Dynaflo LIQUID-ARMOR INVISIBLE screen protector

Search This thread

Pinkthesink

Nov 27, 2010
Framingham
I thought I'd throw in my two-cents on this. This product may seem to good to be true, and it could be, that doesn't mean the technology isn't available.

You see, in my quest for the ultimate car wax/protectant, I came across a relatively new technology/application. Permanent and semi permanent coatings to protect the clear coat on modern vehicles. I am not speaking of your typical polymer based waxes.

One of the first was a product in Japan known as "G'zox real glass coating". If you've been to a new car dealership, you may have seen adverts for "Simonize glass coat".

Simonize should conjure negative thoughts to any car buff worth his weight, but that doesn't mean their new glass coat isn't legit. It uses a similar product/process to G'zox.

Heres a few links to these products

(in no way am I connected to any of them)

http://www.gzox.com/beautiful/performance/ (this is in Japanese, but chrome will translate it)

http://optimumcarcare.com/ocoat1.php?li=4 (this site may not look as nice as some e-tailers, but his products are considered top-tier in the detailing communities.

I suppose what I am getting at, is that there are permanent liquid applied products, which are designed to add a hardened, clear, protective, and most importantly, permanent coat/layer

You'll find plenty of happy customer reviews for opticoat: google if youre interested.

I do however doubt Dynaflo is using a product in this category; probably just a clear polymer protectant.

Last edited:

sdmf91

Mar 31, 2011
I ended up buying some from Dynatron, the makers of cooling assemblies. It appears that Hard-Shield is the same product as Liquid-Armor as stated on Liquid Armors site.

I used 3 coats and so far so good. I've had it on for about a week now and usually keep my phone in my pocket or jacket pocket. I'm not going to purposely try to scratch my screen but if something happens I'll certainly update my findings to this thread.

predation

Jan 1, 2011
but what if you want to take it off???
do you have to "scrape" it off? wouldn't the scraping action scratch the screen?

NIK516

Mar 4, 2010
haha yes! actually it was Linus led me to this product. too bad i'm having a hard time to order it online coz of shipping costs.

I love his show was just about to link lol best PC review channel ever and he is so honest. Refreshing to see a channel that is doing well but not a sell out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

nexile

Nov 2, 2010
Ah I like that I can actually trust linus to not be ridiculously biased. I might actually have to try this out now ;o I was pretty skeptical at first.

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
so after watching the Linus video I googled more about this armor and this was the #1 result for the liquid armor lol.

xetas

Nov 3, 2010
You wouldn't be able to "scrape" it off. It's a micro coating, barely noticeable. I'm betting that if you did enough damage to it, the screen would damage as well. So, if you didn't want it on, just wait a few months and the coating would wear off...similar to car wax.

miaan

Sep 1, 2010
fwiw its gigantic -- the difference between having a screen protector on and not, and you really begin to appreciate the way this phone looks and feels. it copes excellently with oils and other pocket dirts

time will tell if this thing works, but so far im happy

MilkPudding

Jan 21, 2010
but what if you want to take it off???
do you have to "scrape" it off? wouldn't the scraping action scratch the screen?

I think the whole point is there's "nothing" to take off. It's like you won't want to scrape off the paint on the phone. And it wears off over time (that's why they claim you have to reapply every few months)

I'm skeptical to how effective it is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

tct08

Feb 19, 2010
Austin, TX
I've tried 3 different wet apply and one dry screen protector and I've been incredibly unhappy with how they looked and felt. Really the only reason I've even went for a protector is to cover up a hairline scratch I got from having my phone and sunglasses in the same pocket. I'm hoping this last product will give me the clarity of a naked screen while hopefully filling in this scratch!

Dakota0206

Sep 17, 2011
www.okc-tech.com
I've tried 3 different wet apply and one dry screen protector and I've been incredibly unhappy with how they looked and felt. Really the only reason I've even went for a protector is to cover up a hairline scratch I got from having my phone and sunglasses in the same pocket. I'm hoping this last product will give me the clarity of a naked screen while hopefully filling in this scratch!

Let us know how it turns out

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Galaxy Nexus.

konman795

Jun 2, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Been using my hard shield on the phone for a little over a week now and am very satisfied with it still. I did the application twice (applied, waited 24 hours, buffed out streaks, twice) and it still looks great. That motorcycle video actually puts my mind to rest as I was skeptical about it at first myself. Taking pictures of how the hard shield looks on the phone is redundant because it looks just like the naked screen.

peglegrook

Apr 1, 2009
I'm curious how many coatings you'd get out of one bottle. I love the concept (if it proves to work over an extended test). But if it only lasted a 6 months or a year, I wonder if I could stomach the cost.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a little bit of an update. Somebody earlier in this thread posted a video of a guy dragged a phone covered with this on a motorcycle. I don't know how many coats or how much solution he used, but this stuff does NOT peel like the video.

