Display issues?

Search This thread

rjohmit

Jun 22, 2011
I can't remember exactly when I got the tab but its been a while... maybe close to a year. I've recently noticed an issue with the display of my GTab 10.1. I'll call it "splotchiness" for lack of a better word. And I'm not sure if its a defect with my Tab, or if its just the panel they used on the GTab 10.1.

Its hard to describe so I'll give some examples. On the settings screen, there are these weird lines or "bands" across the titile bar at the top. I get similar banding across the buttons (WI-FI, Notifications, GPS, etc.) of settings popup from the tray. And some banding and splotches in the Box app.

I've converted several DVDs to AVIs and put them on my tablet. Maybe the quality of the video just sucks. But most of them have these grainy, splotchy areas throughout the film. Sometimes its the background...sometimes its on peoples' faces, hands, etc. The splotches appear on still images too.

Its really hard to get images of the screen (the splotches and stuff strangely didn't show up in screenshots I took on the tab) but I did my best.

Anyone else's GTab do this? Is mine defective? Thanks in advance for your help.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

rjohmit

Jun 22, 2011
I guess I'll assume the lack of response means nobody else is having this issue. I went back and looked and I bought my Tab on June 20th, 2011 so it's still under warranty. So I guess I'll send it back.

aksolanki

Mar 14, 2011
Lugo, Italy.
www.thisiswhatwedo.com
I guess I'll assume the lack of response means nobody else is having this issue. I went back and looked and I bought my Tab on June 20th, 2011 so it's still under warranty. So I guess I'll send it back.
Hi, I'm no expert, but more info about your tablet would be necessary. Which version of the ANDROID OS are you using? It looks like the stock OS, but exact model and OS info is needed.

From a cursory glance at your post, it looks to me to be a software issue. But some more tests and info would be needed. I have attached some test images for you to view on your screen. See if you get the problem with these images.

Have fun. Anil

Attachments

• Color_Test_Pattern.jpg
    Color_Test_Pattern.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 27
  • color-test-file.jpg
    color-test-file.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 44
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

rjohmit

Jun 22, 2011
It's a 7510MAVB... 32 GB. Stock 3.2.

Those images do the same thing... Splotchy areas. I've contacted Samsung for repair. Only have 2 months of warranty left.

Thanks for the reply.