Skype 3.0 Beta for Windows Mobile

Search This thread

lpgliqing

Dec 27, 2008
Download

Here is the introduction for the new version:

download_windowsmobile_beta.png

Skype 3.0 beta for Windows Mobile integrates two big features from the desktop version--file transferring and SMS. Both are welcome additions that bring the mobile VoIP application much closer in line with the newly updated desktop version, Skype 4.0 for Windows.

The SMS feature has been seamlessly added as a shortcut icon on the contact list page (it's the black circle encasing a tiny cell phone), but you can also initiate a text message by selecting "Send SMS" from the Menu options--the cost will come out of your Skype Credit. The file transfer feature is a bit more buried. To use it, select "Contact Options" from the Menu choices, and then "Send File." This will incur a data charge, so it's best to have a data plan in place before going wild with transfers.

As soon as you ship your image, song, or document out to your buddy, a new tab opens in Skype for Windows Mobile 3.0 beta that keeps track of the transfer and lets you know when your contact has accepted the download. File transfers work both ways, of course, so you'll be able to accept files sent through Skype while you're on the go--crazy photos and important business documents included. File transfer worked without a hitch over our 3G network, as did SMS. Wi-Fi will make them even faster.
After SMS and file transferring, the next biggest change is a technical one that most people shouldn't notice--the fact that you won't have to decide between downloading the version for Windows Smartphones or for Pocket PCs. A single one-size-fits-all download makes installation blissfully brainless. In addition, the beta has undergone a few understated, but useful changes to its layout, like being able to update your status, add hyperlinks to chat messages you may have missed, and the option to buy more Skype Credit.

Skype3.0beta_filetransfer.png

BaffK

Jan 7, 2009
I installed a older version of skype on my xperia. But, I cant get the voice input working on my headset. I must use my phone's mic to talk.
Is there someting i can change to use my mic on my headset instead of my phone?

Thankx

Ganondolf

Nov 16, 2008
wont be long till they release the x1 panel version. (a panel is out in beta but does not seem to work at mo). i heard some panels are coming out tomorrow

BaffK

Jan 7, 2009
Can anybody help me with my problem about the mic input on the standard headset. I cant seem to use the mic. on the headset with skype.

lpgliqing

Dec 27, 2008
Can anybody help me with my problem about the mic input on the standard headset. I cant seem to use the mic. on the headset with skype.

download the attachment and extract audioswitch.exe to your device\Program Files\new folder(any name you like)
copy audioswitch.exe and paste a shortcut at window/startup

Now you can forget your headset...

Attachments

• AudioSwitch.zip
    38.7 KB · Views: 376

BaffK

Jan 7, 2009
Thanks, but thats only for the audio output right? I need to know how I can use the mic input. Tried it with audioswitch but that only regulates the audio output.

shwan_3

Aug 14, 2008
gothenburg
Thanks, but thats only for the audio output right? I need to know how I can use the mic input. Tried it with audioswitch but that only regulates the audio output.

Does it work when you make a normal phone call ? does the button works to hang up or activate voice command ?
Me and many others have the problem that X1 recognizes Headset as just earphones (whit no mic), a workaround is to plug it in while a call is placed , then it will work fine , until you unplug it or soft reset. you could test it and write back here ..
Call any one and while speaking connect the headset, now hang up and make a skype call :)

BaffK

Jan 7, 2009
Shwan_3...
I haven't tried it. Last monday I returned my X1 becouse I had nothing but problems with my phone.
They sayd that the copper plate in my headphone slot was damaged and my phone kept saying that there was a headphone jack in the phone. So when i wanted to call someone i had to une my headphone :S. I hope I get my X1 back in a couple of days (they sayd 2 weeks).
It's to bad, becouse the x1 is a sweet phone! Now I'm back to my Samsung G600 :(

BaffK

Jan 7, 2009
Crap!
Just got my x1 back! I had to wait like 6 weeks! SonyEricsson has a terrible service center here in Holland. They had to wait for 4 weeks untill the parts came in. And the sad part is, its still busted. Cant make a deacent phone call.
Pff....

sh4rps1ght

Nov 4, 2009
Skype New Message Notification

Does anyone know which registry key make Skype new massage notification ?

crisahan

Mar 13, 2010
Zhongshan
can anyone post a download link for a working version of skype for x1?

i installed one before but it didnt work, once i run it, screen just went black and freezed...