[Q] Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 weird recovery problems

Search This thread

Battousai1

Apr 17, 2014
Hi guys! I have been reading through the post and searching for possible solution to my Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 problem but I cant find any solutions. Here is the story:

I have flashed the GT-P1000 tab with clockworkmod version 6 (i am not sure the exact version) using Odin.

Now after flashing the recovery, I have successfully installed Cyanogenmod 11 (nightly build) and everything was successful and everything is great.

A friend of mine borrowed the tab and he put a pattern to lock the phone, instead of asking him what is the pattern I just decided to wipe the tab again to make a clean install. So what I did was I went to recovery and selected "format /system" which I shouldn't have, then after rebooting it is not booting up to Cyanogen anymore, so what i did was I just wiped everything (format /data, cache and factory reset)

Now this is the weird part, the devices has kept on booting up to clockwork recovery and it says the device is not yet rooted, it is asking me if it is ok to root it, I always selected yes

After another boot up, the clockwork recovery is now version 3.0.0.5??? it is really weird? I never installed any clockwork mod with a lower version... How did that happen?

Now whenever I try to install from sd card or restore it or mount it nothing happens, it just says:

E:Can't mount
E:unknown volume
E:unable process volume! skipping

I tried to flash the recovery again using Odin many times but still the clockwork mod is stuck in version 3.0.0.5.

Right now, I am not sure if my understanding of the entire system is correct:

1. Should I install a new recovery, if yes, how and why is it whenever I am installing it again it is not being installed, it gets stuck to version 3.0.0.5?
2. Are there any other recovery I should use and how should I install it? is it the same as using the Odin?
3. Is there a way to install the original recovery of this tab and then from there I will start over again.

zeetherocker

Jan 24, 2012
Bangalore
@Battousai1
1. & 2. Find an Odin flashable recovery for p1000... Go to download mode and flash it with Odin...
After doing that you shouldn't have the problem anymore...
3. To install the original recovery find the stock rom which is again Odin flashable ... Flash it and you'll have the stock recovery...

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

Battousai1

Apr 17, 2014
@Battousai1
1. & 2. Find an Odin flashable recovery for p1000... Go to download mode and flash it with Odin...
After doing that you shouldn't have the problem anymore...
3. To install the original recovery find the stock rom which is again Odin flashable ... Flash it and you'll have the stock recovery...

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

@zeetherocker, thanks! I am currently downloading the overcome recovery, hopefully this will solve the problem.

Battousai1

Apr 17, 2014
Last edited: