[Q] D803 Phone freezes then reboots every few minutes

Search This thread

mrsocksfox

Aug 9, 2010
What's currently happening is my phone will boot and work normally except it appears the radio is not working then after 60-120 seconds freeze for a second then reboot. Wifi does work but I just see an x for the cell network signal and if I take out the SIM I get no notification. Curiously if I'm using the camera it seems to delay the rebooting by a few minutes.

I've tried http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476 LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock) to no success, I was able to flash, it removed TWRP but I get the same symptoms anyway.

I've tried flashing the Rogers modem and this did not make a difference.

When I noticed this problem was when I was installing/testing some xposed modules, although it seems strange that they could break the phone in this way.

I've run out of ideas and although my phone isn't bricked per say it's near useless if it's going to reboot every minute or two. The phone doesn't reboot if I leave it in download mode or TWRP so this makes me think there's some hope.

Assuming it's not against the rules I'll PayPal anyone who comes up with the fix $50 CAD because right now I'm hooped.

Last edited:

feralcat

Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Did you download and try flashing the exposed disabler zip file?

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Klotar

Oct 9, 2013
Winnipeg
Do you have a gmail widget on your lockscreen? (Was worth a shot since others have reported varying issues with gmail widgets on the lockscreen).

mrsocksfox

Aug 9, 2010
I lost my recovery when I tried to go back to stock, and I can't seem to install any apps. I'm trying "upgrade recovery" from the LG Mobile Support Tool to see if that works. Otherwise I guess I have to find out how to root and flash a recovery entirely over ADB

mrsocksfox

Aug 9, 2010
I was able to restore the stock recovery and factory reset but that still didn't resolve the issue. Can someone provide a /system/ partition dump of a d803? I'm assuming there's something broken in there but I don't think flashing a ROM will solve that since flashing stock didn't seem to.

crzykiller

Sep 20, 2012
I was able to restore the stock recovery and factory reset but that still didn't resolve the issue. Can someone provide a /system/ partition dump of a d803? I'm assuming there's something broken in there but I don't think flashing a ROM will solve that since flashing stock didn't seem to.

If flashing to stock didn't work then your phone may as well be defective...

mmbm

Aug 8, 2012
Hi I have LG G2 D802 . My problem is that my phone hangs a lot . I did hard reset but problem didnt go. After hard reset i tried to install custom built rom but still same problem. Then I re installed lolipop 5.0.2 still the same problem .. now
i have downgraded to kitkat and again same problem .. Even now when it hangs It turn off completely like it got bricked or something but it work some time and again after some use it hang.. now i have hardreset my device and putted on standby mood but phone was working fine after some use phone hanged again . I dont understand what is the problem with my LG G2

I am having the exact same problem on stock 4.4.2 with my D803. I have random reboots every few minutes. I suspect it is a hardware issue since the problem persisted even after returning to stock using kdz. Unfortunately, I don't have an EFS backup.

I have tried multiple other ROMS (CM12.1, DU, Cloudy 3.2 and 3.3) and all are even less usable than stock (reboots while I am doing the initial setup).

Any suggestions? I don't know what else to try and am ready to buy a new phone now as this G2 is basically unusable... I'd greatly appreciate any help.

quicksilvree

Oct 7, 2014
Kingston
It's not a paperweight yet, I can adb. I rooted it through adb I'm just not sure what the xposed module broke. It has to be something that persists across flashing stock but I don't have anything to compare against.

If you have restored it to stock ....... and you still have the problem, u may have a short somewhere in the phone. The only thing that remains the same is the hardware .... u have changed the software