[Q] Moto G Assist, Camera & Gallery for AOSP/CM

Search This thread
C

chrisus246g

Hey guys,

I searched the web and haven't found much. What's really keeping me from going to a custom rom - be it GPE/AOSP (like Paranoid Android) or CM-Based - are those 3 features (Moto Assist, Camera, Gallery - even Radio FM). Sadly I only found negative evidence.

Are there any apks of those apps out there that work 100% on AOSP/CM-based roms? Or alternatives that have the same simplicity of design and functions?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

andogeek10

Apr 7, 2012
Mumbai
Hey guys,

I searched the web and haven't found much. What's really keeping me from going to a custom rom - be it GPE/AOSP (like Paranoid Android) or CM-Based - are those 3 features (Moto Assist, Camera, Gallery - even Radio FM). Sadly I only found negative evidence.

Are there any apks of those apps out there that work 100% on AOSP/CM-based roms? Or alternatives that have the same simplicity of design and functions?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

Alternatives :
1. Assist - Quiet hours in various roms or profiles option.
2. Camera - In my opinion, the AOSP camera is much better than the stock camera application. The only thing missing is slow motion recording.
3. Gallery - There are many gallery applications available on the play store.
4. FM Radio - All of the roms I have flashed till now had a FM Radio app. And it also allows you to play the audio via the external speaker.

C

chrisus246g

Alternatives :
1. Assist - Quiet hours in various roms or profiles option.
2. Camera - In my opinion, the AOSP camera is much better than the stock camera application. The only thing missing is slow motion recording.
3. Gallery - There are many gallery applications available on the play store.
4. FM Radio - All of the roms I have flashed till now had a FM Radio app. And it also allows you to play the audio via the external speaker.
Thanks for answering mate, much appreciated.

1. Main feature I use from Assist is that the phone goes quiet during an calendar appointment and auto replies to favorite calls (family). Can't find a similar app that just does that and/or doesn't have a bulky, ugly interface.
2. agreed, but Google Camera doesn't support panorama nor slow motion + HDR on the Moto G
3. tried a few. Again I like the simple, unbulky Moto Gallery with sidebar and autohide status bar feature.

Did no one ever try to port those 3 apps? :/ I can't be the only one wondering/asking this. :(

Last edited:

andogeek10

Apr 7, 2012
Mumbai
Thanks for answering mate, much appreciated.

1. Main feature I use from Assist is that the phone goes quiet during an calendar appointment and auto replies to favorite calls (family). Can't find a similar app that just does that and/or doesn't have a bulky, ugly interface.
2. agreed, but Google Camera doesn't support panorama nor slow motion + HDR on the Moto G
3. tried a few. Again I like the simple, unbulky Moto Gallery with sidebar and autohide status bar feature.

Did no one ever try to port those 3 apps? :/ I can't be the only one wondering/asking this. :(

1. No that feature is not there in AOSP ROMs.
2. I'm taking about the AOSP camera and not the Google camera. In the AOSP camera we have panaroma and HDR. The only thing missing is the slow motion capture.
3. If you want simplicity then the AOSP gallery is good. The only thing not available is the sidebar.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Darkshado

Apr 16, 2011
Montréal
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nexus 6
I don't remember if it does the auto-SMS, but Llama (FOSS, on the Play Store) can certainly use the calendar plus a whole bunch of other conditions to silence the phone, change "profiles" (enabling things like different ringtones at home and work, or silencing/changing some notification with the LlamaTones ringtone selector) and generally trigger actions.

ToastnButter

Sep 23, 2011
Rybnik/Kraków
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

Exactly same situation here. I'm torn between staying stock and going CM but loosing these three apps.
Moto camera and gallery apps are absolutely the best around. AOSP gallery is outdated and downright ugly. Also, there is no gallery app that performs nearly as smooth as moto gallery.
It shouldn't be THAT hard to port these apks, right?

C

chrisus246g

I'm not giving up :D

Moto G Camera App - don't know if it's CM only - (zip also seems to include Gallery)
Found a Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2614700
"dhacker archieved to get the native moto g camera app working --> loki.rombitch.com/Devs/Dhacker29/MotoCamera442.zip"

Moto G Assist, apparently only for CM 11 (maybe CM based also, maybe PA, don't know)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52202333

I've no way to check these since I haven't rooted my phone.
Maybe someone wants to try and report back. Would be very appreciated.

Cheers

thestory101

Aug 19, 2009
I'm not giving up :D

Moto G Camera App - don't know if it's CM only - (zip also seems to include Gallery)
Found a Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2614700
"dhacker archieved to get the native moto g camera app working --> loki.rombitch.com/Devs/Dhacker29/MotoCamera442.zip"

Moto G Assist, apparently only for CM 11 (maybe CM based also, maybe PA, don't know)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52202333

I've no way to check these since I haven't rooted my phone.
Maybe someone wants to try and report back. Would be very appreciated.

Cheers
BTW , Moto camera on AOSP , about slow motion not working too. :D