[REQ] Tweaks to remove Arrow Keys from Keyboard

Search This thread

leejiahui

Sep 10, 2007
Hi guys, I am not sure if many of you have this problem, but the arrow keys on the bottom row is really a pain, as it is just below the space bar.

More often than not, when I try to tap the space bar, I tend to accidentally hit the arrow keys below it, causing T9 to change to an alternate word.

This has been very annoying to me. I have done some search and found quite a few complains from the others as well regarding this issue.

I personally find no use for the keys to be there. and I believe same goes to most of you HD2 users.

Can I please ask for some help from the expert around to create a tweak or maybe some step by step guide to remove the arrow keys from the bottom row of the keyboard, making the keyboard shorter.

This is something that I believe will help many of us out there. thanks for viewing.

Your help will be appreciated!

PS: I have tried finger keyboard, but it still have the arrow keys, and i am having some problem with the suggesting contact names. I really hope some one could just remove the arrow keys from the original keyboard, as it is really good aside from the arrow keys being there. Thanks Again!

Last edited:

daleandla

May 6, 2008
hi guys, i am not sure if many of you have this problem, but the arrow keys on the bottom row is really a pain, as it is just below the space bar.

More often than not, when i try to tap the space bar, i tend to accidentally hit the arrow keys below it, causing t9 to change to an alternate word.

This has been very annoying to me. I have done some search and found quite a few complains from the others as well regarding this issue.

I personally find no use for the keys to be there. And i believe same goes to most of you hd2 users.

Can i please ask for some help from the expert around to create a tweak or maybe some step by step guide to remove the arrow keys from the bottom row of the keyboard, making the keyboard shorter.

This is something that i believe will help many of us out there. Thanks for viewing.

Your help will be appreciated!

Ps: I have tried finger keyboard, but it still have the arrow keys, and i am having some problem with the suggesting contact names. I really hope some one could just remove the arrow keys from the original keyboard, as it is really good aside from the arrow keys being there. Thanks again!

amen too that!

Reignzone

Sep 2, 2009
Dallas, Texas
The simple solution is for some third-party developer to design an alternative VK that finally utilizes the upgraded screen real-estate.

Android has tons of different keyboard layouts... developers just need to jump on-board with Windows Mobile.

leejiahui

Sep 10, 2007
Hi me again. So has any expert programmer out there could please please help us out???

any guidelines would be good. Thanks!!

Martinhdk

Mar 7, 2007
Search for Nikoan89 wvga keyboard v2.2. That has the function with arrows you want.. Its an old feature btw.. :)

Martinhdk

Mar 7, 2007
Correction. version 1 see to be better... Pressthe arrow button and magic happen on top of the kb..:D

leejiahui

Sep 10, 2007
Hi, Nikoan keyboard seems to be ideal, however after installing his WVGA cab, my HD2 wouldnt boot and was always stuck at the white screen with the HTC words. At 1 point I tot i have bricked my phone... coz i wasnt able to sync and re flash my rom. However i got it fixed in the end.

oakie

Jan 25, 2010
Seattle, WA
revtarded.com
i too am looking for something like this as well as modifying the landscape SIP to put the cursor keys on the left side of the KB.

why?

cuz i have small hands/thumbs. if the cursors were on the left, there would be equal reach to the keyboard on both sides, unlike now where the right side is twice the length than the left due to the strip of hardware keys adding to the length of reach.

if someone could reorganize the stock (HTC) keyboard cursors:

1. in portrait: remove the row of cursors or place them along the TOP edge of the keyboard.
2. in landscape: move the column of cursors from the right to the left of the keyboard.

SPB and Resco charge $20-25 for their keyboard solutions. after trying both, i think they both suck and i'm glad i trialed them first.

therefore, i'm willing to pay/donate $25 to the first person who can meet both of my requested modifications without bugs.

lemonspeakers

Jan 11, 2009
New York
I personally prefer those arrow keys to be there. Only because I find it annoying that when I type, and make a mistake, putting my blinking cursor-line right after the mistake only to hit backspace to delete the mistake, is annoying.

I just typed a mu|stake. ARGH! (Must put cursor between U and S in order to edit it. - Always a hit/miss)

Any tips?