A quick tutorial to ROOT Micromax A50 Ninja

Search This thread

kank_fraud

Apr 4, 2010
Shillong
Please charge your phone atleast 50% or above before you follow the guide.

I am not providing any screenshots.

Steps:

1. Download all the attached files to this post.

2. Unzip mt65x3 usb vcom drivers.7z and install the drivers.

3. Create a folder in C drive or anywhere you like and unzip SP Flash Tool v2.1134.00.7z.

4. Copy the files MT6573_Android_scatter.txt and boot.img to the folder you created and unzipped the SP Flash Tool v2.1134.00.7z.

5. Open the folder where you extracted SP Flash Tool v2.1134.00.7z and right click on the Flash_tool.exe and run as Administrator.

6. In the Flash tool window, click on File and Open Scatter-loading File and on the pop-up window, select the file MT6573_Android_scatter.txt and click Open

7. A pop-up might appear, click OK and if you see any kind of error, ignore it.

8. A list on the bottom pane should appear of the flash tool window. Uncheck all excet BOOTIMG and click or double click on the BOOTIMG. On the pop-up window, select the boot.img file that you copied earlier and Open.

9. Click on Options of the Flash tool and click USB Mode if not selected.

10. Now you are ready to flash your phone.

11. Switch off your phone and take out the battery. Put your battery back on the phone. Do not switch on. Connect it to your PC with the USB cable without pressing any button on the phone. Now windows should find the drivers and install it. After drivers are installed, unplug the cable from your phone. Take out the battery from the phone and put it back again. Do not switch on.

12. Now on the Flash Tool window click on the Download button. A message will appear on the bottom right of the window 'Please insert USB cable in 14 seconds', with the counter running. While its running, connect your phone to the PC. If you fail to do it, repeat Step 12.

13. When connected properly, you will see a yellow progress bar, after finishing 100% a pop up window will appear saying BOOTIMG downloaded. You are done.

14. Now unplug your phone, take the battery out, put it back and start the phone normally as you do. Let it fully boot. (Nothing should be wrong, cuz nothing happened to mine. I tested it first. Ashik Anwar second.)

15. Enable USB Debugging on your phone and and connect it to the PC.

16. Installing USB ADB Drivers or USB Debugging Drivers:

Unzip usb_driver.zip.
Open 'Device Manager'.
Right click on 'Micromax A50' and click 'Update Driver Software'.
On the new window, click 'Browse my computer for driver software', then click 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.
Click 'Have Disk'.
On the new Pop-up window, click 'Browse' and go to the folder where you previously unzipped the drivers and open the folder usb_driver.
Now select from the list of files 'android_winusb.inf' and click 'Open', then click 'OK'.
Now from the list of 3 options, select 'Android ADB Interface' and click 'Next'.
An 'Update Driver Warning' will appear, click 'Yes'.
Another Warning will appear asking 'Would you like to install this device software.
Click Install.
Now the drivers should be installed.

17. Now unzip unlockroot23.zip and install the unlockroot23.exe and run the program.

18. Now time to root. On the UnlockRoot window, click ROOT and the program will root it. When finished, it will ask you to restart your phone. So switch it off and switch it on again.

19. Now after you have switched on your phone, browse through the Apps Drawer. You should find an application called Superuser.

You are ROOTED!!!

Still check it by installing an app that needs root permissions, like Root Explorer.

Install BusyBox from PlayStore cuz some programs need it for root access.

Thanx to Varun for providing the modified boot.img and thanx to all the developers for their hard work in cracking and hacking Android for the benefit of the people.

To overclock, Install MTK CPU-Control test from PlayStore. Doesnt need root.
You can overclock upto 806MHz. Enable Set on boot.
Overclock To 754MHz for stability issues.

Enjoy folks!!!

EDIT:

If you are getting error while flashing, repeat the steps.
If you are unable to boot, please flash the original_boot.img

Remember to run the Flash Tool as Administrator
Also the UnlockRoot program as Administrator

I am not responsible for the death of your phone :D

Attachments

• boot.img
    2.5 MB · Views: 9,834
  • MT6573_Android_scatter.txt
    418 bytes · Views: 16,089
  • unlockroot23.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 17,651
  • usb_driver.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 20,738
  • Original_boot.img
    6 MB · Views: 7,373

saheb11123

Jul 5, 2012
Kolkata
Rooting the micromax a52 aisha

i have read your post, can you post a tutorial to root micromax a52 aisha, and increase internal memory:D:D

aydot360

May 13, 2011
Pls can this procedure work with all mt6573 chipset phone. Cause I've tried all the major rooting process like superone and it likes.
The phone is TECNO T1.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my TECNO T1 using xda premium

kank_fraud

Apr 4, 2010
Shillong
i have read your post, can you post a tutorial to root micromax a52 aisha, and increase internal memory:D:D

