvious.

You don't need to flag anything - only primary partitions. Don't need to set boot flag.

I labelled mine like this:

FAT32 : STORAGE
EXT4 : SD-EXT
EXT4 : SYSTEM

But you could label them whatever you want.....

Stuck @ "Apps upgrading..." SOLVED!

Yes 1 and 2 are how I normally flash it. In fact I just did it again tonight and it worked fine.

4 and 5 (what happened to 3? :D ) will also work.

I'll think about the installer next time to make it a bit more obvious.

You don't need to flag anything - only primary partitions. Don't need to set boot flag.

I labelled mine like this:

FAT32 : STORAGE
EXT4 : SD-EXT
EXT4 : SYSTEM

But you could label them whatever you want.....

Not too sure about that just label them whatever part though. ;)

Originally (yesterday) I had it named it Partion 1, Partition 2 and Partition 3. Then today I removed the labels entirely and it still acted funny. Just now I popped in the card, ran GParted and noticed the 3rd partition was given the label SYSTEM during the previous non-functional installation, but the first 2 still had no label. My problem was the apps loading. I noticed the installation seemed longer and don't remember it saying: Optimizing SD-EXT or something to that effect, "installing Dropbox, installling Titanium" etc at the end of all that quickly passing text when I ran the Rom2SD install previously, but I'm so tired right now it might be something I'm just imagining.

All I can say now is that just the fact that I named them exactly like you named yours it now works brilliantly :highfive: and that "apps starting" part took a only a few seconds. It seems the installation, in my case at least, can't figure out that it needs to install the apps to 2nd partition without the label SD-EXT or more likely given the timing of failure, it just fails to load them from said partition.

To anyone reading this, just name your partitions like sbdags does, just to be on the safe side and you're likely naming them anyway, or if not, then it is 1 minute well spent.

I've wiped, installed, booted, setup, etc. on the wrong side of 20 times since yesterday morning and I'm almost in disbelief that it's actually working all of a sudden :victory: and so late that it's now bedtime and I'll have to wait till tomorrow to take the damn thing flyin' :(

Thanks dude :D
It's all the good people at xda like yourself that I think of and mention to friends and family as a shining example of hope for the future for the human race when experiencing or hearing about all the ****ty sides of human behaviour from crime to corrupt politicians, terrorists, bigots and just general lack of helpfulness and a willing spirit. It brings me a sense of hope :angel: I've grown quite cynical over the years, but xda is one of the things that keep me from becoming like the old dude in the animated movie Up. :silly:

When Asus (or Samsung etc.) lets you fall, it's comforting to know there's almost always someone here at xda to catch you before you hit the ground. :)

Good luck and good night fellow Gadgeteers! :D

I finished just in time to cuddle a bit with the missus before she falls asleep to try to make up for all the time I've been knee-deep in **** with my head stuck between the screen and the keyboard during any free-time in the last two days. :silly:

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Not too sure about that just label them whatever part though. ;)

Originally (yesterday) I had it named it Partion 1, Partition 2 and Partition 3. Then today I removed the labels entirely and it still acted funny. Just now I popped in the card, ran GParted and noticed the 3rd partition was given the label SYSTEM during the previous non-functional installation, but the first 2 still had no label. My problem was the apps loading. I noticed the installation seemed longer and don't remember it saying: Optimizing SD-EXT or something to that effect, "installing Dropbox, installling Titanium" etc at the end of all that quickly passing text when I ran the Rom2SD install previously, but I'm so tired right now it might be something I'm just imagining.

All I can say now is that just the fact that I named them exactly like you named yours it now works brilliantly :highfive: and that "apps starting" part took a only a few seconds. It seems the installation, in my case at least, can't figure out that it needs to install the apps to 2nd partition without the label SD-EXT or more likely given the timing of failure, it just fails to load them from said partition.

To anyone reading this, just name your partitions like sbdags does, just to be on the safe side and you're likely naming them anyway, or if not, then it is 1 minute well spent.

