[Q] *Ridiculously* Bad Battery Life

Search This thread

Flexmaen

May 17, 2011
I do not really trust the battery statistics.

One night I started the audio recorder. After about 3-4 hours the battery was empty. The Nokia E71 would have lasted twice as long with audio recording...

However it was clear that the audio recorder drained the battery. The stadard battery-info just showed that Android System and Phone used up the battery, the battery info of Android Assistant just showed lots of Apps with less than 2% usage but no audio recorder. That means: if you counted al listed apps together you might reach ~20% but get no idea what really drained your battery.

So I think: Just don't trust your battery-statistics. The phone works about 1 1/2 days for me with normal usage, less an a day if I do GPS-Track recording and maybe only 2 hours if I do gaming with it. But I didn't note any difference regarding the battery usage of the phone module, I still think it's more a problem that the real reason is not resolved and just counts as "phone".

jackhayden

Dec 19, 2011
Hello everyone, I have been using my phone for 2 weeks now. I had a problematic battery, but I insisted my dealer to change it for a new one for me, twice, until im satisfied. Now my phone can last a day with moderate usage, more than enough for me. I can even play games frequently.

musash1

Aug 20, 2011
Ok, i've been doing some research on this, and while the battery stats are showing 99% of dialer consumption, but i have this stats on other program that shows me the right amount of battery drainage by background or foreground apps!
Ok, -Android System 10%
But -Htc Check in Service 10% also
And -Setting Storage 10% WTF
FFS -Google backup Transport 10% OMGWTF!
OMFG -BrcmBluetoothServices 9% (I DIDNT EVEN TURNED ON BLUETOOTH FOR 10 DAYS At least)
AND down below things i dont/havent used at all: -Flickr -Sim tollkit, etc , I DONT EVEN HAVE FLICKR! (u cant see that its below...and many more android/google nonsense apps and programs wasting our batteries that i dont even use!

Attachments

• 2012-02-23_23-54-35.jpg
    2012-02-23_23-54-35.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

jporch316

May 26, 2007
Ok, i've been doing some research on this, and while the battery stats are showing 99% of dialer consumption, but i have this stats on other program that shows me the right amount of battery drainage by background or foreground apps!
Ok, -Android System 10%
But -Htc Check in Service 10% also
And -Setting Storage 10% WTF
FFS -Google backup Transport 10% OMGWTF!
OMFG -BrcmBluetoothServices 9% (I DIDNT EVEN TURNED ON BLUETOOTH FOR 10 DAYS At least)
AND down below things i dont/havent used at all: -Flickr -Sim tollkit, etc , I DONT EVEN HAVE FLICKR! (u cant see that its below...and many more android/google nonsense apps and programs wasting our batteries that i dont even use!

thats not HTC chacha screen shot????? I dont even get any of those items on my handset????

casanovadevil

Dec 18, 2010
try this

just select network selection to manual
gsm / wcdma /auto to gsm
and always on data to off
.. just change setting to wcdma and data to on when you want internet
data doesnt work but battery life is great

Reactions: r2b2

Nicraz

Feb 28, 2012
Chicago
I've been using the Status/ChaCha for just a few days but I bought it used and noticed that the battery didn't last long. I bought a replacement non-OEM battery on eBay and it lasts a little bit longer than the original HTC one. The difference isn't too much but I also bought a dock charging station for the battery, that way I'm always charging the extra one.

B

buzda2

finally solution!!!

after some time searching on net for solution with dialer and battery problem i found some sorf of solution here:
code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=17383
comment No 204

program name is "Proximity Screen Off" (by Shailesh Soliwal)

dialer gets stuck waiting for response from proximity sensor - bug.

hope this helps!!!!

Timark

Oct 13, 2008
Switch to any other launcher. In my case i switched to go launcher and battery life improved ten fold. Seem s like sense was the non sense.

Hi, have you found this to be true consistently since the change in launcher? I have three Chachas in my house and the they all report high dialer usage and have quite low battery life.

cucikosh

Mar 6, 2012
Hey guys I was reading one topic and I found this :

And finally here is a Top 10 Checklist to help improve HTC Battery Life
1.Turn off Background Data syncing : Settings > Accounts & sync > Untick Background data. You will come across apps that you wlil turn this on for, make sure you turn it off when you're through with the using the app.
2 Ditch Auto-sync : Settings > Accounts & sync > Untick Auto-sync. This single handedly cost me a lot of money overseas with data usage. It will eat your battery too.
3.Get rid of Vibrate: Settings > Sound & display > Untick Phone Vibrate.
4.Turn Off Haptic feedback, it's largely unecessary unless you must have it: Settings > Sound & display > Untick Haptic feedback : Vibrate when pressing soft keys and on certain UI interactions.
5.Lower Brightness: Settings > Sound & display > Brightness > Untick Automatic brightness > Reduce Brightness by sliding to left.
6.Lower the Screen Timeout Interval: Settings > Sound & display > Screen timeout (default 1 min) > Reduce to less than 1 min (15 seconds minimum).
7.If you're out and about then you can disable WiFi : Settings > Wireless & networks > Untick Wi-Fi.
8.Disable Bluetooth, who uses this these days anyway: Settings > Wireless & networks > Untick Bluetooth.
9 Clean up the Running services: Settings > Applications > Running Services > Select and Stop any apps that you are not using, there are likely to be many!
10.Check the data options of the apps you have installed, many can be customized to reduce battery usage: normally in Setting options of each app. Change intervals / frequency of data pulls or disable background syncing altogether. Pay attention to Twitter clients, RSS apps and mail especially.

Go to Settings -> Sound -> Disable Quiet ring on pickup, pocket mode and flip for speaker.

