[Q] unbrick AT&T galaxy s4 SCH-I337

Search This thread

aandrichaci

Jan 11, 2014
I have a AT&T galaxy s4 SGH-I337 that i bricked. i was trying to install cyanogenmod 11 but i accidently flashed the zip to the stock. the operation failed and now i cant boot to the stock. i can boot into download mode and recovery. im using safestrap 7 as my recovery, but i dont think it is working properly. i need help asap thanks

Last edited:

HORiZUN

Dec 12, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
What firmware did your device have installed? MF3, MK2? You'll have to use odin if on MF3, or the mk2 unbreakable zip if you're on mk2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Reactions: aandrichaci

sandman7793

Apr 24, 2012
Naples
www.infinitygigabyte.com
I have a AT&T galaxy s4 SCH-I337 that i bricked. i was trying to install cyanogenmod 11 but i accidently flashed the zip to the stock. the operation failed and now i cant boot to the stock. i can boot into download mode and recovery. im using safestrap 7 as my recovery, but i dont think it is working properly. i need help asap thanks

There's only safestrap 3.65 and 3.71. In the future read more, because safestrap is only capable of running touchwiz roms, not cyanogenmod. This has to do with the kernel. Now that you flashed to stock slot your recovery is borked. Do what he said above.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: aandrichaci

HORiZUN

Dec 12, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
Copy it to the root of your SD card. Reboot into recovery mode (tutorials are out there) and apply update.zip

Reactions: ted77usa

ted77usa

Inactive RC / RT
Jan 13, 2010
Fog City
I have a AT&T galaxy s4 SGH-I337 that i bricked. i was trying to install cyanogenmod 11 but i accidently flashed the zip to the stock. the operation failed and now i cant boot to the stock. i can boot into download mode and recovery. im using safestrap 7 as my recovery, but i dont think it is working properly. i need help asap thanks

OK follow my thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2573080 on post #3 if you bricked mk2 phone. .....THIS IS THE ONLY WAY AS OF RIGHT NOW. ......use mk2_unbricked_method from gtj0 that I edited. ...... make sure u download MF3 > MK2 update.zip from First post coz u gonna need it in the end of the method. ..... Let me know if u need more help. ...Goodluck. ... If work or I helped u hit THANK.......:D:p:D

Swyped from MK2 Deadly Venom SS

Reactions: nuwan5213

aandrichaci

Jan 11, 2014
OK follow my thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2573080 on post #3 if you bricked mk2 phone. .....THIS IS THE ONLY WAY AS OF RIGHT NOW. ......use mk2_unbricked_method from gtj0 that I edited. ...... make sure u download MF3 > MK2 update.zip from First post coz u gonna need it in the end of the method. ..... Let me know if u need more help. ...Goodluck. ... If work or I helped u hit THANK.......:D:p:D

When i try using the adb sideload it just says "starting adb sideload feature" and loads forever. does it take long to load or is it not working. and which folder do i open up a command prompt in.

Last edited:

ted77usa

Inactive RC / RT
Jan 13, 2010
Fog City
When i try using the adb sideload it just says "starting adb sideload feature" and loads forever. does it take long to load or is it not working. if its not working can i do anything else?

So u did all the mf3 emergency part 1 and 2...... installing recovery-mj6.tar.md5 ..... and right now u are updating mf3> mk2 update. Zip right. .... It take a while. ..... Be patient and see what happen. ..... is 700mb+ ..... Did u Check post#2 on how to update using adb sideload. .... Just incase. ....:D:thumbup:

aandrichaci

Jan 11, 2014
So u did all the mf3 emergency part 1 and 2...... installing recovery-mj6.tar.md5 ..... and right now u are updating mf3> mk2 update. Zip right. .... It take a while. ..... Be patient and see what happen. ..... is 700mb+ ..... Did u Check post#2 on how to update using adb sideload. .... Just incase. ....:D:thumbup:

thanks! everythings working fine now

Reactions: ted77usa

dvd2474

Mar 15, 2014
Glad i can help.....just giving back to this great community what i learned .....as long as u KEEP READING ....u would find your answer in here......"ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE IN XDA" REMEMBER FIRST THANK FROM ME......:p:D:p

hey i flashed that tar file to my phone like u tolde him but i got no wifi or mobile data or sound can u plis give me a hand :(

Karson Mower

Mar 31, 2014
Bricked Samsung Galaxy S4 i337

I have about the same problem. I recently rooted my phone then downloaded a root required app. After the download, it made me reboot and now I'm stuck in a boot loop with stock recovery mode and download mode. I've tried everything I can since I'm limited to only using a mac. Please help ASAP. Thanks.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When i try using the adb sideload it just says "starting adb sideload feature" and loads forever. does it take long to load or is it not working. if its not working can i do anything else?

What firmware did your device have installed? MF3, MK2? You'll have to use odin if on MF3, or the mk2 unbreakable zip if you're on mk2.

I have a AT&T galaxy s4 SCH-I337 that i bricked. i was trying to install cyanogenmod 11 but i accidently flashed the zip to the stock. the operation failed and now i cant boot to the stock. i can boot into download mode and recovery. im using safestrap 7 as my recovery, but i dont think it is working properly. i need help asap thanks

There's only safestrap 3.65 and 3.71. In the future read more, because safestrap is only capable of running touchwiz roms, not cyanogenmod. This has to do with the kernel. Now that you flashed to stock slot your recovery is borked. Do what he said above.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2573080

There you go. If you had 4.3 mk2 you should be able to recover.

Copy it to the root of your SD card. Reboot into recovery mode (tutorials are out there) and apply update.zip