I've wiped, installed, booted, setup, etc. on the wrong side of 20 times since yesterday morning and I'm almost in disbelief that it's actually working all of a sudden :victory: and so late that it's now bedtime and I'll have to wait till tomorrow to take the damn thing flyin' :(

Thanks dude :D
It's all the good people at xda like yourself that I think of and mention to friends and family as a shining example of hope for the future for the human race when experiencing or hearing about all the ****ty sides of human behaviour from crime to corrupt politicians, terrorists, bigots and just general lack of helpfulness and a willing spirit. It brings me a sense of hope :angel: I've grown quite cynical over the years, but xda is one of the things that keep me from becoming like the old dude in the animated movie Up. :silly:

When Asus (or Samsung etc.) lets you fall, it's comforting to know there's almost always someone here at xda to catch you before you hit the ground. :)

Good luck and good night fellow Gadgeteers! :D

I finished just in time to cuddle a bit with the missus before she falls asleep to try to make up for all the time I've been knee-deep in **** with my head stuck between the screen and the keyboard during any free-time in the last two days. :silly:

Wow thanks for the kind words! :good: Hmmm.... not sure why labelling them works - I just called them whatever popped into my head......

Reactions: Adso3000

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
For those of you missing the dock layouts for your language please flash this patch. It will install the necessary files so you can set the dock language in the Asus Keyboard which dictates what the dock should use ;)

md5: f9a5ad7acbd47b737db2c54e849ee6b8

Last edited:

Ali I Hagen

Nov 20, 2011
Seems to be working fine and smooth. Not sure if Browser2Ram is already implemented as standard?

How much screentime is people getting? Seems like the battery drain is bigger, but I have to give more charge cycles before I jump to conclusions.

Great work!

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Seems to be working fine and smooth. Not sure if Browser2Ram is already implemented as standard?

How much screentime is people getting? Seems like the battery drain is bigger, but I have to give more charge cycles before I jump to conclusions.

Great work!

Yes b2r is implemented by default as are hunds kernel with extreme tweaks. This is why your battery life isn't great. This ROM is designed for the speed demons. It comes over clocked and over volted.

rnormore

Mar 14, 2009
Search not working

Hi

I installed the rom yesterday and it's running great thanks! I am having one issue which I would like to be able to fix. When I select text by a long press on the screen the options show up to copy or search web but when I select search web it says Search Via - No apps can perform this action. Is there a app I can add that is missing to fix this?

Thanks

R.

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi

I installed the rom yesterday and it's running great thanks! I am having one issue which I would like to be able to fix. When I select text by a long press on the screen the options show up to copy or search web but when I select search web it says Search Via - No apps can perform this action. Is there a app I can add that is missing to fix this?

Thanks

R.

I'll have a look.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

B9Co5VV.jpg

7ChRB99.jpg

TVhLJJX.jpg

Changelog
    miniCROMi-X v2.0.1 - Released 14/02/2014
    o Fixed installer script not waiting for /system to become available before attempting to mount
    o Updated Super User to version 1.93
    o Updated Google Core Services to latest version

miniCROMi-X v2.0 - Released 30/01/2014
    o Recompiled framework-res.apk with TF701T default wallpaper. Goodbye Asus Tree ;)
    o Removed cromi-control
    o Modded SystemUI.apk and Transformer.apk to remove sd card and dock notifications
    o Updated LMK's init.cardhu.rc for ROM2SD compatibilty for better kernel integration
    o Modified MiniC Launcher to 3 screens, new default wallpaper, 9x6 icons on 4.2 and removed screen indicators
    o Fixed Google Keyboard not defaulting on clean install when Asus keyboard is not installed
    o Updated Hosts file
    o Changed Bootanimation to TF701T Stock

Old Versions:
    Code:
    [B]miniCROMi-X v1.3 - Released 01/12/2013[/B]
    o	Updated LetMeKnow's tweaks to v1.3
    o	Updated SuperUser and Binary to version 1.80
    o	Updated Google Play Services to latest version
    o	Updated Google Keyboard to latest version
    o	Updated Normal install so it doesn't install ROM2SD compatibility anymore

