external battery showdown

Search This thread

AznDud333

Nov 24, 2011
so i got an anker 6000mah external battery and a romoss 16000mah battery from tmart for review recently and ive decided to do a little bit of a showdown here

A quick rundown of the differences here
Romoss Sense 6--------Anker 6000mah
445g--------------------------136g
16000mah------------------6000mah
35.96mah/g----------------44.12mah/g

I've only had the romoss for a day, and so far the battery indicator hasnt gone down yet having charged both of my z1 compacts.
The same could be said about Anker's Astro 2, i could only get about 1.8 charges(which is 4140mah out of the total 6000mah capacity)

in terms of size, i would recommend the astro 2 over the sense 6, for the sakes of having a smaller battery, the romoss is a lot heavier and not worth it unless you are a tablet user(with a big tablet, 9 inches and up), the 309g really really makes a difference.

features wise the romoss wins out, having 2 ports that charges at 2.4A and 1A respectively, versus the since 2A on anker's astro 2, both batteries can be used to charge the other! The romoss requires the press of a button to charge

Build quality wise both batteries are made of plastic, only romoss has a bit of plastic sheddings on the outside, stuff you can just blow away, id say both are pretty solid considering the romoss survived DHL's horrific treatment as can be seen in the pictures.

they are both currently priced at $30 at various websites
http://imgur.com/a/w8F80

i was just sent this
product link: http://www.tmart.com/ROMOSS-PH80-16000mAh-3-7V-Portable-USB-Mobile-Power-Charger-White_p251832.html

Coupon code is:ROMOSSS6

promote price is: US$29.99

Last edited:
Reactions: qx876 and dontsurf

qx876

Sep 13, 2012
Thx, but the problem that I see with all the external batteries, there is a big lack of longterm reviews.
All this power is worthless if the batteries die after 20 cycles.
Can you recommend a fastcharging longlasting one?

BlackArtsInc

Apr 26, 2012
Athens
Well I'm using a cheap Primark 2000mAh external battery (UK 6£) and it's still usable after 6-7 months. I believe it's really 1500-1600mAh by now though. But for me the point is to be able to charge from say 15% to 40% when in your car for example so as not to let the phone die completely.

Not sent by me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so i got an anker 6000mah external battery and a romoss 16000mah battery from tmart for review recently and ive decided to do a little bit of a showdown here

A quick rundown of the differences here
    Romoss Sense 6--------Anker 6000mah
    445g--------------------------136g
    16000mah------------------6000mah
    35.96mah/g----------------44.12mah/g

I've only had the romoss for a day, and so far the battery indicator hasnt gone down yet having charged both of my z1 compacts.
    The same could be said about Anker's Astro 2, i could only get about 1.8 charges(which is 4140mah out of the total 6000mah capacity)

in terms of size, i would recommend the astro 2 over the sense 6, for the sakes of having a smaller battery, the romoss is a lot heavier and not worth it unless you are a tablet user(with a big tablet, 9 inches and up), the 309g really really makes a difference.

features wise the romoss wins out, having 2 ports that charges at 2.4A and 1A respectively, versus the since 2A on anker's astro 2, both batteries can be used to charge the other! The romoss requires the press of a button to charge

Build quality wise both batteries are made of plastic, only romoss has a bit of plastic sheddings on the outside, stuff you can just blow away, id say both are pretty solid considering the romoss survived DHL's horrific treatment as can be seen in the pictures.

they are both currently priced at $30 at various websites
    http://imgur.com/a/w8F80

i was just sent this
    product link: http://www.tmart.com/ROMOSS-PH80-16000mAh-3-7V-Portable-USB-Mobile-Power-Charger-White_p251832.html

Coupon code is:ROMOSSS6

promote price is: US$29.99