G2x working on web2go or t-zones?

Search This thread

nexus14

May 9, 2010
G2x working on web2go or t-zones?

FYI, T-mobile has a list of all IMEI matched up to its respective device. It's up to T-mobile whether or not it's black-listed. That's why sometimes when calling CSR, they will be able to call you that you have an iPhone despite T-mobile not carrying the iPhone. You may argue, "nexus14, when I log into mytmobile.com, my phone shows up as a blank image! therefore, T-mobile must not know what phone I'm carrying."

Wrong. T-mobile knows -- it's either T-mobile doesn't have a stock image of your device or it hasn't been programed into their website yet. Regardless, there exist some sort of master IMEI list that links up to each respective device.

Last edited:

mesajoejoe

Jan 18, 2008
I will let you know tomorrow ;)

I am wondering if i will have to buy the phone outright to keep my tzones or if they will consider that a data plan and let me use my upgrade...

My understanding is regardless of buying outright, they have the imei numbers in there database from these phones and would prompt you for an upgrade and wouldnt work. Isnt it the nexus phones that t-mobile doesnt get the imei numbers from?

sosquidtaste

Jun 28, 2010
Los Angeles
My understanding is regardless of buying outright, they have the imei numbers in there database from these phones and would prompt you for an upgrade and wouldnt work. Isnt it the nexus phones that t-mobile doesnt get the imei numbers from?

I believe it was only the Nexus One that didn't have its IMEI documented with T-Mobile. When I switched over to my Nexus S, I was no longer able to use my $10 data plan. It was a real kick in the crotch.

And that's the Nexus S, which wasn't even sold directly from T-Mo. I wouldn't get my hopes up about web2go on the G2X :(

Last edited:

mingkee

I believe it was only the Nexus One that didn't have its IMEI documented with T-Mobile. When I switched over to my Nexus S, I was no longer able to use my $10 data plan. It was a real kick in the crotch.

And that's the Nexus S, which wasn't even sold directly from T-Mo. I wouldn't get my hopes up about web2go on the G2X :(

I can confirm that $10 web2go (not 200MB) works with nexus one but NOT NS (except you root it and move /efs folder to safe place).
As I have "4G web" tagged on my EM+ 3 in 1 plan, I am fine with it, but 3rd line (with web2go) will have problem.

SupremeC281

Jun 19, 2010
t-zones/web2go will not work on the g2x.

i heard in settings, there isnt an option to edit the apn in order for one to use t-zones/web2go.

so there will be a point in time where we will all have to cough up $30 data plan or whatever..

erikiksaz

Mar 18, 2010
Los Angeles
t-zones/web2go will not work on the g2x.

i heard in settings, there isnt an option to edit the apn in order for one to use t-zones/web2go.

so there will be a point in time where we will all have to cough up $30 data plan or whatever..

There is an option to add a new APN, you just can't modify the default epc.tmobile.com one.

Oddly enough my web2go (or whatever the $10 dollar plan is called) is working. I'm using the internet2.voicestream.com.

Hopefully it stays this way.

JHaste

Jan 7, 2010
Tempe Arizona!
There is an option to add a new APN, you just can't modify the default epc.tmobile.com one.

Oddly enough my web2go (or whatever the $10 dollar plan is called) is working. I'm using the internet2.voicestream.com.

Hopefully it stays this way.

No phone yet... but if web2go works then t-zones should work... they use the same apn's

and i am coming from a nexus one...

coldest~~~

Jan 15, 2011
It might work for a short period like the NS did. But eventually, but will start blocking imei. If web2go works, this would be THE phone and the end of all the HD2er

Sent from HTC HD2 with Android

Last edited:

coldest~~~

Jan 15, 2011
I will let you know tomorrow ;)

I am wondering if i will have to buy the phone outright to keep my tzones or if they will consider that a data plan and let me use my upgrade...

If you do the upgrade thru their website, you are not automatically forced into a data plan. But by doing this, you will not get MIR.

Sent from HTC HD2 with Android

NardVa

Mar 20, 2011
This is good news. I hope it stays this way and more people confirm it working it the coming weeks.

Das_mobile

Jul 30, 2009
The 909, So Cal
Damn I just got a HTC Incredible S (it works with T-zones) and I am going to be upset at myself for not getting this instead.

If the phone works for one billing cycle on Web2go/T-zones, I think we will be gold. Hope T-Mobile throws its loyal customers a bone with allowing this to work on non-capped dumbphone plans.

coldest~~~

Jan 15, 2011
Damn I just got a HTC Incredible S (it works with T-zones) and I am going to be upset at myself for not getting this instead.

If the phone works for one billing cycle on Web2go/T-zones, I think we will be gold. Hope T-Mobile throws its loyal customers a bone with allowing this to work on non-capped dumbphone plans.

htc IS works on t-zone/web2go? confirmed? where can I get more info?