After I adjusted these settings with 2 days using my battery life is stil on 100%, but I only sent few message...

manimans

Aug 25, 2011
Yes it has worked for me.just changing to go launcher i noticed significant difference.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

abc_x3

Jun 13, 2012
Ha Noi
I also got Dailer problem

I got htc Chacha few days ago, and Dailer problem is one of the biggest problems of this "smart" phone.

I tried to Root it and recovery it into 2 different firmwares (ROM) of Hexgore and Void 1.6 Asia, but Dailer is still want to be my phone's best friend :)
I also tried to fix this problem by some recommendation like disabling features in Sound Setting, turn on USB debugging. However, Dailer process always appears on top of Battery use after making call or receiving call :(

Any solution until now, plz? Can CM7 ROM solve it ?

Flexmaen

May 17, 2011
I got htc Chacha few days ago, and Dailer problem is one of the biggest problems of this "smart" phone.
Once again: The dialer is not the problem at all. The battery usage statistics are crap no mather which app you take.

For example: When either a frozen camera or the gps signal widget drowned my battery, the statistic said "display". But you have to find the real battery consumer and stop it.

Any solution until now, plz? Can CM7 ROM solve it ?
Yes, I'd say that CM7 consumes less battery than the stock ROM, especially when you actually use the phone for something.

You could also try some CPU Tools (if you know what you are doing), but you will need root anyway to improve your battery life.

abc_x3

Jun 13, 2012
Ha Noi
First, thank for Mr.Flexmaen's comment. Im newbie of Android, have less experience on it but in my opinion, it's not a not-a-problem :)

I didnt face to this prob in CM7. In this rom, sometime when u turn of display, the Display process will be on top ( >90% battery). But after u use ur phone, the % change ( it decreases normally). Wit me the Display process decrease to 49% after 30 mins using my phone to install and use some apps

Back to 2 ROM i mentioned, the Dailer always on top and show the very-high percent of using battery, whenever u use any apps. That's why i think it was a problem. If no call or receiving call, everything's ok.

Wit CM7 or SuperOSR u can optimize CPU wit intergrated Tool (Setting) built in. Its great! However, in newest SuperOSR, the battery icon is disappear on status bar and i dont know how to make it showed. :D
CM7 does not contain any Google Service, it is the main reason to increase perfectly ur battery life, inst it ;)

Flexmaen

May 17, 2011
Well, never trust the battery statistics in Android.

For example:
With the HTC Chacha stock ROM, always "Dialer" was on top.
With SuperOSR, always "Display" was on top.

Still I had some other app that was responsible for draining the battery. I froze it with App Quarantine, the battery now lasts twice as long as before and I still have Display on top. But the display definately wasn't the problem.

I also noticed that the battery drains very quickle with the Stock ROM if you actually use your phone. In SuperOSR the perfomance of the apps is slightly better while battery lasts longer during usage of the same apps. Don't know what the reason is, but I think that SuperOSR is better optimized than the standard ROM. However: The real reasons won't show up in the battery statistics...

MagicalSword

Dec 5, 2011
If you are using any ROM based on stock and the dialer bug is hitting you, I have found that switching on the speaker (even if briefly) during all calls will prevent the bug from happening (with senors off).

Maybe battery statistics are not to be trusted, but the battery will certainly last longer this way...

good luck!

abc_x3

Jun 13, 2012
Ha Noi
Well, Mr.Hexgore saw some post of me in other thread and he promise to fix dailer problem this week. In my opinion, his ROM is quite perfect for most of Chacha's user (wit or without dailer fix).

I will try to use the App Quarantine, now im in CM7. Still feel good wit this ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC just told me that they found no issue. Ugh.
    Turning off facebook chat plus the gmail app update has drastically increased my battery life. After a full day of use I'm at 66%. I use to not be able to get through a day.

Privacy Settings > Apps and Websites (Settings) > Click on HTC Chacha > Remove Access Facebook Chat.

http://technorati.com/technology/android/article/new-gmail-app-235-for-android/
    Turning off facebook chat plus the gmail app update has drastically increased my battery life. After a full day of use I'm at 66%. I use to not be able to get through a day.

Privacy Settings > Apps and Websites (Settings) > Click on HTC Chacha > Remove Access Facebook Chat.

How do you remove access to facebook chat? I had a look at privacy settings on my chacha and there is no option for this. Just realised you mean on facebook itself.

Wow, I am chuffed with this. I never even use facebook chat, ever, and I hate always being online. I would switch it off but it would come back on. But hopefully this will be sorted.

I have been on my hols and turned data off and only used it when I needed it. And this has worked for me, not an ideal situation but its definitely a work around.

I am going to update my gmail now and see if that makes a difference.

Also whoever posted the screenshot with the dialer at 97%....well thats exactly what mines says!!!! Annoying.
    @bawbagg, how do you turn off facebook chat from the facebook page? (I actually hate facebook; got this phone for the qwerty keyboard awesomeness :D).
    In Facebook, click on your Account dropdown menu in the top right, and from there select Account Settings.

Then on the left menu on that page, select Applications, then Edit the settings for the HTC ChaCha application. In that page you can see all the authorisations that the ChaCha has, scan down the list for Facebook chat, and then you can Remove it. Facebook chat no longer appears in my list, so I can't remember exactly what the icon/text says on the Facebook page.

Incidentally, I'm not a big fan of FB either - I got the ChaCha for the keyboard too :).

BB
    try this

just select network selection to manual
    gsm / wcdma /auto to gsm
    and always on data to off
    .. just change setting to wcdma and data to on when you want internet
    data doesnt work but battery life is great