[Q] CM nightlys fail, used to work???

Search This thread

blairan

Apr 26, 2011
Bath MI
i have been downloading CM nightlys to my pc, copying them to my phone's internal storage, then flashing the zip using recovery (twerp v2.6.3.0) successfully for 3 or 4 months. I found CM Downloader app on the app store and down loaded that. I set the setting to automatically check for a new build, and download it. it did download the new builds although they failed to flash. 3 days after this started happening, CM came out with a 'snapshot' version. that one flashed ok. but the 'nighly' builds no longer flash. I have uninstalled CM downloader, and tried downloading them to the PC and copying them to the phone, that no longer works either. I have reinstalled CM downloader no change. so I think there is something changed on the phone that needs to be fixed, or reset or something. I appreciate any ideas here, I am still entry level skill level, so be gentle ;)
blairman

blairan

Apr 26, 2011
Bath MI
TWERP failed flash message

i have been downloading CM nightlys to my pc, copying them to my phone's internal storage, then flashing the zip using recovery (twerp v2.6.3.0) successfully for 3 or 4 months. I found CM Downloader app on the app store and down loaded that. I set the setting to automatically check for a new build, and download it. it did download the new builds although they failed to flash. 3 days after this started happening, CM came out with a 'snapshot' version. that one flashed ok. but the 'nighly' builds no longer flash. I have uninstalled CM downloader, and tried downloading them to the PC and copying them to the phone, that no longer works either. I have reinstalled CM downloader no change. so I think there is something changed on the phone that needs to be fixed, or reset or something. I appreciate any ideas here, I am still entry level skill level, so be gentle ;)
blairman

Updating partition details
Processing OpenRecoveryScript file
unable to locate zip file "/CyanogenRob_Downloa
E:Error installing zip file "/CyanogenRob_Downloa
Don processing script file
Installing ' /sdcar/CyanogenRob_Downloader/cm1
skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
E:Error executiong updater binary in ' /sdcar/CyanogenRob_Downloader/cm1
Error flashing zip ' /sdcar/CyanogenRob_Downloader/cm1
updating partition details
then under that in red letters "Failed'

tdhite

Dec 4, 2012
DFW

TWRP that works:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50383573&postcount=3

Why (changelog):
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50383578&postcount=4

Reactions: blairan

blairan

Apr 26, 2011
Bath MI
i'm part way there...

OK, I have downloaded the 2 files. placed them in a directory near my root directory on my pc. placed the phone in fastboot usb, opened a command prompt window from that directory. typed in fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-m7wls-2.7.0.9-05-01-2014
and I get error: cannot load 'fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-m7wls-2.7.0.9-05-01-2014'
per a video showing how to flash recovery, I also tried the command adb reboot bootloader I get error : device not found
back to my pc, I open device manager, and I show a device labeled android device that is working properly.
stumped at this point.
is updating recovery the same as the initial install of a custom recovery?
do I need updated drivers for win 7? where are the latest? all videos say they are the latest, but that was when they were recorted.
thanks for help!

noah.xda

Feb 19, 2014
Yes u need updated drivers....any easy solution however is go and get the app flashify u will need root of course...it allows u to flash recovery that is on ur sd card. Just choose the img and flash recovery in the app then reboot into recovery and u will be good to go.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Reactions: blairan

blairan

Apr 26, 2011
Bath MI
Thank you!

Thanks to both of you, updated TWERP did the trick and Flashify allowed me to install it without the fastboot, and PC hookup which was not working. Latest nightly installed, I am a happy camper!

luigi311

Feb 18, 2011
Ok, let me get this straight, snag this Flashify, then snag TWRP 2.7.1.1, flash it with Flashify and I am golden????

(I am unlocked and S-Off running CM-11)

All u have to do is update your recovery. So u can grab the latest TWRP and flash it any method u wish. Fastboot is best but flashify is the most convenient. After u flash your recovery the CM Rom should flash perfectly. Note: If u experience any failures in flashing any Rom that u know is good just downgrade your recovery via which ever method u prefer and that should flash fine now. You can always use the recovery zip floating around on the android development thread I'll see if I can find it for u.
Here u go bud http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2656065
Note if the flash fails try a older zip until it works and flash the twrp by TD. Don't forget to thanks rootlinux for the zips. Might also want to keep the zips in handy on the phone storage incase the Note situation appears.

Last edited:

Slagathor01

Feb 11, 2012
Central Wisconsin
All u have to do is update your recovery. So u can grab the latest TWRP and flash it any method u wish. Fastboot is best but flashify is the most convenient. After u flash your recovery the CM Rom should flash perfectly. Note: If u experience any failures in flashing any Rom that u know is good just downgrade your recovery via which ever method u prefer and that should flash fine now. You can always use the recovery zip floating around on the android development thread I'll see if I can find it for u.
Here u go bud http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2656065
Note if the flash fails try a older zip until it works and flash the twrp by TD. Don't forget to thanks rootlinux for the zips. Might also want to keep the zips in handy on the phone storage incase the Note situation appears.

I got it with fastboot, I forgot I re installed windows since I did it initially, so I was pulling my hair out wondering why fastboot wouldnt see it, and I couldnt even get files to or from it till I installed HTC sync.....heh

thanks for the info.....:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TWRP that works:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50383573&postcount=3

Why (changelog):
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50383578&postcount=4
    Yes u need updated drivers....any easy solution however is go and get the app flashify u will need root of course...it allows u to flash recovery that is on ur sd card. Just choose the img and flash recovery in the app then reboot into recovery and u will be good to go.