So sorry
Been busy
Read this whole website for anything related to Mediatek processors for flashing.
http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.in/2011/10/mt65x3-flashing-tutorial.html
You need to have a linux machine, Ubuntu, to unpack the boot.img, making unsecure to 1 and the repack it. Flash it back.
I dont have a linux machine anymore.
Searh the net for tutorials.
Bootloader unsecure.
I dont have the time and also aint using the A50 anymore.
Dont mind
Goodluck.

kank_fraud

Apr 4, 2010
Shillong
Pls can this procedure work with all mt6573 chipset phone. Cause I've tried all the major rooting process like superone and it likes.
The phone is TECNO T1.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my TECNO T1 using xda premium

Procedure is same, but bootloaders are/must be different.
Read http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.in/2011/10/mt65x3-flashing-tutorial.html
First dump the boot.img
unsecure it.
Flash it back.
for unsecuring, google
busy
no time
cant help more than this
goodluck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please charge your phone atleast 50% or above before you follow the guide.

I am not providing any screenshots.

Steps:

1. Download all the attached files to this post.

2. Unzip mt65x3 usb vcom drivers.7z and install the drivers.

3. Create a folder in C drive or anywhere you like and unzip SP Flash Tool v2.1134.00.7z.

4. Copy the files MT6573_Android_scatter.txt and boot.img to the folder you created and unzipped the SP Flash Tool v2.1134.00.7z.

5. Open the folder where you extracted SP Flash Tool v2.1134.00.7z and right click on the Flash_tool.exe and run as Administrator.

6. In the Flash tool window, click on File and Open Scatter-loading File and on the pop-up window, select the file MT6573_Android_scatter.txt and click Open

7. A pop-up might appear, click OK and if you see any kind of error, ignore it.

8. A list on the bottom pane should appear of the flash tool window. Uncheck all excet BOOTIMG and click or double click on the BOOTIMG. On the pop-up window, select the boot.img file that you copied earlier and Open.

9. Click on Options of the Flash tool and click USB Mode if not selected.

10. Now you are ready to flash your phone.

11. Switch off your phone and take out the battery. Put your battery back on the phone. Do not switch on. Connect it to your PC with the USB cable without pressing any button on the phone. Now windows should find the drivers and install it. After drivers are installed, unplug the cable from your phone. Take out the battery from the phone and put it back again. Do not switch on.

12. Now on the Flash Tool window click on the Download button. A message will appear on the bottom right of the window 'Please insert USB cable in 14 seconds', with the counter running. While its running, connect your phone to the PC. If you fail to do it, repeat Step 12.

13. When connected properly, you will see a yellow progress bar, after finishing 100% a pop up window will appear saying BOOTIMG downloaded. You are done.

14. Now unplug your phone, take the battery out, put it back and start the phone normally as you do. Let it fully boot. (Nothing should be wrong, cuz nothing happened to mine. I tested it first. Ashik Anwar second.)

15. Enable USB Debugging on your phone and and connect it to the PC.

16. Installing USB ADB Drivers or USB Debugging Drivers:

Unzip usb_driver.zip.
    Open 'Device Manager'.
    Right click on 'Micromax A50' and click 'Update Driver Software'.
    On the new window, click 'Browse my computer for driver software', then click 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.
    Click 'Have Disk'.
    On the new Pop-up window, click 'Browse' and go to the folder where you previously unzipped the drivers and open the folder usb_driver.
    Now select from the list of files 'android_winusb.inf' and click 'Open', then click 'OK'.
    Now from the list of 3 options, select 'Android ADB Interface' and click 'Next'.
    An 'Update Driver Warning' will appear, click 'Yes'.
    Another Warning will appear asking 'Would you like to install this device software.
    Click Install.
    Now the drivers should be installed.

17. Now unzip unlockroot23.zip and install the unlockroot23.exe and run the program.

18. Now time to root. On the UnlockRoot window, click ROOT and the program will root it. When finished, it will ask you to restart your phone. So switch it off and switch it on again.

19. Now after you have switched on your phone, browse through the Apps Drawer. You should find an application called Superuser.

You are ROOTED!!!

Still check it by installing an app that needs root permissions, like Root Explorer.

Install BusyBox from PlayStore cuz some programs need it for root access.

Thanx to Varun for providing the modified boot.img and thanx to all the developers for their hard work in cracking and hacking Android for the benefit of the people.

To overclock, Install MTK CPU-Control test from PlayStore. Doesnt need root.
    You can overclock upto 806MHz. Enable Set on boot.
    Overclock To 754MHz for stability issues.

Enjoy folks!!!

EDIT:

If you are getting error while flashing, repeat the steps.
    If you are unable to boot, please flash the original_boot.img

Remember to run the Flash Tool as Administrator
    Also the UnlockRoot program as Administrator

I am not responsible for the death of your phone :D