Extended battery

Search This thread

hegemytouch

Mar 2, 2010
I went on amazon and found an extended battery for the lg thrill...its made by Hyperion and its a 3500 mah. I love this battery...I've had it on for 12 hours and have 63% left and that was using the phone a lot. I advise everyone who has a thrill to pick one up its only 17.99 and it cone with a back cover. The back cover isn't cheesy its the same rubbery material as the stock back cover. Only problem is it does add decent bulk to the phone but its well worth it....Idk about you guys but I'm tired of charging my phone 3 times a day.

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA App

Markyzz

Jan 7, 2012
California
I think this topic is already covered in the accessories forum.

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA Premium App

Jan 12, 2012
Hey hegemytouch,
How's that battery holding up? I'm thinking about getting one, but I've heard stories that they only have the long charge for a little while and quickly lose capacity over a few charges (probably bc they've been sitting in a warehouse for a long time and just lost their capacity from that). I want to get an idea of how the Hyperion battery holds up. Thanks for the update.

hegemytouch

Mar 2, 2010
The battery was pretty decent. The first charge you have to charge it for 12 hours...that lasted forever LOL..the battery life did.drop a little couple of charges in but still was worth it. Lasted all day with heavy use.

Galaxy Note

gniblack

Oct 6, 2011
I ordered the 3500 mAh battery recently. I cannot wait until I receive it. My biggest gripe about this phone has been its battery life, but now that won't be an issue. Thanks for the excellent post.

Now I made this order fairly late and overlooked the fact that the battery is thicker than stock. Does the new battery come with a new back plate, or will I have to order that separately? Also are there some good protective cases for this phone available when using the thicker battery? I know my current one will no longer suffice.

Last edited:

Markyzz

Jan 7, 2012
California
I ordered the 3500 mAh battery recently. I cannot wait until I receive it. My biggest gripe about this phone has been its battery life, but now that won't be an issue. Thanks for the excellent post.

Now I made this order fairly late and overlooked the fact that the battery is thicker than stock. Does the new battery come with a new back plate, or will I have to order that separately? Also are there some good protective cases for this phone available when using the thicker battery? I know my current one will no longer suffice.

Most of them come with the backplate.
I haven't found any aftermarket cases that fit with the extended battery. If you do let us know!

Sent from my CM7 Thrill

eg94

Dec 16, 2011
I have the 3500 mah good long lasting battery but it adds too much bulk, it's a brick
I went back to stock battery

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA

gniblack

Oct 6, 2011
It certainly does turn it into a brick, but for me the additional battery life makes it all worth it. I emailed Hyperion asking if there is a case for it. I am awaiting a response.

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA

WattB006

Sep 24, 2011
Nebraska
I have thought about getting an extended battery but like other people have said I dont think I would how bulky it makes it. If someone does make a case for it I will definitely try it. I get decent battery life right now. I am a heavy user of my phone and it will last me all day and night with no issues.

gniblack

Oct 6, 2011
I have received my 3500mAh battery with a case to fit around the battery and I must say that it's NOT as bulky as people make it seem to be.

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium

Do you mean the backplate to the phone or a protective case for the phone? If you found a protective case for the phone when using this battery please send me a link. I really need one since I have had my drops over the years with my phones, and I don't want to crack the screen. There's too much work involved in replacing them.

Top Liked Posts