How are you guys liking the 2 Nits in the dark?

Search This thread

boodies

Mar 3, 2010
I currently own the Note 2 and use apps like screen filter to drop my brightness at night. When you do, the image quality seems to suffer. I'd imagine that's not the case with the S5? Is it nice? Thanks.

dibeachdude

Jan 30, 2009
Dauphin Island, AL
The display is pretty impressive. I am combine from an S4 Active, and I see a noticeable improvement. The display seems more natural. It's more like look at a photograph viewed with reflective light. If I could root mine, it would be perfect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: boodies

frifox

Oct 12, 2007
Portland, OR
This is the first phone I don't need to use any screen dimmers at night. Screen brightness goes VERY low yet is still crystal clear.

degast

Oct 1, 2008
This is the first phone I don't need to use any screen dimmers at night. Screen brightness goes VERY low yet is still crystal clear.

Here's a little test for you:

1. Go in pitch black dark room
  2. Turn brightness to 2 Nits
  3. Play video with fast moving dark (or black) objects (also do screen test app with colors)

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
I currently own the Note 2 and use apps like screen filter to drop my brightness at night. When you do, the image quality seems to suffer. I'd imagine that's not the case with the S5? Is it nice? Thanks.

I love it. I had to use the screen filter app before, but now it is unnecessary :)

-Sent from Tapatalk

deepen915

May 8, 2013

it's awesome! Goes a lot dimmer than the S4 and it still looks great clarity wise! Props to Samsung for further improving the AMOLED tech!

boodies

Mar 3, 2010
That is great to hear that these dimmer apps are not necessary anymore. The S5 is such an amazing phone. I just can't wait till the next note. I swear by the pen as I use it constantly at work. I do wish they had a S5 sized note tho lol. Thanks for the answers!

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
That is great to hear that these dimmer apps are not necessary anymore. The S5 is such an amazing phone. I just can't wait till the next note. I swear by the pen as I use it constantly at work. I do wish they had a S5 sized note tho lol. Thanks for the answers!

Yep

Before I was using the screen filter app, now there is no need

-Sent from Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is perfect for while in a theater watching a movie. Lol

-Sent from Tapatalk

I think it's awesome, personally. Definitely something that drove me bonkers about my Note 2.
    The display is pretty impressive. I am combine from an S4 Active, and I see a noticeable improvement. The display seems more natural. It's more like look at a photograph viewed with reflective light. If I could root mine, it would be perfect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk