[KERNEL] Synergy v0.10 [CK3+, Autogrouping, OC, UV, BFQ, BLN, OTG]

Search This thread

phewizzo

Aug 29, 2007
New York City
I flashed the kernel and when it booted is was very very sluggish. Went to setcpu and saw it booted at 1800mhz so i put it back down to 1512 and everything is smooth

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
What's ck3+ ?

CK3 patch sets were originally designed by Con kolivas improve system responsiveness and interactivity with specific emphasis on the desktop, but suitable to any workload.

It merges BFS with Jens Axboe's CFQ I/O scheduer. The patchset includes a number of interesting patches, including autoregulated virtual memory swappiness, batch scheduling, isochronous scheduling, and improved support for hyperthreading.

So default sched is CFQ but its the ck3 edition. the + stands for some tweaks Ziggy471 has done to further make them optimized for the android mobile platform.

ThC23

Sep 18, 2010
Confirm working on Juggernaut v2.0, great job. Everything running smooth. Thanks.

Hercules Hercules!!

G1_enthusiast

Oct 11, 2009
i dint even use setCPU i just let it run stock and it was sluggish especially when you try to swipe from screen to screen.

kennyp987

Apr 16, 2007
nyc
CK3 patch sets were originally designed by Con kolivas improve system responsiveness and interactivity with specific emphasis on the desktop, but suitable to any workload.

It merges BFS with Jens Axboe's CFQ I/O scheduer. The patchset includes a number of interesting patches, including autoregulated virtual memory swappiness, batch scheduling, isochronous scheduling, and improved support for hyperthreading.

So default sched is CFQ but its the ck3 edition. the + stands for some tweaks Ziggy471 has done to further make them optimized for the android mobile platform.

Thanks! Definitely will try it out

manekineko

Jul 26, 2009
Any chance of adding BLN support?

Great to see kernel development starting to warm up.

A second here for BLN support, that'd be really great.

Also, would it be possible to make the undervolting use whatever interface SetCPU uses to control voltage? That was a really pleasant way to undervolt on my previous phone.

Pellel2

Jun 23, 2011
hamilton, ont
the system crashes when you set setCPU to 1.8 or so....too unstable will try later on update versions. Any suggestion why? im using juggernaut ROM in my T989D

kenvan19

Dec 7, 2010
Gah! Multipleupload >< If I put it on my dropbox and mirror it there (and keep it up-to-date) would you use that link instead? lol

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
I took a look at bln, i do want this but it is a friday night i honestly said "i'm good" for today lol

As for it booting it ahould not be according to the cpu tables i have set. However i do not dissregard amu claims of this i will take a look in the source tomorrow and have a patch and fix.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Reactions: manekineko

no6969el

Jan 22, 2009
thank you but what does it do better than the other kernel by jugs

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
I dont claim anything is better then any other developers work. I like this setup this is why i started development on it. what i include in this kernel has been disclosed publicly. Ive also explained ck3 in a previous post. Better or worse opinions are in the eye of the beholder. You the uswr has to test and include your input.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Hoezack

Apr 6, 2011
Quadrant score please.

Sent from my Samsung Nova S using xda premium....yes im from the future and my Nova S is running Android 10.0 Cheesecake.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated to V0.10

Code:
    [B][U]v0.10[/U][/B]
    - uppatched to 2.6.35.14
    - reverted my unreleased changes of the disabling of samsung debugging, it breaks lo power mode and causes SOD's
    - Misc config tweaks
    - Misc compiler tweaks

[B][U]v0.08[/U][/B]
    - Up patched to 2.6.35.13 source
    - merged some changed with Da_G's skyrocket source to fix cpu1 hot-plugging
    this shiould solve issues of users having min clock stuck at 384mhz and/or max
    stuck.
    - fixed vdd_tables, system tuner will be supporting my kernel in up coming releases for this
    system tuner, should no longer cause issues. as the hotplug fix solved this

[B][U]v0.06[/U][/B]
    - Found tome Carrier IQ **** in tty consoles, removed it
    sneaky sneaky...
    - patched for call recording <--- DERP apparently it works with out my patch LOL

