Play Store Question

Search This thread

Celtish

Oct 13, 2012
Good evening All,

I have the Pro 8.4 and I must say that I'm loving it so far. That said, I have also used CyanogenMod before and would love to put it on this tab. I do have a concern however. Whereas I have never had to buy productivity apps before, I have for this tab as I'll be using it for business as well as pleasure. I have heard around the interwebs of the Play store acting wonky. Any truth to this?

I'd hate to have to give up on having Cyanogen on this tab because I can't use apps that I need and paid for. Any advise would be appreciated.

By the way, I have rooted and put CM on other devices before. This is just the first time I have ever needed to put any type of GApp on it afterwards.

* I should say: putting the Play store on a custom rom....

Last edited:

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
Good evening All,

I have the Pro 8.4 and I must say that I'm loving it so far. That said, I have also used CyanogenMod before and would love to put it on this tab. I do have a concern however. Whereas I have never had to buy productivity apps before, I have for this tab as I'll be using it for business as well as pleasure. I have heard around the interwebs of the Play store acting wonky. Any truth to this?

I'd hate to have to give up on having Cyanogen on this tab because I can't use apps that I need and paid for. Any advise would be appreciated.

By the way, I have rooted and put CM on other devices before. This is just the first time I have ever needed to put any type of GApp on it afterwards.

* I should say: putting the Play store on a custom rom....

You have had to install GApps for CM on all devices for a long time (since CM7 maybe?) . GApps are the Google proprietary code that you are only allowed to redistribute if you have a contractual agreement with Google and pass CTS. Only the 1+1 CM11s fits into that category, all other CM builds do not and therefore they do not distribute the proprietary code as they are not legally entitled to.

I have no problems with the Play Store.

Celtish

Oct 13, 2012
You
Thanks for the response Crpalmer. I had known that you would have to put it on seperately. I should have been more clear prior. I had never put them back on as I didn't need the functionality. I now need it however and just wanted to make are that my purchases would carry over. Afain, thanks for the response.

Last edited: