HTC One X won't accept sim unlock code

Search This thread

trojanere

Apr 25, 2012
I have had two companies give me the same unlock code which does not work. Is it a problem with the phone or a problem with the code?

Both say factory reset the phone but this has some issues I think, sometimes I get a red triangle or it reboots very quickly without resetting from the rom.

Phone is sim locked to Three UK (who have stopped fixing the phone directly and HTC won't look at it as its been boot loader unlocked)

Can anyone help with this if so, give full instructions and files needed. Thanks in advance.

P.S. it would be nice if a debranded rom could be installed.

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
I have had two companies give me the same unlock code which does not work. Is it a problem with the phone or a problem with the code?

Both say factory reset the phone but this has some issues I think, sometimes I get a red triangle or it reboots very quickly without resetting from the rom.

Phone is sim locked to Three UK (who have stopped fixing the phone directly and HTC won't look at it as its been boot loader unlocked)

Can anyone help with this if so, give full instructions and files needed. Thanks in advance.

P.S. it would be nice if a debranded rom could be installed.

ARe you on STOCK rom and stock recovery. If no go to full stock

lolozaur

Sep 1, 2007
I had the same problem on my One X locked on Orange Romania. It seems some GSM operators change the factory unlock codes. The only way to unlock it would be to have a buddy working at the GSM Operator or wait until the phone gets out of contract. I was unable to unlock mine.

trojanere

Apr 25, 2012
I had the same problem on my One X locked on Orange Romania. It seems some GSM operators change the factory unlock codes. The only way to unlock it would be to have a buddy working at the GSM Operator or wait until the phone gets out of contract. I was unable to unlock mine.

Well I have ordered the unlock from the operator now and am waiting to see what comes back from them.

chalmizzle

Aug 24, 2009
Barnsley
OK so I have got the code from Three UK and it is the same as the the others and does not work.

Does anyone think it is because the boot loader has been unlocked?

HTC support chat reckon thats the problem:eek:

It shouldn't, I believe I had the same problem but I was on AOSP, I had to put a stock ROM on for sure.
It could be worth locking it to see though, it's not the biggest pain in the ass! :)

If no joy, Im out of ideas... sorry mate!

Good luck

trojanere

Apr 25, 2012
It shouldn't, I believe I had the same problem but I was on AOSP, I had to put a stock ROM on for sure.
It could be worth locking it to see though, it's not the biggest pain in the ass! :)

If no joy, Im out of ideas... sorry mate!

Good luck

Relocked it and still didn't work.

It has the stock rom with latest Three UK OTA.. only unlocked for root ap reasons not for custom rom:confused:

khalid shah

Jan 30, 2014
mumbai
htc one x IMEI null after installing rom 4.1.1

hi ,
my htc one x imei not show when i install a rom 4,1,1 i also try it installing stock rom it dosent solve i also dont even have an backup my phone is already unlocked i cant able to use a calling,wifi, bluetooth pleas any one help me i buy in 32.500 ind ruppes help me .

big noob

Oct 1, 2010
Classified
hi ,
my htc one x imei not show when i install a rom 4,1,1 i also try it installing stock rom it dosent solve i also dont even have an backup my phone is already unlocked i cant able to use a calling,wifi, bluetooth pleas any one help me i buy in 32.500 ind ruppes help me .

Flash the lastest upgrade..4.2.2 Sense 5..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

trojanere

Apr 25, 2012
OK I have put another H3G stock rom on and this does not work either.

After looking into this further I have found somewhere that if the phone is a replacement one or something was changed from manufacturer and providers with regards to databases for unlock codes then the one provided may not work.

Well my phone went into the service centre and they fixed it but stated after testing they decided to change the mainboard. I suspect because it was originally a CID 1111111 with S-OFF(unbranded as HTC described it) as it was delivered first day they came out. Rush job to get to market and didn't get branded to H3G_001 and S-ON I suppose.

Anyway I suspect that because the main board has been changed the the unlock code has also changed and not been documented or changed on the database for the codes. So they are providing me with the original code not the new one and the letter for the fix state IMEI code previous and new the same, so they must have just reprogrammed that and forgot about the unlock code.

Is there a way to read these off the phone, NVR or something?

ted dibiase

Feb 18, 2010
london
I am with Orange or EE and I have tried to flash a stock rom with stock recovery and relocked bootloader and nothing has worked. I have paid 2 companies for the unlock code which is the same code and nothing works I am so frustrated might have to leave htc. This is ridiculous I am on 3.16.61 and my cid is orang001

trojanere

Apr 25, 2012
I am with Orange or EE and I have tried to flash a stock rom with stock recovery and relocked bootloader and nothing has worked. I have paid 2 companies for the unlock code which is the same code and nothing works I am so frustrated might have to leave htc. This is ridiculous I am on 3.16.61 and my cid is orang001

I'm going elsewhere on my next phone too. HTC support use the bootloader unlock as a get out of jail free card.

cueballkrill

Jul 9, 2012
I'm going elsewhere on my next phone too. HTC support use the bootloader unlock as a get out of jail free card.

Just to kick this up I've had the exact same problem (this time with t-mobile) 3 companies and EE all with the same code, all refused by the phone.

Heart breaking really.

Is there no hardware method to get the code or an alternative sim unlock out there?