[B][U]v0.05.6[/U][/B]
    - redid source tree from scratch
    - Switched on OTG config options again (had them shut off)
    - Battery issues resolved
    - minor tweaks to autogrouping
    - set kernel HZ to 300 for a smoother more responsive feel
    - minor tweaks to lag free and smartass
    - undervolts have been tested stable by many users and are in this release
    [B]- PLEASE UNINSTALL SYSTEM TUNER AND CLEAR DALVIK CACHE THIS RELEASE[/B]

[B][U]v0.05.2[/U][/B]
    - loosened up lag free so its not so twitchy at low freqs and ramping up and down constantly
    - undervolted all freqs a fair bit
    - added smartassv2 back in *Please TEST, i think i have solved the hang at max freq on wake*
    - probably forgetting something else i messed with

[B][U]v0.05[/U][/B]
    - sourced a multiprossesor service that actually wasnt ****ed and added to kernel
    - turned on multi prossesor service and set it to shut off the second core on screen off 
    or when not needed, and only turn back on when needed
    - Patched in BLN *thanks to romanbb*
    - Patched services.jar to allow bln to notify you for most notifications from apps now 
    eg: gtalk, mms, sms app and ect..
    - spiffy new boot logo ;)

[B][U]v0.04.1[/U][/B]
    - removed smartassv2, its useless in its semi-working state, causing battery drain. I will figure out what its up to.

[B][U]v0.04[/U][/B]
    - Lowered stock voltages a bit to get some better battery
    - Fixed (i think) smartassv2 ramping up to max clock and then neglecting to ramp back down on wake from sleep
    - Recommend using lagfree :)

[B][U]v0.03.2[/U][/B]
    - fixed scheduler settings for new min freq, causing me SOD's on screen wake with notification

[B][U]v0.03.1[/U][/B]
    - disabled 192MHz in the clock table so users cannot select it and cause a sleep of death situation.
    - Default min freq now 384MHz

[B][U]v0.03[/U][/B]
    - added in BFQ scheduler if users choose to use it you can use system tuner or other favored apps to change from CFS
    - Added SmartassV2 and Iterative schedulers
    - Tweaked SmartassV2 for our device
    - Added ability to change voltage on the cpus with vdd_tables

[B][U]
    v0.02:[/U][/B]
    - 1.8ghz lag fixed ;)
    - Autogrouping of scheduler added
    - lagfree cpu scheduler added, with fully working sysfs interface to edit settings not set by default but recommended! its TITS!
    - optimized build flags
    - removed sysfs for vdd tables, we have not got it working yet. no worries you shouldn't need it yet ;)
    - kernel compression changed for much faster boot times

[U][B]v0.01[/B][/U]
    CK3+ Patch Set  (Thanks to fellow Team Synergy member Ziggy471 for backporting)
    OC 1.8 (Thanks to Romanbb's source tree)
    Global UV Tables (Thanks to Romanbb's source tree)
    All Debug shut off except samsung debugging (needed)
    LZMA compressed
    Carrier branded boot splash removed
    init.d support

Voltage Control

You can control it via shell/init.d scripts as follows

To over volt ALL frequencies by 10000 uv:
    Code:
    echo "+10000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdd_table/vdd_levels
    To under volt ALL frequencies by 10000 uv:
    Code:
    echo "-10000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdd_table/vdd_levels

To set a specific frequency (ie 1.8 GHz) with a specific voltage (ie 1.25 volts) ]
    Code:
    echo "1836000 1250000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdd_levels

Use SetCPU as a gui or sysfs to control CPU freq

DOWNLOAD
    CWM FLashable zip:
    V0.10
    Here

Call Recording app by skvalex
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44644505/CallRecorder_v.1.0.27_alpha_build05.apk
    The app is offered on XDA for free but you can promote his work by Buying it in the MARKET
    Trial of full version ( has more features )
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19345181&postcount=750

SOURCE

V0.10
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/.mrx/
    Here you go guys. :)

http://db.tt/4izGriV0

Don't forget to hit the thanks!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App
    I have saved this in my bookmarks. give it a read. press thanks if you like it ;)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1242323
    Mr. X would you consider updating your kernel with the latest goodies from the sky rocket source? Thanks

I dont have time to update my kernel at the moment, so probably not. When the ICS source comes out i will be retiring dev entirely on this kernel. But for now, its possible i will do some things with it but not in the next couple weeks.
    V0.03 is out in first post ;)