[B]miniCROMi-X v1.2a - Released 15/11/2013[/B]
    o	Fixed missing popup search bar when holding on text in v1.2a
    o	Applied LetMeKnow's power saving build.prop edit to assist fixing WiFi slowing down
    o	Fixed the missing Settings Status which was cauing force closes
    o	Removed facelock app, lib and face detection models from ROM
    o	Removed blocklayoutdriver.ko as not used
    o	Removed libereader.so as no Asus Reader app included
    o	Fixed keyboard permissions
    o	Updated SuperUser and SU binary to version 1.69

Created Patch for Asus Keyboard which fixes dock layout for non-US models

B]miniCROMi-X v1.1 - Released 10/11/2013[/B]
    o	Name changed to miniCROMi-X or miniC for short ;)
    o	Calendar sync adapter added to allow Google Calendar to sync properly
    o	Updated Google Play Services to version 4.0.31
    o	Updated Google Keyboard to version 2.0.18933.905102a
    o	Removed GoogleBackupTransport.apk, GoogleFeedback.apk
    o	Added Keyboard.apk back in for Dock compatibility

[B]CROMini-X v1.0 - Released 04/11/2013[/B]
    o	Name changed to CROMini-X
    o	Aroma-less - normal installer - no options - 2 versions - normal and rom2sd
    o	Massively debloated ROM. Half the size of CROMi-X. Most Google and Asus Apps removed - should have 500MB free RAM on boot
    o	ROM2SD compatible. You need 2 Ext4 partitions on your MicroSD for it to work. Thanks to _that
    o	CROMi-X Extreme tweaks and CROMI-CONTROL app installed by default
    o	Applied LMK's ET 1.1, hotplug interface set to 0,0,0. Quadrant on perf should be around 7000 and stable
    o	Updated Hunds app to version 2.4
    o	Added newer implementation of BusyBox that has better compatibility from trickster mod site
    o	Removed email widget and task manager widget
    o	Removed all wallpapers from Launcher apart form TF701T default - now only 5mb :)
    o	Resized Google Boot Animation
    o	You can install most add on apps from the store and use titanium backup to move to /system if you wish :) Or just install CROMi-X ;)
    Credits to _that & Hundsbuah for the kernel and LetMeKnow for the kernel tweaks and elesbb for CROMi-Control

Remember you must have a fast microSD card formatted with a fat32, ext4 for /data and ext4 for /system in GPARTED for Rom2sd.
    1. You need a fast microsd card - preferably at least a 16GB Class 10 - UHS-1 card like a sandisk or Samsung with a read speed of over 20MB/s
    2. You need to use Linux or how I did it a GParted ISO on a Bootable USB Stick on a PC ;)
    3. In GParted set up your micro sd with 3 partitions all primary (no logical) in this order FAT32, EXT4, EXT4
    They will be used as SDCARD, /data, /system in that order so I recommend the following sizes for a 16GB sdcard; 4GB for SDCard, 11GB for /data and 1GB for system or thereabouts.
    If you used a 32GB or 64GB card then increase the SDCard and /data partitions as you see fit (I went with 16GB, 47GB and 1GB on my 64GB card)
    4. The ROM now flashes the correct preinit script files to your normal system setup so as long as you have a _that or hunds based kernel it will detect your ROM2SD automatically ;)
    6. You should be presented with a clean install setup wizard when it boots if it has worked. If it hasn't worked you will be back at your previous CROMi-X/miniC installation launcher.
    7. Job done - set up your ROM2SD however you like - it can't interfere with your normal setup ;)
    8. You will notice 2 folders on root - datai and sdcardi - these allow you to see your internal /datai and sdcardi partitions if you wish to copy files over ;)
    9. As long as the SDCard is inserted you will boot to ROM2SD, remove it (not whilst in android unless you want to crash) and on that boot you will switch back to your normal miniC or CROMi-X if you installed that to SD.

