[Q] Can't install GAPPS on Nook HD with CM11 Android 4.4.4

Search This thread

punkerwax

Jul 4, 2014
Hello all,

This is my first question, and it might have already been answered but I just couldn't figure it out My last resort is to ask here, so thanks in advance for your help.

I just installed CM11 on my Nook HD (see attached image 1) and everything was working fine except for the fact that google apps was opening and then closing immediately. All my pre-CM11 apps were there and working fine. The problem was that when I tried to download new apps, GAPPs was just not working. I wiped out all the info and started from scracth, then tried to install from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942 , but just kept on getting error messages (see image 2).

I'm sure my fix is easy, so any suggestions are more than welcome!

Attachments

• IMAG0017.jpg
    IMAG0017.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 76

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Your picture is cut off so it does not show what version of CWM you are trying to flash the gapps package with. What version is it?

It is saying it cannot find the file /system/build.prop. Can you see that file with your file manager?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

punkerwax

Jul 4, 2014
Your picture is cut off so it does not show what version of CWM you are trying to flash the gapps package with. What version is it?

It is saying it cannot find the file /system/build.prop. Can you see that file with your file manager?

Hi,

I hope I'm answering properly. I believe the CWM version i'm using is 20140629. I did not find the /system/build.prop file under the file manager, but I was able to navigate to it through the terminal emulator. It's a read-only file.

If this is not the information you were asking for, please let me know and I will get it right away.

Thanks!

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
That is not what I was looking for for CWM. When CWM is running it says something like "CWM based recovery version 6.0.4.5" at the top of the screen. What does yours say?

punkerwax

Jul 4, 2014
That is not what I was looking for for CWM. When CWM is running it says something like "CWM based recovery version 6.0.4.5" at the top of the screen. What does yours say?

Right, thanks for clarifying. It says:
CWM-based Recovery for HD SD CM11.0/sgt7 v6.0.4.5

Hope that helps.

Thanks!

punkerwax

Jul 4, 2014
Hey,

Thanks again for the follow up. I was able to figure it out. Every time I was booting up the recovery menu I did it from the SD card instead of the internal memory by holding down the n key. After I did it that way, the gapps package installed with no prob at all. Thanks so much for the effort and we can mark this question solved.

Cheers!