Nah, definitely don't need sandpaper lol just anything granular similar to sand and do some key swipes.

From what I've seen on youtube, the product does work to protect the screen. With a regular screen protector you just peel/buy new one if it gets scratched. With this, is it better to re-fill the scratched areas after cleaning/buffing or entirely removing the initial coating then re-applying it or some other method Dynaflo suggest. Looking forward to it for sure though =D I've got a Zune/camera that would benefit from this too.

BTW, I also asked on FB specifics on dealing with scratch repair on Liquid Armor. I'll update when/if they respond =D

I've got a dummy device from work, it still has plastic on it so it should NOT have any scratches or scuff marks. It will take me a few days to do a proper test though.

Great info. When/if you do cause a scratch on the liquid armor, can you test the best way of fixing it? I read the dynaflo manual online and it said you can't add layers but only even out the solution. I'm guessing if you apply it over the scratched areas of liquid armor it will cover those up. That's my guess anyways. Glad you have it and can put it through some tests =D

I will try. Today at work I got fed up with not being able to peel the solution with my fingernail. I took an exacto knife to my bold 9900. (which in hindsight wasn't a great idea) I had to press really hard to even get a scratch. I finally got one. The "screen protector" DID NOT PEEL. My screen just scratched. Now theres no way to tell if the dynaflo thing worked, but as of now all I can say is my screen is scratched. I will try to reapply and see if the scratch gets "filled in"

it should completely dry after 24 Hours then you can try peeling from the edges or use something sharp and thin for peeling it ,
    please keep us updated

I've been trying. I tried my iPad and my bold 9900. It doesn't peel

lol that company is genius! Sell screen cleaner as "liquid shield" --> Placebo effect --> Profit!

Thats what Im thinking it is. It looks like the regular screen, feels like the regular screen. Thats IT! It probably is just a screen polish of some sort. What a genius idea, can't believe I didnt think of it first.

Final update before actual testing: Bottom line is screens look great without a screen protector. My bold 9900 for the last two days has been looking great, so imagine what my nexus will look like. I bought my nexus outright for 750 before it was released on any carrier, so obviously even a little nick will hurt, but whats the point of having such a great screen for it to be degraded by a screen protector.

I need someone with the time and the resources to do a proper controlled test on this stuff, I will try to do one on my own but would appreciate if someone can jump in as well.

I've sprayed this stuff the following amount : 4-5 sprays on my iPad, 4 on my bold 9900. And the bottle feels like its losing weight quick.

I will keep the updates going. You can keep the questions coming, but by the end of this I want each of you to donate a dollar to me so I can recoup my 20 bucks I spent on this bs. Lol kidding.
    http://liquiddefender.com/H7-for-all-Handheld-Gaming-Devices-LD003.htm

Okay okay are you serious ....

Anti Fingerprint
    100% Bubble Free Guaranteed
    Corner to Corner Protection
    Easy to Apply
    Increase Battery Performance
    Improve Clarity and Brilliant
    Long Lasting Protection
    Prevent Color Fading
    Reduce Radiation Exposure
    Scratch Resistance
    Super Hardness up to 7H
    A quick update. I haven't applied this t my nexus yet, but I applied it to my Bold 9900 and my iPad.

When I put it on the bold 9900, it dried very quickly. Feels and looks just like the real glass of the phone. Feels like nothing is there. I then put it on my iPad and deliberatley put on an excess amount. I wanted to feel what was there and how it acted. After about 30 minutes I tried peeling it off with my fingernail but it just felt like normal glass. Nothing was peeling. I need it to leave it on longer for a real test.

For people that are skeptic about this product and/or ocd about this screen = Actually having the product will not ease your paranoia. Im still very skeptical at how this can protect anything. It smells, looks and feels just like rubbing alcohol being applied. Time will tell though.
    Well I got the armor today and applied 2 coatings of it to my phone with 30 minutes drying periods in between. Doesn't seem to have done anything other than smudge easier, and the tiny hairline scratch is still there, though I think it's less visible. Screen feels about the same as naked, although it may be a tad less smooth. Overall, not super satisfied but not entirely disappointed, either. I'm done with screen protectors and I'm just gonna leave this on.
    Bit of an update.. I had this applied a few weeks back. ZERO scratches still. No micro-scratches, nothing. I've dropped the phone a few times but the screen is holding up like a champ. I don't know if it's the coating or the actual glass Samsung used but I'm happy with the results.

Those of you that think your screen protector basically feels like naked glass... you need to take it off and feel the difference. NOTHING comes close to the feel of naked glass :D