DOWNLOADS

miniC Normal Download
    miniCROMi-X DEODEX v2.0.1_Signed.zip - 230 MB - Mirror 1
    miniCROMi-X DEODEX v2.0.1_Signed.zip - 230 MB - Mirror 2

md5: 2362a85541f1ac6adc448397b26e1bf2

miniC Rom2SD Download
    miniCROMi-X DEODEX v2.0.1_ROM2SD_Signed.zip - 230 MB - Mirror 1
    miniCROMi-X DEODEX v2.0.1_ROM2SD_Signed.zip - 230 MB - Mirror 2

md5: 957a38f97109a2243756b473db3f924e

md5: efcc6216af60feb7cba8dfab72daeac8

If you want to backup and restore to your ROM2SD setup flash the following file first in TWRP as it shifts TWRP to see the microsd as internal. Flash it again to return back to internal. All credits to _that for that ;)

ROM2SD1.zip - 144 KB - Mirror 1
    md5: 7b699136d59ea3d5538570ccaf422acf

XDA:DevDB Information
    miniCROMi-X, a ROM for the Asus Transformer TF700

Contributors
    sbdags, LetMeKnow, hundsbuah elesbb, pjc21, _that, flumpster
    ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Bootloader 10.6.1.x version compatible
    Based On: Asus Source

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.0.1
    Stable Release Date: 2014-01-30
    Previous Version: 2.0
    Previous Release Date: 2013-01-30

Created 2013-11-10
    Last Updated 2014-02-14
    miniC Addons

miniCROMi-X Add Ons

Kernel & Tweaks Installer - DOWNLOAD

Kernel & Tweaks Installer v5.2 - Updated Jan 06, 2014
    For those who want to switch Kernels quickly, enable data2sd, rom2sd, cache2sd, change DPI, change res, disable / enable fsync and other tweaks

Note for Data2SD and Rom2SD you must have the correct ext partitions on your external sd card. See instructions here

Kernels:

TF700T : ASUS 10.6.1.27.5 Stock Kernel by sbdags

TF700T : _that 10.6.1.14.8 Modded Stock Kernel v4 Data2SD Compatible, Row Scheduler, UV, CIFS, ISO9660 and Fsync Control. By _that

TF700T : _that 10.6.1.14.10 Over Clocked Modded Stock Kernel v7 Rom2SD, Data2SD Compatible, Row Scheduler, UV, CIFS, ISO9660 and Fsync Control. By _that
    You will have 3 options for Kernel CPU Speeds, all with GPU at 650MHz:
    1518 - Power Save 1GHz, Balanced 1.5GHz, Performance 1.8GHz
    1315 - Power Save 1GHz, Balanced 1.3GHz, Performance 1.5GHz
    1318 - Power Save 1GHz, Balanced 1.3GHz, Performance 1.8GHz

TF700T : Hunds 10.6.1.14.10 Modded Kernel v3.4.4 BETA - Rom2SD, Data2SD Compatible, Overclocked, UV, Multi Scheduler, Fsync Control, Tweak App by Hundsbuah

TF700T : Max 10.6.1.14.8 Linaro Kernel Reloaded v4 RC3 BETA - Overclocked with dynamic Fsync Control by maxrdlf95

TF300T/G/TF201/ME301 : ASUS 10.6.1.27.5 Stock Kernel By sbdags

TF300T/G/TF201/ME301 : _that 10.6.1.14.8 Modded Stock Kernel v4 Rom2SD, Data2SD Compatible, Row Scheduler, UV, CIFS, ISO9660 and Fsync Control. By _that

TF300T/G/TF201/ME301 : _that 10.6.1.14.10 Over Clocked Modded Stock Kernel v7 Rom2SD, Data2SD Compatible, Row Scheduler, UV, CIFS, ISO9660 and Fsync Control. By _that

TF300T : Hunds 10.6.1.8.4 Modded Kernel v11 - Data2SD Compatible, Overclocked, UV, Multi Scheduler, Fsync Control, Tweak App by Hundsbuah

TF201 : Hunds 10.6.1.8.4 Modded Kernel v3.3.2 - Data2SD Compatible, Overclocked, UV, Multi Scheduler, Fsync Control, Tweak App by Hundsbuah

TF300T/G/TF201/ME301 : Max 10.6.1.14.8 Linaro Kernel Reloaded v4 RC2 BETA - Overclocked with dynamic Fsync Control by maxrdlf95

TF201 : Max 10.6.1.14.8 Linaro Kernel Reloaded v4 RC3 BETA - Overclocked with dynamic Fsync Control by maxrdlf95

Tweaks:

Data2sd enabling / disabling (only works with _that's and hunds kernels)

DPI Change

Resolution Change (TF700 Only : 1920 x 1200 or 1280 x 800)

Fsync Disabled / Enabled

GPU rendering or CPU software rendering

CPU Over-Volt by 50mV

CPU Under-Volt by 50mV

GPU Under-Volt (hunds only)

Cache2SD (Experimental)

DOWNLOAD Kernel Installer v5.2 Mirror 1

DOWNLOAD Kernel Installer v5.2 Mirror 2

MD5: ae34db3e891f5b96c82a5f124ddf6dc8

==================================================================================================

Various Kernel Benchmarks

Right benchmarks with various kernel options:

All were taken on CROMi-X 5.1 Odex with default options at 240dpi unless otherwise stated (fsync off / on). I've used quadrant as most people understand the results - I know it's not the best and I did 3 tests each time and took the 3rd result.

Stock - fsync on - 5672
    36lLrlI.jpg

_that v4 - fsync off - 5981
    EZW240w.jpg

_that v4 - fsync on + data2sd - 5745
    19iv7fd.jpg

_thatv5 - fsync on - 6267
    QFhXhjl.jpg

_that v5 - fsync off - 6414
    OAZDezM.jpg

_that v5 - fsync on + data2sd - 6143
    OGbOUjA.jpg

Hunds + ET - fsync on - 6684
    hyiyFZL.jpg

Hunds + ET - fsync off - 7245
    yWx7v7G.jpg

Hunds + ET - fsync on + data2sd - 6725
    Utll82Y.jpg

Hunds - fsync off - 6805
    Lul8QTl.jpg

Hunds - fsync on +data2sd - 6597
    TqPlv18.jpg

So data2sd doesn't really offer that much if you keep fsync on. It does feel faster when loading large games and files. The issue is it is a bit more unstable and easier to corrupt the data partition if you have fsync off. Same risk with normal data I suppose but less likely to corrupt due to less sponteneous reboots.

Is data2sd worth it? Only if you want to use your tablet whilst downloading large files or play store updates or you are prone to corruption with fsync off. Otherwise you can achieve at least the same speed with fsync off although with a risk to corrupt your data partition eventually.
    miniC v2.0 Released!

New version is uploaded - this will form the basis for CROMi-X 5.4 ;)

This is by far the fastest and smoothest ROM I have run on my TF700T ;) Enjoy! :good:

B9Co5VV.jpg

umOBLEu.jpg

TVhLJJX.jpg

Changelog
    miniCROMi-X v2.0 - Released 28/01/2014
    o Removed cromi-control
    o Modded systemui.apk and transformer.apk to remove sd card and dock notifications
    o Updated Hosts file

Scratch that - will reupload tomorrow :) Found a bug.
    MiniC 1.3 released

Changelog
    miniCROMi-X v1.3 - Released 01/12/2013
    o Updated LetMeKnow's tweaks to v1.3
    o Updated SuperUser and Binary to version 1.80
    o Updated Google Play Services to latest version
    o Updated Google Keyboard to latest version
    o Updated Normal install so it doesn't install ROM2SD compatibility anymore

Enjoy!
    miniC v1.2 released :) Enjoy! :D